1263 users online (298 members and 965 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

School District offers Family Thousands to keep Autistic student out of school.

"You are free to choose, You are not free from the consequences of your choices."

I'm sorry you're going through this. I have a nephew who is autistic and we don't know yet how he is going to do in school. He is starting this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by MissJ View Post
    I'm sorry you're going through this. I have a nephew who is autistic and we don't know yet how he is going to do in school. He is starting this fall.
    Many other schools understand how important education and services are at a young age. I hope and pray your nephew has such a school district. Thank you.
    "You are free to choose, You are not free from the consequences of your choices."

I'm so sorry you and your son are being put through this,if it was me I'd take them for all they had AND have my son reinstated into the school.
    The discrimination here is absolutely appalling,you cannot refuse anyone the right to about education based on a physical or mental disability... that's basically the same as refusing someone education based on their sexual orientation or race and you can bet your bottom dollar they wouldn't even think of doing something like that so what is the difference here.

Sorry for the rant but this has annoyed me,I have a few friends who have autistic children,who aren't of school age yet but it makes me worry for their future

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.

Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

Sentence - LIFE Without Parole

It seems to be an increase in discrimination and bad attitudes towards autistic people.

Sometimes I feel our socity is going backwards. Too much talk about acceptance and tolerance, but it's just fine talk. Actions are not in alignment with those words.

Quote Originally Posted by josie1986 View Post

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus
    Off topic, but Giiiirl - you are funny!!
    Last edited by Kimster; 09-01-2013 at 02:41 AM. Reason: repaired quote

Why are they offering the money to begin with, surely there are other autistic children in the district, can David be in a classroom environment safely, are the other children safe?

MaHouston, I think you are very brave and devoted to your son. Thank you so much for sharing your story!
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie09 View Post
    Why are they offering the money to begin with, surely there are other autistic children in the district, can David be in a classroom environment safely, are the other children safe?
    It's their attempt to buy a "blanket release" relieving them of all any claims. He's a very kind, compliant student. His teacher force-fed him a year ago until he vomited to cure him of his food sensory issues. Instead of removing the teacher, they moved him into another Special Day class with a teacher of adult classmates. He attended this class last year. When I sent him with his 1:1 nurse that's been his nurse for 5 years they said, no, neither of you can be here. Two weeks later I get the 86,000 offer to never bring him.... A bribe to hush up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahouston69 View Post
    It's their attempt to buy a "blanket release" relieving them of all any claims. He's a very kind, compliant student. His teacher force-fed him a year ago until he vomited to cure him of his food sensory issues. Instead of removing the teacher, they moved him into another Special Day class with a teacher of adult classmates. He attended this class last year. When I sent him with his 1:1 nurse that's been his nurse for 5 years they said, no, neither of you can be here. Two weeks later I get the 86,000 offer to never bring him.... A bribe to hush up.
    What a mess, I wish you well in the education you seek for your son!

OMG-I dont know what to say to that...I dont know what to write.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Obviously, the biggest victim here is David. But what of the other children? Aren't they being robbed of the opportunity to learn to interact with someone who is different?

Quite frankly, that's the primary function of public schools. Otherwise, everyone could just home school.

I was going to ask D's age and read the comments from the link. He's 21 and entitled by law to receive this last year of education.

I am not sure even what to say.
    Is there any reason they say they don't want him on the campus? Why they are doing this? Not that there is any good reason I am just curious if they claim some kind of hardship or whatever.

You are doing a good job mama.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

What will you do with him when he ages out?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast