PA - Four Men Beat WAWA Worker

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Barbara Zimath beloved by customers attacked on her way to work.

She took the same trek to the Route 15 bus she has taken the last 12 years for her early morning shift to Wawa. This time two thugs jumped out of their car as she spoke to her husband on the phone and waited for her bus and beat her so badly they knocked out her teeth and broke a bone above her gumline.

Neighbors from Port Richmond and Fishtown are furious their beloved Wawa worker has been hurt, and vow to help her.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20130901_Wawa_worker_grateful_for_support_after_brutal_attack.html

Creeps used her credit card to get gas at BP at 5th and Lehigh. Two Hispanic males in their 20's while two waited in the car.

This is digusting, and these attacks have got to stop - if only we knew how.

Port Richmond... ugh.. It is a shame. The city is just turning into a cesspool.

I think there is more to this story. I would be interested in finding out more about that neighborhood and the victim. This doesn't seem like the motive was simple robbery, seems like something else is going on. <modsnip>.

Why not? Her card was used a few hours later so I hope they get video.

Why not? Her card was used a few hours later so I hope they get video.

For starters you have four men in a truck that set out to rob someone, why choose a victim waiting at a bus stop? Common sense says they won't have a lot of money, if you are willing to risk doing time for assault and robbery and you are driving around in a truck choose a victim that may have MONEY!

I think the robbery was secondary and they targeted her for another reason IF the descriptions of the perps are accurate, plus they didn't just rob her they beat the heck out of her.

For starters you have four men in a truck that set out to rob someone, why choose a victim waiting at a bus stop? Common sense says they won't have a lot of money, if you are willing to risk doing time for assault and robbery and you are driving around in a truck choose a victim that may have MONEY!

I think the robbery was secondary and they targeted her for another reason.

It's in North Philadelphia. Not everyone has a car or there is one per family because there is no where to park but on the street if you can find a spot to park. I lived in North Philly for a year in the late 50's and even though we had a car we pretty much walked or rode public transportation if we were going somewhere. Nothing unusual at all.

It's in North Philadelphia. Not everyone has a car or there is one per family because there is no where to park but on the street if you can find a spot to park. I lived in North Philly for a year in the late 50's and even though we had a car we pretty much walked or rode public transportation if we were going somewhere. Nothing unusual at all.

Ahhh...okay. I forget in some big cities public transportation is widely used.

Still something just seems off about this, 4 Hispanic males beat the heck out of a random woman at a bus stop for her wallet? That is highly unusual and I think there is more to the story.

It is a shame. The city is just turning into a cesspool.

The sad thing is the gentrified areas aren't. Just the other way around. Those homes in NOLIBS and Fishtown are a fortune. My DD is much safer where she is in her cushy world than she ever was up where I'm at.

This poor woman. That bus stop is shady anyway. JMO Plus all the work they are doing getting ready for Steve Wynn taking over it's a mess of construction. Another ball of wax as alot of the people in Fishtown aren't happy with what he's doing.

Not in relation to this dear woman, but I've come to calling it allllllll PortFishington because everybody fights over boundaries. What it is not is Kensington.:seeya:

I'm in a cesspool or close to it.:banghead:

I think the robbery was secondary and they targeted her for another reason IF the descriptions of the perps are accurate, plus they didn't just rob her they beat the heck out of her.

Car not a truck. The bus was explained. I have Professional family and friends who have been all around the world who live in the city and don't have a car. The woman was on a cell phone. Point blank they'll beat you down just for a cell phone. The purse went with it.

Some people don't worry about any time. They just do not care. They used her credit card for gas at 5th and Lehigh. They may have been high on wet or needed dope money or crack money. They got $30.00. If they're addicts that's three bags of heroin or six bags of crack. Count in the phone. Considering they waited to use a da*n credit card for gas where there's cameras I'm going with drugs.

What would be the motive? The woman works her tail off every single day at a Wawa for heaven sakes. Why wouldn't she get the description right if even saying they are Hispanic? She's from here. We might not get a car correct, but we can tell one from a truck and we could tell you who is Caucasian, black or Hispanic. This lady deals with people all day long from the neighborhoods and probably lived there her entire life. I'd bet she got it right even through all that trauma.

Go to 5th and Lehigh and tell me then that somebody may not beat the life out of you for a cell phone.

Twelve years in at Wawa? The poor woman IMO was beaten just for the fact she was there and they robbed her, and knocked her teeth out.

I would be interested in finding out more about that neighborhood and the victim.

Oh the neighbors would tell you alright. In her neighborhood that is. Her hundreds of customers would tell as some already did in the article that's she's a fine woman.

Go to where they used that credit card and they will see you coming, and hopefully get out of there alive if you asked any questions besides where the best dope is, and even that's one too many questions.

What would be the motive? The woman works her tail off every single day at a Wawa for heaven sakes. Why wouldn't she get the description right if even saying they are Hispanic? She's from here. We might not get a car correct, but we can tell one from a truck and we could tell you who is Caucasian, black or Hispanic. This lady deals with people all day long from the neighborhoods and probably lived there her entire life. I'd bet she got it right even through all that trauma.

I am not questioning the woman's account, I said if that is accurate I think other factors may be at play.

<modsnip>

The area is getting worse everyday. Port Richmond stuff is starting to expand back into Mayfair and the crime is getting worse.

That road makes it easy to attack some one and get away.

These news stories could be fill-in-the-blank. Add names, ages, street & extent of injuries. The rest of the story is a jumped someone who seemed vulnerable (alone, old, young, infirm), shot or beat the victim with (fists, flashlight, bat, stick), robbed them for (drug money, a "team" sweatshirt, potato chips, the hell of it) yadayadayada.

MOO: The bottom line is some creep wants money or whatever but not enough to get off his own azz & work for it.

People like Mrs Zimath, Mr Shorty, Sherry West are attacked, beaten, shot because they are in the wrong place at the wrong time. No. I take that back!; each of those people had all the right in the world to be where they were & doing what they were doing!!!! Out before daylight going to work, waiting in the parking lot to walk a lady-friend into the building, strolling a baby to the post office..... Sickening!

The sad thing is the gentrified areas aren't. Just the other way around. Those homes in NOLIBS and Fishtown are a fortune. My DD is much safer where she is in her cushy world than she ever was up where I'm at.

This poor woman. That bus stop is shady anyway. JMO Plus all the work they are doing getting ready for Steve Wynn taking over it's a mess of construction. Another ball of wax as alot of the people in Fishtown aren't happy with what he's doing.

Not in relation to this dear woman, but I've come to calling it allllllll PortFishington because everybody fights over boundaries. What it is not is Kensington.:seeya:

I'm in a cesspool or close to it.:banghead:

BBM - ya'll come on up by me - it don't smell good, but we're still circling the bowl, not in the cesspit just yet.

It wasn't just about the money. They wanted to inflict violence on a person. In the article linked in the OP, she was on the phone with her husband when she was attacked and he is quoted as saying that he heard her telling them to take her money, take whatever they wanted. The violence was completely unnecessary. Sometimes, it seems to be the significant motivating factor for thugs like this. They want to viciously hurt someone, the robbery is just a "bonus" for them. JMO, OMO, MOO.

What exactly is 'WAWA'? Is it a store chain? We're not all in PA and I'd like some clarity, thanks.

What exactly is 'WAWA'? Is it a store chain? We're not all in PA and I'd like some clarity, thanks.

They are like a 7-11 except they have a take-out food service there and they make the best hoagies. WAWA's are in NJ, Delaware, Virginia and some states further down south. They make good pre-sweetened ice coffees, too.

They are like a 7-11 except they have a take-out food service there and they make the best hoagies. WAWA's are in NJ, Delaware, Virginia and some states further down south. They make good pre-sweetened ice coffees, too.

Right, Lamb.......and Wawa's sell fresh cut flower bouquets.

Love Wawa's!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back