1188 users online (204 members and 984 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    572

    TX - Live Oak Co., WhtMale 91UMTX, 25-35, tattoos: skull & swastika, Sep'84

    Source: http://doenetwork.org/cases/91umtx.html

    The Doe Network:

    Case File 91UMTX


    Reconstruction of Victim
    Unidentified White Male
    Located on September 12, 1984 in Live Oak County, Texas.
    The victim had been deceased for two-eight weeks when he was found

    Vital Statistics


    • Estimated age: 25-35 years old
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 6'1-6'3"; 180-200 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown/blond hair.
    • Clothing: He was wearing a black T-shirt with a Jack Daniels Old no 7 logo , maroon trousers with black stripes down the sides, size 37 waist. White, "Olympian" tennis shoes, size 10.
    • Tattoos: He had a tattoo on his left shoulder of two large wings, a skull and swastika; and a tattoo on his right arm of two dice and a heart.
    • Fingerprints: Available



    • Tattoo on left shoulder of two large wings, a skull and swastika

    Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse
    512-424-5074
    --
    Live Oak County Sheriff's Office
    361-449-2271


    Agency Case Number:
    84-287

    NCIC Number:
    U-398169916

    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

    Source Information: Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse
    CBS 11


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    572
    More Information
    Namus: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4520
    Texas DPS Unidentified Person Bulletin: http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/Un...ified%20Person

    Demographics
    Estimated age Adult - Pre 40
    Minimum age 25 years
    Maximum age 35 years
    Race White
    Sex Male
    Weight (pounds) 190, Estimated
    Height (inches) 74, Estimated
    Circumstances of Death
    Wearing size 10 "Olympian" gray running shoes; maroon pants, [size] 37 waist; black t-shirt with "Jack Daniels Old No. 7" logo; no socks, tattoos: right forearm, 2 small dice and some figures which appear to be a diamond and heart; left shoulder, 2 large wings, skull and German swastika.
    Physical
    Hair color: Blond/Strawberry
    Eye color: Unknown
    Fingerprints: Available

    Last edited by tifflee; 09-01-2013 at 05:39 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    572
    I couldn't find much information on this missing person and the geographical spread is huge, but the physical profiles and timelines are similar. Posting this comparison to see what the Websleuths community thinks!

    Sources:
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...en_curtis.html
    https://app.doj.mt.gov/enforcement/m...RecordKey=1466

    Curtis A. Holmen



    Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
    Missing Since: July 22, 1984 from Missoula, Montana
    Classification: Missing
    Date of Birth: January 21, 1953
    Age: 31 years old
    Height and Weight: 6'5, 210 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes.

    Details of Disappearance
    Holmen was last seen in Missoula, Montana on July 22, 1984. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.


    CAH's Comparison with UID




    CAH missing: Since July 22, 1984 from Missoula, Montana
    UID found: September 12, 1984 in Live Oak County, Texas - deceased 2 to 8 weeks before he was found.

    CAH age: 31 years old
    UID estimated age range: 25 to 35 years old

    CAH's reported height and weight: 6'5, 210 pounds
    UID's estimated height and weight: 6'1-6'3"; 180-200 lbs. (Doe Network); Weight (pounds): 190, Estimated & Height (inches): 74, Estimated (NamUs)

    CAH: White male, Blond hair, Blue eyes
    UID: White Male, Light Brown/Blond hair (Doe Network) or Blond/Strawberry (NamUs), Unknown eye color

    CAH: No tattoos listed
    UID: Multiple tattoos
    Last edited by tifflee; 09-01-2013 at 05:30 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    572
    Coincidentally, another person went missing on the same date as Mr. Holmen, but from California and with some matching tattoo keywords. However, the tattoos don't align with the right body areas and the age is ten years outside of the estimated range.

    Sources:
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/o/oneil_kenneth.html
    http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=2328503130010

    Kenneth Eugene Oneil (CA DOJ) / Kenneth Eugene O'Neil (Charley Project)



    Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
    Missing Since: July 22, 1984 from Los Angeles, California
    Date Of Birth: April 17, 1938
    Age: 46 years old
    Height and Weight: 6'0, 160 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes. O'Neil has a small indentation on his right temple. Tattoos of a skull, the phrase "Crazy Kenny" and a Nazi emblem are on his right forearm. O'Neil may use the last name "Drinkert." He wears eyeglasses. Some agencies may spell his last name "Oneil." O'Neil may have a moustache, beard or a goatee.
    Clothing/Jewelry Description: A camouflage jacket, a t-shirt, Levi's jeans and sunglasses.

    Details of Disappearance
    O'Neil was last seen in Los Angeles, California on July 22, 1984. He has never been heard from again. He was a known biker in 1984.


    KEO's Comparison with UID




    KEO missing:
    July 22, 1984 from Los Angeles, California
    UID found: September 12, 1984 in Live Oak County, Texas - deceased 2 to 8 weeks before he was found.

    KEO age: 46 years old
    UID estimated age range: 25 to 35 years old

    KEO's reported height and weight: 6'0, 160 pounds
    UID's estimated height and weight: 6'1-6'3"; 180-200 lbs. (Doe Network); Weight (pounds): 190, Estimated & Height (inches): 74, Estimated (NamUs)

    KEO: White male, Blond hair, Blue eyes
    UID: White Male, Light Brown/Blond hair (Doe Network) or Blond/Strawberry (NamUs), Unknown eye color

    KEO: Tattoo on right forearm of a skull, a Nazi emblem and CRAZY KENNY
    UID:
    Right forearm, 2 small dice and some figures which appear to be a diamond and heart; left shoulder, 2 large wings, skull and German swastika.


    Source: http://doenetwork.org/cases/91umtx.html

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    18,098
    An unidentified male found in Pasco County, Florida, five years later has a similar tattoo. You might want to check whether some of the possibles we looked at for him might be a match for this man. I seem to recall that several of them had been missing for some time.

    FL FL - Pasco Cnty, WhtMale (524UFML) 30-45 - Tatts: Rose, SpiderWeb, RebelFlag -Jan'89 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-06-2015 at 03:36 PM. Reason: url repair
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,002
    Quote Originally Posted by tifflee View Post
    I couldn't find much information on this missing person and the geographical spread is huge, but the physical profiles and timelines are similar. Posting this comparison to see what the Websleuths community thinks!

    Sources:
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...en_curtis.html
    https://app.doj.mt.gov/enforcement/m...RecordKey=1466

    Curtis A. Holmen



    Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
    Missing Since: July 22, 1984 from Missoula, Montana
    Classification: Missing
    Date of Birth: January 21, 1953
    Age: 31 years old
    Height and Weight: 6'5, 210 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes.

    Details of Disappearance
    Holmen was last seen in Missoula, Montana on July 22, 1984. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.


    CAH's Comparison with UID




    CAH missing: Since July 22, 1984 from Missoula, Montana
    UID found: September 12, 1984 in Live Oak County, Texas - deceased 2 to 8 weeks before he was found.

    CAH age: 31 years old
    UID estimated age range: 25 to 35 years old

    CAH's reported height and weight: 6'5, 210 pounds
    UID's estimated height and weight: 6'1-6'3"; 180-200 lbs. (Doe Network); Weight (pounds): 190, Estimated & Height (inches): 74, Estimated (NamUs)

    CAH: White male, Blond hair, Blue eyes
    UID: White Male, Light Brown/Blond hair (Doe Network) or Blond/Strawberry (NamUs), Unknown eye color

    CAH: No tattoos listed
    UID: Multiple tattoos
    There is a connection with White Supremacy and Missoula Montana in April of 1984, looking for a Texas connection:

    "Mathews and another colleague go to Missoula, Montana, where they buy firearms, ammunition, other weapons, and a state-of-the-art computer "

    http://cooperativeresearch.org/conte...51784bergorder
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    572
    Thanks for the tip, carbuff! I'll go through that thread to look at the submissions.

    Houston Mom, interesting find. I did a search for the CAH name combination since it seems like a unique last name. I found someone with the same middle initial with a matching birthdate of 1953 and location of Powers Lake, ND listed in the 1971 volume of Outstanding Teenagers of America (link here). I also found a 1975 alum listing for someone with the same first/middle initial/last name listed as a University of Jamestown (ND) graduate (link here). I don't know for certain if it is the same person, but if so, at least sheds some detail on Mr. Holmen's background and geographic history. I wish we had more details on his disappearance to work with - both to compare against this UID and in general.
    Last edited by tifflee; 09-03-2013 at 12:46 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,235
    There's also a Texas and North Dakota connection with Christian Identity (hate) groups during that time period -- Gordon Kahl of the Posse Comitatus had spent time organizing, etc., in both places (before being shot in ND in 84 (I think)). It's likely unrelated, but an interesting coincidence.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    An unidentified male found in Pasco County, Florida, five years later has a similar tattoo. You might want to check whether some of the possibles we looked at for him might be a match for this man. I seem to recall that several of them had been missing for some time.

    FL FL - Pasco Cnty, WhtMale (524UFML) 30-45 - Tatts: Rose, SpiderWeb, RebelFlag -Jan'89 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Quite obviously, the skull and wings are a sign of motorcycle gang/biker membership, and swastikas symbolize Nazism and white supremacy. There are quite a few other John Does with at least two of these tattoos as well.

    http://doenetwork.org/cases/92umia.html
    http://doenetwork.org/cases/799umon.html
    http://doenetwork.org/cases/506umfl.html
    http://doenetwork.org/cases/1774umaz.html

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    18,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Montjoy View Post
    There's also a Texas and North Dakota connection with Christian Identity (hate) groups during that time period -- Gordon Kahl of the Posse Comitatus had spent time organizing, etc., in both places (before being shot in ND in 84 (I think)). It's likely unrelated, but an interesting coincidence.
    Southern Poverty Law Center would be a resource for these connections.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    18,098
    Quote Originally Posted by ebonydarkness View Post
    Quite obviously, the skull and wings are a sign of motorcycle gang/biker membership, and swastikas symbolize Nazism and white supremacy. There are quite a few other John Does with at least two of these tattoos as well.

    http://doenetwork.org/cases/92umia.html
    http://doenetwork.org/cases/799umon.html
    http://doenetwork.org/cases/506umfl.html
    http://doenetwork.org/cases/1774umaz.html
    Well, generally that's true, but Pascoe JD and this JD have a particular style of tattoo that combines the swastika and skull in a rather unique way. It's one tattoo, not two. It probably is an indication of some sort of white supremacist or gang membership.

    Nothing on the first guy is even remotely similar. Two others don't have pictures so it's hard to say. The Ontario guy's tats are quite similar, though not quite the same.
    Last edited by carbuff; 09-03-2013 at 03:01 PM. Reason: clarify references :p
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    223
    I just plugged in some combinations of keywords such as skull, wings, swastika, and nazi into the doe network search engine and those were some of the results I got. There are even more tattoos that involve some combination of these images in the tattoo thread. Too bad many don't have pictures, Doe Network case files, or threads on here.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    18,098
    Quote Originally Posted by ebonydarkness View Post
    I just plugged in some combinations of keywords such as skull, wings, swastika, and nazi into the doe network search engine and those were some of the results I got. There are even more tattoos that involve some combination of these images in the tattoo thread. Too bad many don't have pictures, Doe Network case files, or threads on here.
    Yeah, I need to go through that entire list one of these days.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,235
    I thought the tattoo's image might be the key to the UID's identity, but I suspect that it is kind of a generic mish-mosh of white supremacist, convict, and biker motifs. I wonder if this was a tat received in prison, and if anyone could recognize it from the poor execution of the image. So if not from the image itself, perhaps from the workmanship?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    18,098
    Something interesting I found while looking for updates on this UID: the tattoo strongly resembles the cap logo of the Nazi 2nd Panzer Division.

    544.jpg91UMTX.jpg

    I was thinking the wings were Harley or motorcycle gang related, but it could be pure neo-Nazi.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 160
    Last Post: 11-02-2017, 06:28 PM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-04-2017, 08:31 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-02-2016, 02:01 PM
  4. MA MA - Hudson, WhtMale UP12472, 64-66, 'Lady J' tattoos, Mar'14
    By alllads in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-10-2015, 07:55 AM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 03:50 AM

Tags for this Thread