CT - Family: Suicide of Greenwich HS student Bart Palosz linked to bullying, 2013 *Family sues BOE*

OMG...the comments under that article. That poor boy and how he suffered bullying even over his depression/suicidal thoughts!. imo

Family: Suicide of Greenwich High School student Bart Palosz linked to bullying
http://connecticut.news12.com/news/...dent-bart-palosz-linked-to-bullying-1.5972981

Terrible, a teenager committed suicide because of bullying. I bet bullies grow up to be criminals like rapists, mass murderers, terrorists, and dictators. :stormingmad:

Actually, the worst bully in my High School went on to become a CEO of an internet based company. I'm sure he used his bullying skills to advance his business career. Same skill set.

I found this interesting as far as the mindset of bullies.

http://today.ucla.edu/portal/ut/bullying-jaana-juvonen-233108.aspx

ETA: I don't have any sympathy for bullies but something needs to be done about the environment that contributes to this and allows it to flourish. I remember once in 5th grade, one boy was mercilessly picked on for no reason by the "popular kids". I had just transferred in and it was my second week in the class and was definitely not popular but wasn't picked on either or involved in the bullying other than witnessing it. Anyway, the teacher sent him out of the room on an errand, and proceeded to tear the class as a whole a new one, stating that bullying was not tolerated and it was going to stop, that instant, today. And it did. Other kids were picked on in junior high but not one teacher did anything about it. Teacher's need to take a firm hand with this. They see it, they know about it, and often, they do nothing.

Actually, the worst bully in my High School went on to become a CEO of an internet based company. I'm sure he used his bullying skills to advance his business career. Same skill set.

You never know. He could be swindling investors. Think Bernie Madoff or R. Allen Stanford.

Study Links Adolescent Bullies to Criminal Behavior Later
http://www.utdallas.edu/news/2013/5...Bullies-to-Criminal-Behavio_article-wide.html

Prevent Bullies Before They Become Prisoners - 60% of Bullies Have 1 Conviction by Age 24
http://ezinearticles.com/?Prevent-B...ullies-Have-1-Conviction-by-Age-24&id=1447882

I found this interesting as far as the mindset of bullies.

http://today.ucla.edu/portal/ut/bullying-jaana-juvonen-233108.aspx

ETA: I don't have any sympathy for bullies but something needs to be done about the environment that contributes to this and allows it to flourish. I remember once in 5th grade, one boy was mercilessly picked on for no reason by the "popular kids". I had just transferred in and it was my second week in the class and was definitely not popular but wasn't picked on either or involved in the bullying other than witnessing it. Anyway, the teacher sent him out of the room on an errand, and proceeded to tear the class as a whole a new one, stating that bullying was not tolerated and it was going to stop, that instant, today. And it did. Other kids were picked on in junior high but not one teacher did anything about it. Teacher's need to take a firm hand with this. They see it, they know about it, and often, they do nothing.

And, shockingly, they sometimes encourage it and take part. That happened to me when I transferred into a small town high school in my Sophomore year. A lot of the teachers had lived in the same town with these kids all their lives and joined in with the ridicule, I think because they identified with them in some sick way.

And, shockingly, they sometimes encourage it and take part. That happened to me when I transferred into a small town high school in my Sophomore year. A lot of the teachers had lived in the same town with these kids all their lives and joined in with the ridicule, I think because they identified with them in some sick way.

Teacher engaging in bullying is really disturbing because it is an adult and no one expect that to happen.

Family: Suicide of Greenwich High School student Bart Palosz linked to bullying
http://connecticut.news12.com/news/...dent-bart-palosz-linked-to-bullying-1.5972981

Terrible, a teenager committed suicide because of bullying. I bet bullies grow up to be criminals like rapists, mass murderers, terrorists, and dictators. :stormingmad:

Not true. They grow up to be government leaders, military heros, sports icons, and religious leaders as well.

In most cases where there is "bullying" the victim has some feature about them that makes them generally socially unacceptable. Schools are like the wild west in the sense that you get a bunch of kids together with little social experience who then get to make up their own rules about what is considered socially acceptable behaviour. Of course that degenerates into a Lord of the Flies type scenario where base human nature is first and foremost. Once those kids get out of school and into the broader adult world that sort of thing is much less tolerated, so it is muted. So, the "bullies" end up going on to normal lives, they are probably among your neighbors and friends and you don't have a clue. The are not psychopaths, they are human beings who for a while lived in an unstructured environment. It is expected and normal, and it WILL continue as long as we have schools and education systems structured the way they are now.

Does anyone know how to get a Facebook page removed? Someone has hacked into RIP Bart Palosz Facebook and said some horrible things and out of respect for the family and the victim, should be removed

How sad :( thoughts to Bart's family and friends. Another life taken due to bullying :(

Does anyone know how to get a Facebook page removed? Someone has hacked into RIP Bart Palosz Facebook and said some horrible things and out of respect for the family and the victim, should be removed

I can't find it anywhere? maybe it's been removed already, hopefully

Lawsuit over bullying against Greenwich School District could go to trial in June 2022

Acting as the administrators of his estate, the family of Bart Palosz, who died by suicide at the age of 15 in 2013, sued the Greenwich Board of Education in August 2015, claiming the district failed to protect him and ensure that anti-bullying policies were followed.

Now, the lawyers on both sides of the Bart Palosz lawsuit have moved to modify the schedule in state Superior Court, proposing that the trial date be moved to next summer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back