1231 users online (217 members and 1014 guests)  

Websleuths News

21 Measles Cases Linked to Megachurch in Texas

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/2...texas-20075546

A Texas megachurch linked to at least 21 measles cases has been trying to contain the outbreak by hosting vaccination clinics, officials said Monday.

The outbreak started when a person who contracted measles overseas visited Eagle Mountain International Church in Newark, located about 20 miles north of Fort Worth, Texas. Officials with area health departments said those affected by the outbreak range in age from 4-months to 44-years-old. All of the school-aged children with measles were homeschooled, and majority of those who were infected had not been vaccinated.

More at link......

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Those of us who had it as kids before vaccinations can remember how contagious it is.

Wasn't that one of the 10 plagues of Egypt?

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaliLucia View Post
    Wasn't that one of the 10 plagues of Egypt?

More seriously, This anti-vax "movement" really ticks me off. They obviously have no care for other children they put at risk, so just wait till one of their own precious kids ends up hospitalized with complications, or worse, dies, because of this foolishness. We live in a society, people, vax your kids!
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post

More seriously, This anti-vax "movement" really ticks me off. They obviously have no care for other children they put at risk, so just wait till one of their own precious kids ends up hospitalized with complications, or worse, dies, because of this foolishness. We live in a society, people, vax your kids!
    I know, my thoughts on anti-vaxers is:

You know, if you want to kill yourself, or play Russian Roulette with your own life, fine. But for God's sake, why would you hold a gun to your child and play Russian Roulette with their lives?

And why the heck was someone who was unvaccinated going overseas? Depending on where you are going, it could be very important to be vaccinated against endemic diseases. Herd immunity won't protect you in a place where widespread vaccination is not the norm.

Whoever it was who went overseas and brought back measles apparently was expecting herd immunity to magically protect them like it does in countries with a high enough vaccination rate. D'oh.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metro...ot-as-kids.ece
    Five Tarrant County residents believe they got one shot before they developed the measles this month, Jones said. They include the first person who was infected while traveling in Indonesia, a country where measles is endemic.
    One measles vac as a child is not enough! Check your vaccinations before you travel!
    Last edited by BuzzieCat; 08-27-2013 at 12:39 PM. Reason: add article
    If there is anything worse than the sandwiches, it is the sausages which sit next to them. Joyless tubes, full of gristle, floating in a sea of something hot and sad, stuck with a plastic pin in the shape of a chef’s hat: A memorial, one feels, for some chef who hated the world, and died, forgotten and alone among his cats on a back stair in Stepney. – Douglas Adams

I'm amazed they even let him back in the country if he hasn't been immunized.

Most of the time if you go to a foreign country you need to be immunized or it will be a living hell trying to get back into the states.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaliLucia View Post
    I know, my thoughts on anti-vaxers is:

You know, if you want to kill yourself, or play Russian Roulette with your own life, fine. But for God's sake, why would you hold a gun to your child and play Russian Roulette with their lives?
    I know, it's stupid and so preventable!!! In this modern era, yet we have a couple of friends and a niece who are anti-vax because they are sure it causes autism, even though those studies have been debunked! The two were older mothers- think genetics might have been a factor???
    I insisted my daughter get the Gardasil shot whether its necessary or not. I believe in the power of vaccines!!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie