GUILTY UK - Rolf Harris for molesting underage girls, child *advertiser censored*, 2013

Mrs G Norris

Reaction score
HE has been dubbed the Wizard of Oz, one of the nation's legendary entertainers. But Rolf Harris's dream is turning to nightmare.

On Thursday the Perth-born octogenarian, a favourite of the Queen and the late prime minister Margaret Thatcher, was charged with sex offences against two under-age girls.

The man renowned for his large daubed paintings faces six counts of indecent assault of a girl, 15, in 1980-81 and three of a girl, 14, in 1986. He is also accused of making indecent images of a child between March and July last year.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...-under-age-girls/story-fni0fit3-1226707888768

Oh My!

I remember "Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport"...

What a disappointing shock to hear of these allegations!

Isn't there a UK "beloved" child's entertainer that was brought into the "spotlight" recently for molestation of children?

:no:

I've met Rolf, what's more I met him as a vulnerable young girl, and he was exactly as charming and gracious and grandfatherly as he appears.

I for one support him 100% and think he will be found not guilty, if he ever gets to trial that is.

He was in a position to take advantage of me at a very vulnerable time and he was an absolute gentleman.

:twocents:

This Operation Yewtree sounds pretty much like a witch hunt. They have just dropped all charges against Jim Davidson, who like Rolf was arrested twice with several allegations. Most people don't even know they were dropped, the press paid far less attention to that than they did the scurrilous part.

They ruined his life for 9 months and we all know **** sticks.

I sincerely hope they have some hard and fast evidence before they go hounding a national treasure.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/aug/21/jim-davidson-no-further-action

Oh My!

I remember "Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport"...

What a disappointing shock to hear of these allegations!

Isn't there a UK "beloved" child's entertainer that was brought into the "spotlight" recently for molestation of children?

:no:

Yes, it's all from the same investigation the one into Jimmy Saville.

Here is a doco on the Jimmy Savile case and shows some of the investigation. [video=youtube;AwaT-mfqJpo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwaT-mfqJpo[/video]

After seeing one of the victims claiming RH molested her interviewed last night, I 100% believe her. I will be very surprised if she is making it up. Her emotion came across as very real, and very indicative of someone who has been through what she claims to have been through.

Basically, her claim is that he touched her inappropriately on two occasions on the same day. Happened very quickly, she described it in quite graphic detail (I'm not going to repeat it here). The way she described him as behaving 'normal' after (it all happened extremely quickly and caught her unawares) is very believable.

I wish so much for it to not be true, but I think he did it. There is another girl who claims to have been abused in the 80's and there are also charges related to images from last year -these were probably found when they were investigating him for the other charges.

Here is an interview with one of the victims, is this the same one Strangeworld?
[video=youtube;Iy1OS0tKDyw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy1OS0tKDyw[/video]

After seeing one of the victims claiming RH molested her interviewed last night, I 100% believe her. I will be very surprised if she is making it up. Her emotion came across as very real, and very indicative of someone who has been through what she claims to have been through.

Basically, her claim is that he touched her inappropriately on two occasions on the same day. Happened very quickly, she described it in quite graphic detail (I'm not going to repeat it here). The way she described him as behaving 'normal' after (it all happened extremely quickly and caught her unawares) is very believable.

I wish so much for it to not be true, but I think he did it. There is another girl who claims to have been abused in the 80's and there are also charges related to images from last year -these were probably found when they were investigating him for the other charges.

Yep, but I believe every Ryan Gosling performance too.

The first question to be asked is, what victim goes on A Current Affair with her allegations, before even a trial? Did she get paid?

If Rolf is a child molester, he seems to be a very timid one.

"Touching"? So quickly she barely noticed it?

How bizarre. Most offenders I know of isolate their victims one way or another, then go on to satisfy themselves at leisure.

Also, don't most offenders have a trail of victims? Rolf has been in close contact with children for decades. There should be a bit more than a couple of women saying "he quickly touched my rude bits", surely?

No, I think I'll wait until the poor old guy is found guilty in a court, before I go believing some publicity seeking accuser.

:banghead:

Yes, she did get paid. I definitely believe her interview though, it is exactly what happens. She is very credible IMO, and don't forget there are other charges to go with this one including images he has created. I would say these charges have some weight, but I guess we'll have to see what comes out in regards to evidence, and even if there is a trial.

Yep, but I believe every Ryan Gosling performance too.

The first question to be asked is, what victim goes on A Current Affair with her allegations, before even a trial? Did she get paid?

If Rolf is a child molester, he seems to be a very timid one.

"Touching"? So quickly she barely noticed it?

How bizarre. Most offenders I know of isolate their victims one way or another, then go on to satisfy themselves at leisure.

Also, don't most offenders have a trail of victims? Rolf has been in close contact with children for decades. There should be a bit more than a couple of women saying "he quickly touched my rude bits", surely?

No, I think I'll wait until the poor old guy is found guilty in a court, before I go believing some publicity seeking accuser.

:banghead:

Please watch the whole interview. She explains what happened in great detail. I was a victim of a very similar type of abuse as a child by an older relative, this is EXACTLY how he was with me too, right down to waiting outside the bathroom door. Of course wait until you have seen all the evidence and can have a look for yourself, I completely understand, but to be harsh towards the victim and imply it wasn't a real assault does upset those of us who have gone through exactly what she has. :twocents:

The description is very familiar to anyone who has been groped or otherwise abused in certain ways. When I was a teenager it happened to me THREE times, and it always happenened as she described - quickly, victim taken off guard, and the perpetrator acts afterwards like nothing even happened. They rely on the shock of the victim, and the conditioning that young people (especially girls, and especially in earlier years) have had to not speak up, not make waves, not question adults, the fact that shame and embarrassment will keep the person quiet.

In fact one of the times it happened to me, I was unsure as to whether what happened had actually happened. It WAS fast. Perhaps it was an accident? This was an older man, he was also LE. But suddenly one teen came forward publicly, then another, then another, and all the incidences were exactly the same as each other, and the same as what happened to me. So I added my voice too.

(Ill be glad to verify this via PM, btw. I'm obviously leaving out details here so as to avoid TMI, but did want To add a voice of support that abuse CAN happen in this way).

There were others who also spoke up, saying this dude never did anything to them when they were in that situation. But that's to be expected. Victimizers don't do it to everyone. And that's part of what makes it hard for others to accept it, and hard for those victimized to speak up.

SS, I'm sorry that someone you know and obviously have a good opinion of is involved in such a thing. I know many people who, when the Boston archdiocese was initially going through the big pedophilia scandal, were just utterly shaken by charges leveled against priests they knew and trusted. Priests who were kind and generous to them. It's shattering.

But a thorough investigation should get at the truth. If Rolf is not guilty, then that should come to light.

She may well have been a victim, lots of girls are.

But was she a victim of Rolf Harris?

Jury's still out on that...

Oh and btw, I have met some absolute liars in my life. People who could break your heart with their tales of suffering, if only they were true.

Rolf is over 80. That's 60 years of potential victims. I would imagine there to be a veritable queue of accusers, some within the last couple of years even, we all know rockspiders don't quit.

Where are they?

The description is very familiar to anyone who has been groped or otherwise abused in certain ways. When I was a teenager it happened to me THREE times, and it always happenened as she described - quickly, victim taken off guard, and the perpetrator acts afterwards like nothing even happened. They rely on the shock of the victim, and the conditioning that young people (especially girls, and especially in earlier years) have had to not speak up, not make waves, not question adults, the fact that shame and embarrassment will keep the person quiet.

In fact one of the times it happened to me, I was unsure as to whether what happened had actually happened. It WAS fast. Perhaps it was an accident? This was an older man, he was also LE. But suddenly one teen came forward publicly, then another, then another, and all the incidences were exactly the same as each other, and the same as what happened to me. So I added my voice too.

(Ill be glad to verify this via PM, btw. I'm obviously leaving out details here so as to avoid TMI, but did want To add a voice of support that abuse CAN happen in this way).

There were others who also spoke up, saying this dude never did anything to them when they were in that situation. But that's to be expected. Victimizers don't do it to everyone. And that's part of what makes it hard for others to accept it, and hard for those victimized to speak up.

SS, I'm sorry that someone you know and obviously have a good opinion of is involved in such a thing. I know many people who, when the Boston archdiocese was initially going through the big pedophilia scandal, were just utterly shaken by charges leveled against priests they knew and trusted. Priests who were kind and generous to them. It's shattering.

But a thorough investigation should get at the truth. If Rolf is not guilty, then that should come to light.

Look what they did to Jim Davidson.

Exactly the same. Accusation, publicity, smearing - then the case was dropped.

I wonder what LE think of their prize witness crying on prime time tv?

:dunno:

These cases - since they're not in the U.S. they're difficult for us here to reckon with. But in my case I think it's instructive that, while I may think Rolf Harris probably guilty, I, if the DJ John Peel - a personal hero about whom various claims after his death have been made - were still alive and possibly subject to charges, would have defended him without thought, just on a "those were different times" basis. And that is neither a strong nor a moral defense. We tend to like and support those who we have liked and supported.

These cases - since they're not in the U.S. they're difficult for us here to fathom. But I think it's instructive that, while I may think Rolf Harris probably guilty, I would have, if the late BBC DJ John Peel - a personal hero about whom various claims have been made - were still alive and possibly subject to charges, defended him without thought.

I'm not defending Rolf without a thought though. It's not the way my brain works.

He could have been a kiddy fiddler for decades for all I know.

My problem is, an alleged victim of a crime making public allegations before trial, and getting paid to do so.

If that's all it takes to incriminate, none of us are safe.

:scared:

I'm not defending Rolf without a thought though. It's not the way my brain works.

He could have been a kiddy fiddler for decades for all I know.

My problem is, an alleged victim of a crime making public allegations before trial, and getting paid to do so.

If that's all it takes to incriminate, none of us are safe.

:scared:
Not saying you were. I, however, would have defended Peel without much thought, and that worries me. About me.

True Sapphire Steel, an accusation is not enough to assume guilt. I do believe her though, so I guess I am assuming it hey? Look forward to seeing what evidence is out there, and in particular to the four images mentioned. Want to see what they were EXACTLY. Paintings?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back