CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Remember: It is against TOS to accuse innocent people of crimes. If your sleuthing leads you to speculate, you must speculate and post responsibly. There must be some basis in fact, as we know them from LE or MSM, for the speculation. Wild speculation is NOT allowed. YOU are RESPONSIBLE for the words you post.

1. Do not accuse others.

2. Do not NAME innocent people that have not been named by MSM or LE. Use their initials. If your comments amount to speculation, then use initials. Name calling and name variations are NOT allowed, so don't try to make up some nickname. Just use initials.

3. If you have questions or concerns, PM a mod. Don't discuss it in the thread - just send a note to a Mod and they will take care of it.

4. As always, if a post offends you, alert it and the let the Mods handle it. Do NOT take it upon yourself to address it in the thread, because that will just result in repercussions for you.

NOTE: Threads 5 and 6 have been pulled for review. The threads may, or may not be returned depending upon the review.

Thanks,

Salem

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Media Timeline Thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226740&highlight=Gleave

Please continue the discussion here.

4199c7264a03bc19cb4afab39619_Content.jpeg

Audrey Gleave

Related Links:

Sillybilly's Timeline

Who is Audrey Gleave

By John Wells, The Spec
September 17, 2011
She had always kept details of her past hidden, even from those close to her. For years she met for coffee every Wednesday with retired teacher friends from Westdale Secondary School. They had no idea that Audrey had herself attended Westdale.
While she was an enigmatic, quiet recluse, she also delighted in revving up her shiny white Camaro.

Audrey's Story continues

By John Wells, The Spec
September 19, 2011
No doubt Audrey, a deep thinker, had often wondered how things might have gone differently.

Why does it take LE from any police force so long in releasing details to the public? That's the great unanswered question. :dunno:

I've always wondered how/where people get these white vans with no printing on the sides at all in order to paste signs on them like "Smooth". Lo and behold I just looked out my kitchen window and right next door there's a pure white van with no writing/printing on the sides at all! I watched for a second and it's a guy doing some work on our neighbour's place. I'd never noticed before today ( :blushing: ) that one can get a van and paste on whtever one wants. Then......if a crime has been committed......take the pasted signs off.

I now wonder where a criminal would go to purchase LARGE letters to put on the side of a van.

:rockon:

Oh, and back to Timmins and a possible JV connection - if you google Timmins and equestrian you will find many horse places in/near Timmins.

:twocents:

Why does it take LE from any police force so long in releasing details to the public? That's the great unanswered question. :dunno:

I've always wondered how/where people get these white vans with no printing on the sides at all in order to paste signs on them like "Smooth". Lo and behold I just looked out my kitchen window and right next door there's a pure white van with no writing/printing on the sides at all! I watched for a second and it's a guy doing some work on our neighbour's place. I'd never noticed before today ( :blushing: ) that one can get a van and paste on whtever one wants. Then......if a crime has been committed......take the pasted signs off.

I now wonder where a criminal would go to purchase LARGE letters to put on the side of a van.

No Stone...if it was today, I'd say they could have even been ordered from China, but back in 2002, I would say they would have been fairly local. Those are laser cut and back then, IMO, they would have been done at a place where they make signs. Because of the changes in technology, a lot of small sign makers went out of business, because of the expensive equipment change from screen printing to laser. JMHO With any luck at all, someone will remember doing these. There wouldn't have been many places back then that could make those...once again MOO. Even if this guy had a private garage, he would have had to driven out with "SMOOTH" on the van...Still as crazy as ever- and this case was COLD??? wow :scared:

Oh, and back to Timmins and a possible JV connection - if you google Timmins and equestrian you will find many horse places in/near Timmins.

:twocents:

Dunno about that Stone ... the very second google hit is a blog where someone is moving to Timmins and asks about the horsey community. The responses are pretty discouraging, i.e. "condolences" and "there are a ton of standardbreds and the only shows really are fairs".

I just don't see the same circles or upscale equestrian facilities you find in and around the Aurora/Caledon area or in serious trials and competitions.

<rsbm>

The release ^^ has a link to the original release of 2002 (which actually has a bit more info):

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/pdfs/2771.pdf

The suspect vehicle is described as a white van with 2 doors. It has the word Smooth&#8218;
written in black on the side of the van. The interior was untidy. Sheets of drywall and tools
were kept in the rear. The partial licence plate of the vehicle is 608---.
The is suspect is described a male white, medium build, mid to late 30&#8364;s, approxmately 6 feet
tall. He was wearing a light coloured T-shirt and blue jeans. His clothing was dirty and
unkempt.

Sounds like the guy could have been a drywaller. I'm really surprised with that partial plate that they haven't developed any leads. That's actually a fair amount of information compared to some other cases. We're looking for a guy who is now around 46 to 50 y.o.

Most vehicles have "2 doors" ... the pic they show is of the driver's side with only 1 door. Does it not have a slider on the passenger side, or do they mean 2 sliders in addition to the normal 2 doors ???? Any van I know would have at least the conventional driver and passenger doors at the front, with a slider or at least a hatchback/tailgate door to access the cargo compartment (especially for a tradesperson who wants easy access to the back of the vehicle).

The above 2002 description for the Timmins perp says t-shirt and jeans, but the 2010 sketch shows him wearing a hoodie.

sorry for 4 posts in a row, but everybody else is sleeping ;)

Dunno about that Stone ... the very second google hit is a blog where someone is moving to Timmins and asks about the horsey community. The responses are pretty discouraging, i.e. "condolences" and "there are a ton of standardbreds and the only shows really are fairs".

I just don't see the same circles or upscale equestrian facilities you find in and around the Aurora/Caledon area or in serious trials and competitions.
In this moment I don't know how to connect (if not JV in the play), but fairs need employees for exhibition stand construction like drywallers, which do "smooth" plastering also. (Please google on this word adding "-on", there is a company with licensees at Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto and other towns.) The driver of the white van may be such a drywaller or similar employee.

Is there perhaps a season in which there are more fairs? Does the special season fit with the crimes, we want to clear?
Though the AG-case is one special, I would think.
Only my thoughts ..., please help me to continue. :smile:

<rsbm>

The release ^^ has a link to the original release of 2002 (which actually has a bit more info):

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/pdfs/2771.pdf

Sounds like the guy could have been a drywaller. I'm really surprised with that partial plate that they haven't developed any leads. That's actually a fair amount of information compared to some other cases. We're looking for a guy who is now around 46 to 50 y.o.

Most vehicles have "2 doors" ... the pic they show is of the driver's side with only 1 door. Does it not have a slider on the passenger side, or do they mean 2 sliders in addition to the normal 2 doors ???? Any van I know would have at least the conventional driver and passenger doors at the front, with a slider or at least a hatchback/tailgate door to access the cargo compartment (especially for a tradesperson who wants easy access to the back of the vehicle).

When they say 2 doors they mean driver and passenger doors. I agree with you though, most vans will have a rear access door either on the side or in the rear. At the very least would be described as a 3 door. Odd.

Geocacher here, now offering info on "lettering for vehicles". One can purchase made to order magnetic signs that attach to sides of vehicles. They are easily removed, leave no real marks on the vehicle and can be easily stored to put back on at a later date. Vinyl lettering and signs are also available but are for more permanent use as they can be removed but tend to stick together if not done properly.

I know some people that occasionally do geocaching and it's just something to do in good weather to relieve boredom. I think I can safely say the geocache community is peaceful and nerdy, not likely to be thinking of going out to get into trouble.
I would add to that, they might unknowingly have witnessed something.

I would say that the majority of geocachers are only interested in the search and find of a cache, not in causing any harm to anyone. Although, with the activity increasing in popularity there are bound to be a few bad apples in the bunch... unfortunately.
And.... with increased popularity also comes the risk of others not involved in the activity to do harm to geocachers. Hence why most tend to search with a buddy or in a group. :)

Geocaching is similar to my old highschool/girl guides days when we called it orienteering. We would be sent in teams with a compass and a map and given a destination on the map and had to figure out the fastest route to there. These days they use gps, hints etc from the internet and at the end is a cache box/treasure. Sorry if some already knew that, mostly posting for others that aren't sure what the geocaching is. When you find the cache, you open it and see the tokens others have left behind and are supposed to put a memory/trinket into the box and secret it again.

Geocacher here, now offering info on "lettering for vehicles". One can purchase made to order magnetic signs that attach to sides of vehicles. They are easily removed, leave no real marks on the vehicle and can be easily stored to put back on at a later date. Vinyl lettering and signs are also available but are for more permanent use as they can be removed but tend to stick together if not done properly.

One right in Toronto..

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...ring-Door-Magnetic-Graphic-W0QQAdIdZ509163944

Geocaching is global, they do it everywhere and nobody monitors it..the caches could be anywhere and there isn't much concern about who owns the property. There is a website where people all over the world share their journeys to find the cache. Most are in remote areas and very harmless.

Thanks. :) But can a person order just the letters they need - like S M O O T H? If so, can't LE locate where those particular letters might have been sold and to whom?

Thanks. :) But can a person order just the letters they need - like S M O O T H? If so, can't LE locate where those particular letters might have been sold and to whom?

I'm fairly confident a person can order whatever they want, although I'm not 100% certain about the magnetic signs and letters. I have a friend who does custom vinyl lettering and graphics out of her home and she'll make whatever you want. It might be a bit more difficult for LE to locate if a home based business was used..... more difficult, but not impossible. IMO

Missed this bit about the violence in the news links concerning the sex assaults.
Wonder what may have spurred new interest in these attacks?......

bbm.

http://www.cp24.com/news/police-hope-photo-of-van-will-help-solve-sex-assaults-1.1431908

&#8220;I&#8217;m hoping (the photo) will jog the memory of the public,&#8221; Det. Ali Ansari told CP24.com. &#8220;Somebody might have known this person.&#8221;

Ansari said &#8220;something&#8221; prompted police to take a closer look at the case, but he would not reveal what that &#8220;something&#8221; was.

He said police released the composite photo in their renewed appeal for tips because it would be a helpful visual aid.

Described by police as a sexual predator, the suspect sexually assaulted a 32-year-old woman inside a parked van near College Street and Spadina Avenue at 1 a.m. that day.

About 50 minutes later, a 43-year-old woman was viciously beaten and sexually assaulted inside the same van near Cherry Street and Front Street East,

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/police-hop...lp-solve-sex-assaults-1.1431908#ixzz2db8axKZx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni