21 Measles Cases Linked to Megachurch in Texas

Reader

Reaction score
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/21-measles-cases-linked-megachurch-texas-20075546

A Texas megachurch linked to at least 21 measles cases has been trying to contain the outbreak by hosting vaccination clinics, officials said Monday.

The outbreak started when a person who contracted measles overseas visited Eagle Mountain International Church in Newark, located about 20 miles north of Fort Worth, Texas. Officials with area health departments said those affected by the outbreak range in age from 4-months to 44-years-old. All of the school-aged children with measles were homeschooled, and majority of those who were infected had not been vaccinated.

More at link......

Those of us who had it as kids before vaccinations can remember how contagious it is.

Wasn't that one of the 10 plagues of Egypt?

:lol:

More seriously, This anti-vax "movement" really ticks me off. They obviously have no care for other children they put at risk, so just wait till one of their own precious kids ends up hospitalized with complications, or worse, dies, because of this foolishness. We live in a society, people, vax your kids! :furious:

More seriously, This anti-vax "movement" really ticks me off. They obviously have no care for other children they put at risk, so just wait till one of their own precious kids ends up hospitalized with complications, or worse, dies, because of this foolishness. We live in a society, people, vax your kids! :furious:

I know, my thoughts on anti-vaxers is:

You know, if you want to kill yourself, or play Russian Roulette with your own life, fine. But for God's sake, why would you hold a gun to your child and play Russian Roulette with their lives?

And why the heck was someone who was unvaccinated going overseas? Depending on where you are going, it could be very important to be vaccinated against endemic diseases. Herd immunity won't protect you in a place where widespread vaccination is not the norm. :notgood:

Whoever it was who went overseas and brought back measles apparently was expecting herd immunity to magically protect them like it does in countries with a high enough vaccination rate. D'oh.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metr...oses-adults-who-got-just-one-shot-as-kids.ece
Five Tarrant County residents believe they got one shot before they developed the measles this month, Jones said. They include the first person who was infected while traveling in Indonesia, a country where measles is endemic.

One measles vac as a child is not enough! Check your vaccinations before you travel!

I'm amazed they even let him back in the country if he hasn't been immunized.

Most of the time if you go to a foreign country you need to be immunized or it will be a living hell trying to get back into the states.

I know, my thoughts on anti-vaxers is:

You know, if you want to kill yourself, or play Russian Roulette with your own life, fine. But for God's sake, why would you hold a gun to your child and play Russian Roulette with their lives?
I know, it's stupid and so preventable!!! In this modern era, yet we have a couple of friends and a niece who are anti-vax because they are sure it causes autism, even though those studies have been debunked! The two were older mothers- think genetics might have been a factor???
I insisted my daughter get the Gardasil shot whether its necessary or not. I believe in the power of vaccines!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back