998 users online (188 members and 810 guests)  

Websleuths News

Canada - Mother charged with attempted murder of 11-year-old, Toronto

CTV Toronto

Published Friday, August 30, 2013 7:01AM EDT
    Last Updated Friday, August 30, 2013 10:33PM EDT

A mother in Toronto has been charged with attempted murder after her 11-year-old son suffered life-threatening injuries in a west-end apartment.

Toronto police Const. Victor Kwong told reporters Friday afternoon that the mother, 32, faces three charges including attempted murder, aggravated assault and failing to provide the necessities of life.

Kwong said police will not be releasing the suspectís name in an effort to protect the identity of the young victim.

He added that according to the last update he was given, the boy remains in hospital in critical and life-threatening condition.

The boy was found with severe head injuries in an apartment unit in the cityís west end early Friday morning.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/toronto...-boy-1.1433265

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    One building resident said the mother appeared intoxicated as she sat in the back of a police cruiser following her arrest.

“She was in the back of the cruiser and she was blowing kisses and she was smiling,” the resident told reporters

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/toronto...#ixzz2dWH6mXjm

wow - send her away for life

west of Middle of Nowhere Missouri
    The witnesses' description of the "mother's" behavior just disgusts me. I have to imagine she used some sort of weapon to beat this child, as my son at that age was as big as me, but more athletic, he could have overpowered me easily. This poor boy, I will be praying for his recovery both emotionally and physically. I cant imagine the damage this crazed woman inflicted on her supposed to be beloved boy. I could never harm any child, but cant fathom what happens in a mothers mind when she harms her own, its against every fiber of a "normal" mothers being.

I know this isn't the important part of the story, but - if they want to protect the identity of the child, why do they give his address, including the apartment number? I really can't see it taking a lot of time or brains to figure out what 11 year old with a 32 year old mother lives in *apartment number* at *street address*. MOO
    Every murderer is someone's old friend ... Agatha Christie

"The lawyer for the mother said she asked that he take religious jewelry to her son at the hospital. The mother cannot be named to protect the identity of the victim.

"She has a couple of religious bracelets or necklaces that she wanted me to get down to the hospital to give to him or put on him," Gordon Goldman said."

Yeah, ok mom.