Identified! MO - Dixon, Wht/NtvFem UP10222, >35, off Hwy MM, upper denture, May'81 - Karen Knippers

Tulessa

Reaction score
Unidentified Deceased
White Female -
Found near Dixon, Mo.
Body Found: 05-25-1981 - NCIC #: U130026166

Race: White with American
Indian descent
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5’ 3”
Weight: 130
Dental: Full upper denture plate
Scars/Marks/Tattoos:
Injuries: Victim had been
beaten on the head and face
On May 25, 1981, the body of an unidentified, deceased white female was
recovered from a low water crossing off Highway MM north of Dixon, Mo.
The victim is possibly of American Indian descent. She was wearing a dark
blue, long-sleeved blouse with white pinstripes, brand name Try 1; blue
jeans, brand name In Gear; blue bikini panties; and a bra with Jubel or Julie
written inside the bra in magic marker. No shoes were located

Missouri State Highway Patrol - Troop I
1-573-368-2221

Please help bring this loved one home. Mods, if this has been posted, please merge.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10222

http://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MS...uments/UnidentifiedWhiteFemaleDixonMo_000.pdf

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10222

Looks older than 35

I know that she was found on Monday, May 25, 1981, which happened to be Memorial Day. The location is a low water crossing on a road that is NOT on the "beaten path" and that there was a graduation party there the night before. None of the graduates/party goers seen the body or recognized it. As I understand, LE actually laid the body out and had those who attended the party file by to view the body to try to identify.

The body was found by a local man and a friend (friend from Oklahoma) while they were in the creek bed getting gravel. They seen a hand sticking out of a culvert and went to investigate. Upon seeing the body, they called LE.

This location is roughly 35 miles from Ft. Leonard Wood military base.

I'm trying to think of reasons for the name on her bra...

1. Maybe she frequented a laundry mat where it made since to put your name on your garments
2. Maybe it was a hand-me-down and already had someone else's name written in it
3. I really don't want to sound culturally insensitive. I'm just culturally unaware. Would there be any reason for someone to write their name on their clothes if they were living on a Native American reservation?

Judie Kay Lowery Munguia was supposedly last seen three days *after* this UID was found, but the name and stats match up. No word on dentures and I don't think she resembles the PM or sketch, although it's hard to say for sure with all that swelling.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/551dftx.html

I know that soldiers write their names in their clothes if they live in barracks. I should say, it's a common practice. But, she was never identified as someone who was AWOL.

One other note about Judie: She isn't listed as being Native American, but a quick genealogy search shows that her father (now deceased) was born in the Choctaw Nation of OK. I don't know if that means that he has Native American ancestry, though. Her sister is alive and searching for her.

Judie Kay Lowery Munguia was supposedly last seen three days *after* this UID was found, but the name and stats match up. No word on dentures and I don't think she resembles the PM or sketch, although it's hard to say for sure with all that swelling.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/551dftx.html

Judie Kay Lowery Munguia
Missing since May 28, 1981 from Odessa, Ector County, Texas.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: December 30, 1948
Age at Time of Disappearance: 33 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 150 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Black hair; hazel eyes.
Distinguishing Characteristics: She has a scar on her left leg between her knee and ankle.

One other note about Judie: She isn't listed as being Native American, but a quick genealogy search shows that her father (now deceased) was born in the Choctaw Nation of OK. I don't know if that means that he has Native American ancestry, though. Her sister is alive and searching for her.

I list myself as Caucasian, even though mom was full and dad was 1/2. I could draw a check if I desire to do so, but I didn't walk the trail of tears, so it's a personal thing with me.

There are databases of Choctaw families with the Scleroderma Registery that might be checked. Scleroderma is most prevalent per-cap wiht Choctaw, in the world. Scleroderma originated with either 12 or 15 families back in the 1800s. It is late and I am not feeling well enough to go through my files to find certain contact info. Over hte weekend I hope to be able to do so.

I'm trying to think of reasons for the name on her bra...

In group homes and nursing homes, names are written on "common" clothing that tends to get mixed up with other peoples; bras, underwear, sometimes socks.

Judie Kay Lowery Munguia
Missing since May 28, 1981 from Odessa, Ector County, Texas.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: December 30, 1948
Age at Time of Disappearance: 33 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 150 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Black hair; hazel eyes.
Distinguishing Characteristics: She has a scar on her left leg between her knee and ankle.

I've looked at Judie several times, but a few things don't fit:
She disappeared 3 days after "Jane" was found
The scar on her leg is not mentioned in "Jane's" profile.

There are databases of Choctaw families with the Scleroderma Registery that might be checked. Scleroderma is most prevalent per-cap wiht Choctaw, in the world. Scleroderma originated with either 12 or 15 families back in the 1800s. It is late and I am not feeling well enough to go through my files to find certain contact info. Over hte weekend I hope to be able to do so.

Oh, that would be great! I hope you get time to do so!

I've looked at Judie several times, but a few things don't fit:
She disappeared 3 days after "Jane" was found
The scar on her leg is not mentioned in "Jane's" profile.

Agreed. Also, I just don't think she looks like the morgue photo, but I felt I would be remiss not to at least mention her!

Beatrice was 27 in 1976, so the age would be right (35 "isn" in 1981). Her height is right. She could have lost 60 lbs in 5 years, especially if she was a runaway or abducted or something along those lines.

The only thing is, Jane Doe had a full upper denture. Runaways and abducted people don't often have access to dental care, I wouldn't think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back