WV - Kellie Odella Workman, 36, arrested, 4 Kids Including Infant No Electric, Food, Logan Co, 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Kellie Odella Workman

She's a mom that tells her kids it's none of their business where she goes, and leaves them in the dark with only a flashlight and with no food.

LE went to the home about 10:00PM after a call about unattended children.

http://www.dailymail.com/policebrfs/201308260077

In the United States Of America children are living like this.

I'm so glad somebody called on her and hope her days as a 'mom' are over!

And here she is Kellie Odella Workman

23257911_BG2.JPG

LOGAN COUNTY, WV - WV woman charged with multiple child abuse charges, possession charges

A woman from Logan County, WV is facing charges after police found her four children home alone with no power.

According to the criminal complaint, Kellie Odella Workman , 36, was charged with four counts of child abuse creating risk of injury and two counts of possession of a controlled substance.

http://www.wowktv.com/story/2325791...use-charges-possession-charges-kellie-workman

Choosing drugs over your kids well being is, I don't think I have any words for that.... My brother is struggling with a xanax addiction for awhile now and he chooses those damn pills over his daughter and then blames everyone but himself for not being able to see her because he doesnt have a problem, don't ya know, but he is out of his mind.

I hope these kids are enjoying some food, warmth and a movie tonight. I hope there are some decent family members that can step up and help out here.....Prayers

And here she is Kellie Odella Workman

23257911_BG2.JPG

LOGAN COUNTY, WV - WV woman charged with multiple child abuse charges, possession charges

A woman from Logan County, WV is facing charges after police found her four children home alone with no power.

According to the criminal complaint, Kellie Odella Workman , 36, was charged with four counts of child abuse creating risk of injury and two counts of possession of a controlled substance.

http://www.wowktv.com/story/23257911/wv-woman-charged-with-multiple-child-abuse-charges-possession-charges-kellie-workmanhttp://www.wowktv.com/story/2325791...use-charges-possession-charges-kellie-workman

She actually looks miffed they locked her up. :banghead:

She actually looks miffed they locked her up. :banghead:

I know right! I wonder where HER family is, mom, dad ? Doesn't anyone know what the heck is going on here?

If they didnt they will now..........

:steamed:

Unbelievable! I wonder how long the children have been living in these conditions? And, if CPS already had case files on them that were just not being worked?

So very, very sad.

I know right! I wonder where HER family is, mom, dad ? Doesn't anyone know what the heck is going on here?

If they didnt they will now..........

Something obviously went very wrong here. She has a FB, but I don't want to link it as the kids are there. She has a family and the children are all clean and look healthy. I know photos can be deceiving. There's a brand new baby and a little guy still in diapers. Lots of other kids around. Someone has a pool.

You can use middle name Hall without Odella, and her last name.

How, how, how do people get in situations like this in 2013? There for the grace of God go I and all that, but these kids were alone in the dark. A two month old infant with no bed.

Forgive me, but it's like Coal Miner's Daughter or something. Only folks didn't leave their children. A comment does say she is either at work or at the house. Welllllllllllllll, not anymore. Hopefully the kids are with family and there's help available.

Adorable kids.

From her facebook, it appears that she had a 4 1/2 month old baby that died less than 10 days ago? Is that the right facebook page?

Jmo. She needs some loving friends and arms around her. Someone to take care of her and her kids for a little while so she can see that they are still here, that they love her, and that everything is going to be okay. Praying for her and her children.

I live in WV, not from the same area as she lived in......Neighbors here usually keep a better eye out for kids than this. I can't believe nobody had turned her in. Or at least brought food in to make sure the kids were not going hungry. I am simply sick over this. I think they poor children deserve a decent home......preferably one where they have plenty to eat and nice beds to crawl into.

I think these are trumped up charges based on the drugs. Looking at the FB page the children appear to be loved and basically cared for -- the interactions between mother and older daughter are normal and loving. The "infant" child is two years old, not 1 year old. And really, it's not awesome, but big fat deal about kids sleeping on the couch. It looks like this family doesn't have a lot of money, mom is working but she's probably close to minimum wage, living in what looks to be a trailer home, with four kids at home on her own. Is it ideal? no. But it's not exactly criminal. Marijuana residue and 1.5 xanax pills? really? Overflowing trash? really? The child left in charge was thirteen, not three. In all honesty I think a little help would go a long way here and CPS has probably damaged the children and family relationships way more than they are going to help.

I am wayyyy more conservative than most people and I think this is ridiculous. Give the woman some help.

A quarter of Logan County's population lives below the poverty line. The county is poor even by West Virginia's standards (I'm from Barbour County originally).

Here is an essay about social and economic conditions in Logan County and the surrounding region.

No offense to anyone, but I have seen FB pages of convicted murderers that make the person seem wholesome and kind. I put almost no stock in someone's FB, as it is a place where anyone can make themselves and their life appear to be any way they choose. MOO

No offense to anyone, but I have seen FB pages of convicted murderers that make the person seem wholesome and kind. I put almost no stock in someone's FB, as it is a place where anyone can make themselves and their life appear to be any way they choose. MOO

Amen!! Social media means nothing. No one is gonna put dirty abused kids on their fb.

I have no sympathy for her, she broke the law and obviously she chose drugs over her kids. No one, not even a dog deserves that.

This is so sad, I have family living one county over :(

Sent from my LG Spirit using Tapatalk 2

ITA. Facebook? Are people kidding?
A person can post anything they want on facebook.

How old must the child be to "babysit"? I think she is possibly behind in the light bill, hence they cut it off. Its a case of poverty and being young and stupid. There's possibly no food, because there's no power. That's just my take on it. The kids look clean, plus they are around others, so they are not being kept away. They are neglected, yes, however it possibly due to lack of funds than wanting to hurt the children.
That's just my take on it :-)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virii98
Back