David Frost, veteran British broadcaster, dies at 74

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/01/showbiz/david-frost-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) -- Veteran British broadcaster David Frost, best known for his series of interviews with disgraced U.S. President Richard Nixon, has died. He was 74.

His death was reported by the BBC, which aired many of his shows, and by Al Jazeera English, where he also worked.

The BBC published a statement from Frost's family asking for privacy "at this difficult time." The family said Frost spent Saturday evening giving a speech on a cruise ship, where he suffered a heart attack. He's survived by his wife of 30 years and three children..........more...........

I remember Frost firstly from the mid-'60s show transported here from the UK, "That Was the Week That Was." It set the stage for "Laugh-In" a bit later, another show based on comedy bits, music, and current events. Frost served as compere on the show and made me laugh many times when I was young.

David Frost was hooked to the wonderful "Beyond the Fringe" crowd - a stage show featuring Peter Cook, Dr. Jonathan Miller, the playwright Allen Bennett, and Dudley Moore - in England. Less talented (and funny) then those, he nevertheless kept pushing, pushing, and eventually became the most famous (along perhaps with Dudley Moore) of them. (Peter Cook has said, only half-jokingly, that saving Frost's life - he once rescued him from drowning - was the worst thng he'd ever done in his life; Frost tended to take advantage of his associates on his own climb to fame).

Rest in peace Sir David Frost.

Veteran broadcaster Sir David Frost dies at 74 after suffering heart attack on board cruise liner Queen Elizabeth
• Sir David Frost has died from a heart attack at the age of age of 74
• He had been giving a speech on the Queen Elizabeth on Saturday
• Forced President Nixon to admit involvement in Watergate Scandal
• Has been described a 'fearsome interviewer' by David Cameron
• Sir Michael Parkinson said he 'never said a nasty word' about anyone

The story and pictures from Sunday Mail at the link above.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back