1209 users online (205 members and 1004 guests)  

Websleuths News

TN - Grand jury charges day care worker with rape

A LaVergne day care worker has been indicted by a grand jury on charges of child rape and aggravated child abuse of a 16-month-old girl in her care.

Police say Amy Sisco, 28, assaulted the toddler Dec. 21 at Tots' Landing day care when the child resisted having her diaper changed.

http://www.wsmv.com/Global/story.asp...7&nav=1TcRYcUq
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Well that's just a nasty story. Whatever was that woman thinking?
    And that poor baby girl ... to need surgery.

Ok...this one takes me over the top (I agree golfmom )

I really think they need to do psychological testing on day care workers...I worked in a day care once, for 3 weeks. The pay was minimum wage..I quit because it wasn't worth it...put me under too much stress. After working there I NEVER put my child in day care..I saw the people they hired, and while many of them may not have had a criminal record I had to wonder about stability with some of them...then to be put under the stress of handling so many children...sends them over the top.
    When the children cry let them know we tried 'Cause when the the children sing then the new world begins

Lady, my youngest son was the only one that went to *daycare*. I loved the program I found for him. It was a local college that set up a daycare as a lab for the students who were majoring in childcare / teaching fields. I felt very fortunate that I was able to find such a wonderful program for my son.

Oh, golfmom, I am sure there are excellent daycare programs...I hope you don't think I was implying there wasn't or putting down anyone who did/does use one because I KNOW they are needed

I did put my oldest in a "preschool" program once after thoroughly checking it out...but some of them need to be shut down or reformed...day care workers shouldn't come from the bottom of the barrel
    When the children cry let them know we tried 'Cause when the the children sing then the new world begins

Quote Originally Posted by lady-eowyn
    Oh, golfmom, I am sure there are excellent daycare programs...I hope you don't think I was implying there wasn't or putting down anyone who did/does use one because I KNOW they are needed

I did put my oldest in a "preschool" program once after thoroughly checking it out...but some of them need to be shut down or reformed...day care workers shouldn't come from the bottom of the barrel
    I know Lady ... I didn't think you were implying that!

Really, teachers & daycare providers help our country produce it's most valuable commodity. Which leaves me confused as to why all these perverts seem to be able to slip so easily through the cracks!

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    I know Lady ... I didn't think you were implying that!

Really, teachers & daycare providers help our country produce it's most valuable commodity. Which leaves me confused as to why all these perverts seem to be able to slip so easily through the cracks!
    LOW PAY!!! teaching and child care =hard work,long hours and very low pay!!

Just all those nursing home CNA's who arent fit to watch paint dry let alone care for the vulnerable elderly.

We put such a low value on these jobs that qualified people wont take them .

Good childcare is hard to find and when you do its EXPENSIVE.
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

If I took my child to a day care center and there was a woman there that looked like that,I wouldn't be leaving my child there.She is a real sicko,that poor baby.

I worked at a daycare for four years, and while i saw a great deal of love and nurturing in the younger age rooms (I taught three year old) I also saw abuse. Where I worked, it was a very small town located in Alabama, and it was also a church daycare which is exempt from many of the licensing regulations.

Keeping in mind this was a bible belt southern Baptist daycare, I have to stress the majority of employees were supporters of spankings. This was also a daycare in an affluent beach community, and was regarded as one of the best in the county.

What I noted, was preferental treatment for some children, and abusive situations for others. I will never forget this little boy who his teacher nicknamed 'Festus' after the relative in the Addams family, because the child had the misfortunate of being bald and with quite a large head. This teacher was very well liked by staff and parents alike, but for some reason this child got on her nerves. Since he was around a year old and could not talk, her way of correcting him was to grab his earlobe and twist. When the child was being corrected, his hand would automatically protect his ear.

I could come up with some other stories of course, but I hate to rattle on