1102 users online (223 members and 879 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Midwest

When posting about a particular case, PLEASE type the victims' names in the title of your post.

Use this thread to discuss other potential victims the Midwestern states.

The dates from the FBI timeline are meant as a general reference since exact locations were not provided for all timeframes.

MIDWEST
    April 12, 2007 to December 17, 2007
    October 24, 2008 to November 5, 2008 North Dakota
    May 19, 2010 to July 18, 2010
    October 15, 2010 to October 25, 2010
    June 2, 2011 to June 16, 2011
    June 8, 2011: Keyes flew from Anchorage to Chicago

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220907"]Timelines *NO DISCUSSION* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2013...keyes-timeline

http://www.fbi.gov/anchorage/press-r...g-israel-keyes
    Last edited by bessie; 09-03-2013 at 09:59 PM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Dennis Vern Kunkel; May 18, 2010; Medina, Ohio

Dennis Vern Kunkel
    Caucasian male, brown hair, blue eyes
    Last seen May 18, 2010
    from Medina, Ohio
    DOB: 4/19/66
    6' - 6'1, 165 - 185#

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...el_dennis.html

Charley project says he was supposed to meet his father and stepmother the next day to move a boat but never showed up.

http://familysforthemissing.blogspot...rn-kunkel.html

BBM
    ..this is missing Dennis Vern Kunkel

According to Medina County Common Pleas Court records, Kunkel was served with a foreclosure notice for his home May 9.
    Thomas said Kunkel's business had been slow and he had even cashed in a gold investment for about $11,000 not long before he disappeared.
    Brother Alan Kunkel, who owns a construction company, has a ''missing'' poster with his brother's picture on his Web site.

Anyone with information about the disappearance, is asked to call Medina police at 330-725-7777.

Alan Kunkel said he hopes his brother is all right and will pick up the phone and call his parents or one of his five brothers.
    ''No news is good news,'' his mother said. ''They haven't found a body.
    https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/9211

BBM
    His Silver Chevy Pick Up truck was found abandoned at a Subway Restaurant 5105 Manchester Rd in Akron, Ohio. This is just south of the Portage Lakes State Park entrance. The vehicle was found locked and did not appear to show any signs of foul play.
    Medina, Ohio. Smack in the middle between Chicago, IL and Grabill, IN (where his two sisters were living at the time).

http://www.ohio.com/news/family-baff...rance-1.193932

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/F...-Adults/Kunkel

Dennis disappeared after taking a nap at his brother's home. He had left the house by 4:00 P.M. On May 22, 2010, his 2001 silver Chevy pickup truck was found abandoned and locked at a Subway Restaurant on Manchester Rd in New Franklin, Ohio.
    IK location:
    5/19 - 7/18, 2010: FBI Timeline - Midwest & Western US

What about Florence Dumontet? Where was IK in October 2011?
    always remembering

Jacob Wetterling, missing from St. Joseph, Minnesota since October 22, 1989

Jeanna North, missing from West Fargo, North Dakota since June 28, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by helpful View Post
    What about Florence Dumontet? Where was IK in October 2011?

Keyes was unaccounted for in October 2011 according to the timeline:

6/15/2011:
    Flew from Chicago, IL to San Francisco, CA on 6/15/2011

6/16/2011:
    Flew from San Francisco, CA to Anchorage, AK on 6/16/2011.

9/15 - 9/25 2011: FBI Timeline - Western US
    FBI Timeline puts Keyes in the Western US between 9/15 - 9/25 2011

February 1, 2012: Samantha Koenig kidnapped/murdered - Anchorage, Alaska

February 2 - 17, 2012: Alaska Airlines flight (Anchorage, Alaska to Houston, Texas round-trip).

Margo Lynn Horn/Margo Lynn Jordan - Little Rock, Arkansas

Introducing this case requires a little background -- please bear with me!

In another thread, WS member Iwatchingeye posted a link and noted that the article there stated that IK had been ruled out in two 2010 New Jersey cases because he was in Arkansas on the pertinent dates (bbm):

Keyes admitted burglarizing 20 to 30 homes throughout the United States and talked about committing arson to cover up a homicide. The FBI has ruled him out in the unsolved murders of Dolores Alliotts of Palisades Park on April 28, 2010, and Joan Davis of Teaneck on Aug. 17, 2010, both of whose homes were set ablaze after they were stabbed to death. Keyes was in Arkansas at the time of those killings, Woodruff said.
    http://www.northjersey.com/hackensac...tml?c=y&page=2

Iwatchingeye wondered (and I did, too) whether "Arkansas" could have been written in error when actually Alaska was meant -- and later I realized that, if an error was made, the real location could be Arizona, also.

Since the abbreviations for those three states can easily be confused, I thought that a reporter, working from an abbreviation, may have made a mistake -- I don't believe we have seen or heard elsewhere (MSM, timelines, etc.) that IK has been pinpointed in Arkansas.

Studying the timelines, I don't think Alaska is at all likely, in particular for the April 28, 2010 date.

If you look at the timeline at the beginning of this "Midwest" thread, it also seems that Arkansas might not be right, though, since there is no April 2010 time period given for the Midwest.

On the timeline at the beginning of the West thread, however, we find (excerpted and bbm):

January 11, 2010 to February 25, 2010
    March 1, 2010 to March 10, 2010
    April 24, 2010 to April 30, 2010
    May 19, 2010 to July 18, 2010
    July 9-12, 2010: Sacramento, California and traveled to Auburn, California
    June 15, 2011, Keyes flew from Chicago to San Francisco
    September 2011: Wyoming
    Since that is from the "West" thread, I actually am leaning now toward ARIZONA being the most likely actual location, among the three states we pondered. Given the fluidity of the timelines as they have been released over time from the FBI, however, I feel it is possible that Arkansas may actually be correct -- and since I found an Arkansas case that dovetails so neatly with the April dates on the timeline and with the date of the NJ case ruled out, I felt it wisest to go ahead and post it. (Y'all let me know what you think...)

Margo Lynn Horn (Margo Lynn Jordan) went missing from Little Rock, Arkansas on April 24, 2010. Her skeletal remains were found in woods on February 18, 2011 in Pulaski Co., Arkansas (a rural portion of the Little Rock area, I think).

She has a thread on WS:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106780"]Found Deceased AR - Margo Lynne Horn/Jordan - 28 years old - Little Rock - 24 April 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

... and there was also a thread for the remains:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=margo+jordan

The WS thread for Margo sort of trails off ... no real resolution. I also have not been able to find any resolution reported elsewhere. There are reports of a boyfriend and also another man being POIs, but I can't find that leading anywhere. There is also something about a guy related somehow to the case being shot by LE ... all a little unclear to me at this point.

Truth is, I cannot find where Margo's cause OR manner of death was ever determined (or, at least, reported). The last articles I find say they are working to determine these things.

Some links:

Skeletal remains identified as missing woman

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2...missing-woman/

Margo Lynn Jordan's death remains a mystery

...Pulaski County Sheriff's investigators are looking into all possibilities for a cause of death at this time and are not ruling out homicide, suicide or natural causes. Investigators have been in contact with Jordan's family and boyfriend. They are working all contacts to find out what happened....
    more at: http://www.fox16.com/mostpopular/sto...FUyeCOKeaz8kxQ

Margo Jordan Update: Remains of missing Little Rock woman found

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/margo-jo...k-woman-found/

Pulaski Co. remains identified as Margo Lynn Jordan

...Minden says the 28-year-old hasn't been seen since last April and it was out of the ordinary for her to disappear. After all, she had two children. ...

Jordan's boyfriend was developed as a suspect but later cleared....

...Minden says, "If it was some place that she had absolutely no ties to it might be a little more suspicious but the fact that you can actually link her to that area probably makes it a little less suspicious."...
    more at: http://www.thv11.com/news/local/stor...storyid=144863

Mystery surrounds skeleton in the woods
    http://arkansasfreepress.net/Index/content/view/30/46/

http://www.michellesigona.com/2011/0...remains-found/
    Last edited by Backwoods; 12-07-2013 at 07:00 AM. Reason: add a link and quote

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/arc...p/t-84012.html

Websleuths OK Jody Wilson

Located 05/2009 by para glider on Mountain Top in Heavener Runestone Park, OK

Hey I just quickly read through this but well too things came to mind the first being when i seen his picture i swear he looks familliar but iam way up in canada .Second was his brother the last one to see him it says he lept there but did the other brother come home while he was there the reason i wonder is brothers sometimes can have some disagreements leading to maybe a mistake happening ..Just a thought
    Everything I Write Is JMHO ..

Quote Originally Posted by CanManEh View Post
    Hey I just quickly read through this but well too things came to mind the first being when i seen his picture i swear he looks familliar but iam way up in canada .Second was his brother the last one to see him it says he lept there but did the other brother come home while he was there the reason i wonder is brothers sometimes can have some disagreements leading to maybe a mistake happening ..Just a thought
    CanManEh, IK frequented Canada. I believe the info is on the FBI site, or early on in the IK discussion thread. There are many, many threads on IK. IK was a stealth predator for years/decades, oblivious to law enforcement. IK was an everywhere, nowhere man...

I agree that IK broke several of his rules of prey when he abducted Samantha Koenig. The question is why? What was his motivation? I have my theory, as do many others. I feel that it was for notoriety. IK committed suicide on the same day that 'On Frozen Ground' -movie filmed in Anchorage of Robert Hansen; AK serial killer that hunted humans was scheduled for release;
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0_mrDgDe4w"]The Frozen Ground Official Trailer #1 (2013) - Nicolas Cage, Vanessa Hudgens Movie HD - YouTube[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by digndoodle View Post
    Keyes was unaccounted for in October 2011 according to the timeline:

6/15/2011:
    Flew from Chicago, IL to San Francisco, CA on 6/15/2011

6/16/2011:
    Flew from San Francisco, CA to Anchorage, AK on 6/16/2011.

9/15 - 9/25 2011: FBI Timeline - Western US
    FBI Timeline puts Keyes in the Western US between 9/15 - 9/25 2011

February 1, 2012: Samantha Koenig kidnapped/murdered - Anchorage, Alaska

February 2 - 17, 2012: Alaska Airlines flight (Anchorage, Alaska to Houston, Texas round-trip).
    Been a long time since I asked, but I really feel like IK might know something about Florence Dumontet.
    always remembering

Jacob Wetterling, missing from St. Joseph, Minnesota since October 22, 1989

Jeanna North, missing from West Fargo, North Dakota since June 28, 1993

I've always had this deep sense of wonder on whether or not IK could be responsible for Lauren Spierer. I have pages and pages of hand printed notes plus printouts of every IK timeline that has been posted here and elsewhere. I have a whole notebook and computer file dedicated solely to IK. I'll post a pic of my printout after I just summarize, as at this point I can't get the FBI timeline for keyes to come up anymore.

JUNE 2, 2011: Alaska Airlines flight (Anchorage, Alaska to Chicago, Illinois)

JUNE 2, 2011- JUNE 15,2011: Vehicle rental (Hertz)- Desert Plaines, Illinois

JUNE 3,2011: Multiple Transactions (Indiana toll road)
    JUNE 3, 2011: LAUREN SPIERER goes missing

JUNE 8, 2011: Bill and Lorraine Currier kidnapped/murdered- Essex, Vermont

JUNE 9,2011: Hotel Reservation (Handy Suites) Essex, Vermont

JUNE 15,2011: Continental Airlines flight (Chicago, Illinois to San Francisco, California.)

JUNE 15-16, 2011: Hotel reservation (Days Inn)- San Francisco, California.

JUNE 16, 2011: Continental Airlines flight (San Francisco, California to Anchorage, Alaska.)

I understand it's easy to just blame everything on the serial killer who can't confirm anything. And I understand there are multiple other people who could be viable suspects in Lauren's case. It just REALLY has always stood out to me that IK was in Indiana on the day of Lauren's disappearance. I've been periodically going through all of his known travels looking for a pattern.

Please remember these images are my own, and not to be used outside of websleuths. :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    "Who am I?
    I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind which encourages you to be who you choose to be as long as you are truthful to yourself.
    I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that makes you understand that you are a survivor...that you are important... That you matter.
    Now let me ask, who are you?"

Quote Originally Posted by shandram19 View Post
    I've always had this deep sense of wonder on whether or not IK could be responsible for Lauren Spierer. I have pages and pages of hand printed notes plus printouts of every IK timeline that has been posted here and elsewhere. I have a whole notebook and computer file dedicated solely to IK. I'll post a pic of my printout after I just summarize, as at this point I can't get the FBI timeline for keyes to come up anymore.

JUNE 15,2011: Continental Airlines flight (Chicago, Illinois to San Francisco, California.)

JUNE 16, 2011: Continental Airlines flight (San Francisco, California to Anchorage, Alaska.)

I understand it's easy to just blame everything on the serial killer who can't confirm anything. And I understand there are multiple other people who could be viable suspects in Lauren's case. It just REALLY has always stood out to me that IK was in Indiana on the day of Lauren's disappearance. I've been periodically going through all of his known travels looking for a pattern.

Please remember these images are my own, and not to be used outside of websleuths. :-)

I too have always strongly believed that Israel Keyes was responsible for Lauren Spierers disappearance. It seems more risky than his traditional MO but who knows. BTW I have an excel file of the FBI timeline if you need to confirm any dates.

it takes only 13 hours to drive from indiana toll road to essex, vermont so he certainly did have the time and opportunity between june 3 and june 8 to abduct and kill.

there is no desert plaines, illinois. it's des plaines (which is written correctly in the notes but mistyped in the forum). he got the rental car on june 2 and had the time to be in bloomington, indiana (approximately 300 miles away) the next day.

the distance between bloomington, indiana and indiana toll road is approximately 3 to 4 hours, less than 300 miles.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mjk2015 View Post
    it takes only 13 hours to drive from indiana toll road to essex, vermont so he certainly did have the time and opportunity between june 3 and june 8 to abduct and kill.

there is no desert plaines, illinois. it's des plaines (which is written correctly in the notes but mistyped in the forum). he got the rental car on june 2 and had the time to be in bloomington, indiana (approximately 300 miles away) the next day.

the distance between bloomington, indiana and indiana toll road is approximately 3 to 4 hours, less than 300 miles.

My phone must have autocorrected des Plaines into desert plaines. It's probably too late to edit my post now. Thanks for the heads up. :-)

Also thanks for the maps, they help me get a better understanding of the routes and possibilities. Your contributions are very much appreciated!
    Last edited by shandram19; 01-02-2017 at 01:34 AM.
    "Who am I?
    I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind which encourages you to be who you choose to be as long as you are truthful to yourself.
    I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that makes you understand that you are a survivor...that you are important... That you matter.

Quote Originally Posted by BD1989 View Post
    I too have always strongly believed that Israel Keyes was responsible for Lauren Spierers disappearance. It seems more risky than his traditional MO but who knows. BTW I have an excel file of the FBI timeline if you need to confirm any dates.
    Thanks BD1985 for the generous offer, I love to have any and all files, from any sleuths who are willing to share, to add into my collection. In my mind, the more information we have to work with the better.

I'm also glad that there are at least a couple of you that share a mutual belief that IK could be responsible for Lauren's disappearance. Thank you guys!
    :-)

"Who am I?

Thanks BD1985 for the generous offer, I love to have any and all files, from any sleuths who are willing to share, to add into my collection. In my mind, the more information we have to work with the better.

I'm also glad that there are at least a couple of you that share a mutual belief that IK could be responsible for Lauren's disappearance. Thank you guys!
    :-)

i haven't learned much about her yet, i googled her name to get her location and i saw that she was a college student. what time did she disappear and where from? i don't know if you saw my thread about kathleen mcbroom but if he's responsible for her disappearance it means that he abducted her in daylight hours. i think he was very capable of abducting right out in the open and during the day. my other question is, does anybody know what day he arrived in vermont, or what he was doing the day or two before he killed the curriers?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast