1727 users online (286 members and 1441 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Catherine Daviau - Montreal, Canada - December 11, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by GinaSeikwa View Post
    According to TVA news and Le Journal de Montreal the FBI is examining a possible link between IK and the murder of 27 year old Catherine Daviau in Montreal in December 2008.
    http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...erie-americain

Interesting. I don't read French, but just a quick Google Translate tells me that Catherine died in her apartment, which showed no signs of forced entry. She was assaulted and tied to her bed, then the place was set on fire. Seems the time between a phone conversation with a friend and the time the fire was reported was only about an hour -- so not a long window for the murder, most likely.
    Last edited by Backwoods; 12-12-2013 at 03:28 AM. Reason: add title

Catherine Daviau

If you look at GGE timeline based on FBI published material this murder doesn't work within the timeline. It certainly sounds like him with the fire and all.

December 11 - 17, 2008: Vehicle rental (Hertz) - Merida Yucatan, Mexico.

December 11, 2008: Hotel reservation (Hotel Playa La Media Luna) - Isla Mujeres, Mexico.

December 11 - 25, 2008: Alaska Airlines flight (Anchorage, Alaska to Cancun, Mexico; round-trip).

December 20 - 25, 2008: Hotel reservation (Hotel Playa la Media Luna) - Isla Mujeres, Mexico.

12/11/2008: Anchorage, AK to Cancún, Mexico
    Flew from Anchorage, AK to Cancun, Mexico on 12/11/2008.
    Rented a vehicle - mileage unknown.
    Left Cancun on 12/25/2008.

Here is a link to a news report about her that is in english.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...cide-1.1086860

Robert J Long:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/long_robert.html

Keyes was listed as "In Maine" on 10/21/10. This case seems like a possiblity for Keyes when examining the timeline. What do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by BD1989 View Post
    Robert J Long:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/long_robert.html

Keyes was listed as "In Maine" on 10/21/10. This case seems like a possiblity for Keyes when examining the timeline. What do you all think?
    Bob Long was missing from NY on december 21, 2010.

keyes was in big cities just a couple of months earlier (chicago and boston, both in october). he obviously was riding a city vibe in 2010. i would say yes, it's possible that he could be responsible for Long's disappearance.

i'm skeptical of the timeline. it's possible that the timeline has missed dates of travel and / or other errors. it would be nice if an FBI agent was assigned to websleuths to work with us and help us. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mjk2015 View Post
    Bob Long was missing from NY on december 21, 2010.

keyes was in big cities just a couple of months earlier (chicago and boston, both in october). he obviously was riding a city vibe in 2010. i would say yes, it's possible that he could be responsible for Long's disappearance.

i'm skeptical of the timeline. it's possible that the timeline has missed dates of travel and / or other errors. it would be nice if an FBI agent was assigned to websleuths to work with us and help us. lol.
    Good catch on that one. I don't know why I thought I saw 10/21 on the date he went missing, my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by BD1989 View Post
    Good catch on that one. I don't know why I thought I saw 10/21 on the date he went missing, my mistake.
    because his birthday is in october

but like i said, keyes was obviously riding a city vibe. he must've had big city fever that time of year. Bob was a good looking guy and that one picture of him, on the left, has him looking so troubled. definitely the sort of "scent", if you will, that a serial killer might pick up on (keyes was known to profile people).

thanks for introducing him, i want to know what happened to him.
    Attached Images Attached Images

bump

I'm from an area not far from where IK had the property in Constable, and I have friends who have summer cabins in the area, and a few people I know who have family on the reservation. It's extremely desolate in spots right around there, and it's an area which has been on a steep decline for decades. I know the area well, though, and quite frankly I can see how IK would have had no trouble slipping in and out of there unnoticed, especially considering the run-down state of the property in question.

Records indicate it sold for $15,000 in '97. Despite having no real connection to the property, other than it was sold to him by a family member, I'm amazed at how thought-out he was regarding the property itself. It was in his name before he entered active duty, and he kept up on the taxes (!), which makes me wonder if he was using the property for nefarious purposes that far back, which was age 19, or if he was planning to use it for bad things well off into the future.

Up until recent years, I didn't pay close attention to the nightly news, in fact unless it was financial page stuff I didn't pay close attention to a case like this one. I'd heard the name IK, but had no clue about the breadth and complexity of the case. I don't recall it ever being on the local news, up there (Rochester and Syracuse).

Just amazed at how slippery this guy was. Here's an article which quotes him as saying he'd lived a double life for "fourteen years":

http://www.pressrepublican.com/news/...84da8cbff.html

Which puts the beginning roughly at '98. Just chilling, really. This case interests me some because it shows the great lengths some SK's will go to prey on their victims.

Justice for Abigail Williams and Liberty German

Justice for Brittanee Drexel

Justice for all child and juvenile victims of monsters

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2