1199 users online (212 members and 987 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    [QUOTE=Herding Cats;9984339]SBM.
    [...]
    He had no remorse, but I think he actually felt a strong love for his little girl...perhaps like nothing he'd ever felt before. And he was doing what he was able to do to help her in her life. (And to me, that's a topic that needs to be dissected - how he was able to feel love for this little girl, but was completely and utterly psychopathic in every other area in his life...it's at great odds to how he'd behaved and lived; and this is incredibly intrguiging for me, and I'm sure investigators and other folks studying IK).

I don't think that's so unusual, for someone who's otherwise quite sociopathic to have ONE sincerely-loved figure.
    I remember a very scary and creepy man who used to live in our apartment complex: very distant, seemed to have no empathy whatsoever, beat and stalked his girlfriend long after she kicked him out (to the point that apt. security was to call police ON SIGHT). Neighbors half-joked about him being a serial killer!
    This man ADORED his Siamese cat. Doted on this cat more than you would a child.
    (I know of other examples of people like this, but the cat guy comes to my mind most strongly here at 6:20 am.)
    I think most people, even really awful people, "need" someone to focus good feelings on.
    (all MOO of course)

EDIT: I'm new here, this is my first post, and so OF COURSE I messed up the quote thingy! Ugh.

[QUOTE=macrauchenia;12975651]
    Quote Originally Posted by Herding Cats View Post
    SBM.
    [...]
    He had no remorse, but I think he actually felt a strong love for his little girl...perhaps like nothing he'd ever felt before. And he was doing what he was able to do to help her in her life. (And to me, that's a topic that needs to be dissected - how he was able to feel love for this little girl, but was completely and utterly psychopathic in every other area in his life...it's at great odds to how he'd behaved and lived; and this is incredibly intrguiging for me, and I'm sure investigators and other folks studying IK).

I don't think that's so unusual, for someone who's otherwise quite sociopathic to have ONE sincerely-loved figure.
    I remember a very scary and creepy man who used to live in our apartment complex: very distant, seemed to have no empathy whatsoever, beat and stalked his girlfriend long after she kicked him out (to the point that apt. security was to call police ON SIGHT). Neighbors half-joked about him being a serial killer!
    This man ADORED his Siamese cat. Doted on this cat more than you would a child.
    (I know of other examples of people like this, but the cat guy comes to my mind most strongly here at 6:20 am.)
    I think most people, even really awful people, "need" someone to focus good feelings on.
    (all MOO of course)

EDIT: I'm new here, this is my first post, and so OF COURSE I messed up the quote thingy! Ugh.
    Welcome to WS!!!
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3