634 users online (73 members and 561 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The timing would have been SUPER tight for Keyes to have had anything to do with Lauren Spierer. Tight enough that I'm sure LE knows by the toll road transactions whether he could possibly have been responsible.

She disappeared on 6/3, but very early morning like around 4am. It's not a matter of whether he had time between 6/3 and 6/8, it's a matter of whether he could have gotten to Bloomington quickly enough to abduct her, and whether he could have gotten back across the state to the toll road in a timeframe that lines up with the transactions.

I don't believe it's known [edit: known by us--I'm sure LE knows these things]what Keyes' specific itinerary for 6/2 was, or what time the toll transactions occurred, so I can't rule it out 100% but I think it's just a creepy coincidence that he was in the state when LS disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by dub View Post
    The timing would have been SUPER tight for Keyes to have had anything to do with Lauren Spierer. Tight enough that I'm sure LE knows by the toll road transactions whether he could possibly have been responsible.

She disappeared on 6/3, but very early morning like around 4am. It's not a matter of whether he had time between 6/3 and 6/8, it's a matter of whether he could have gotten to Bloomington quickly enough to abduct her, and whether he could have gotten back across the state to the toll road in a timeframe that lines up with the transactions.

I don't believe it's known [edit: known by us--I'm sure LE knows these things]what Keyes' specific itinerary for 6/2 was, or what time the toll transactions occurred, so I can't rule it out 100% but I think it's just a creepy coincidence that he was in the state when LS disappeared.
    that's plenty of time for him to have done it. he rented a car on june 2. even if he rented it at the end of the business day he still had plenty of time to drive approximately 4 to 5 hours to bloomington. then, on the morning of the 3rd he could've done it and still had plenty of time to be at indiana toll road (around 3 to 4 hours away) on the same day.

i'm just curious to know if there's any explanation of where he was and what he was doing between renting the car on the 2nd and killing the curriers on the 8th. what day did he get to vermont, is it known?

Quote Originally Posted by mjk2015 View Post
    that's plenty of time for him to have done it. he rented a car on june 2. even if he rented it at the end of the business day he still had plenty of time to drive approximately 4 to 5 hours to bloomington. then, on the morning of the 3rd he could've done it and still had plenty of time to be at indiana toll road (around 3 to 4 hours away) on the same day.

i'm just curious to know if there's any explanation of where he was and what he was doing between renting the car on the 2nd and killing the curriers on the 8th. what day did he get to vermont, is it known?
    Of course based on the information available to us it's technically possible. My point is it's very likely that his toll road transactions make very apparent to LE whether or not he is "in play" for being responsible.

Also to partially answer your question, according to the timeline he arrived in VT on 6/5. The article below indicates that between then and 6/8 he went fishing on Lake Champlain and, seemingly, scouted for victims until he found some.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ouple/1743967/

What's weird that I never thought about before is, assuming Keyes continued on I-90, in New York that's a toll road too. LE might have a lot more toll transactions than we are aware of to track his progress on 6/3 and 6/4.

But why would they make mention of the ones in Indiana and not ones elsewhere on the route? I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by dub View Post
    Of course based on the information available to us it's technically possible. My point is it's very likely that his toll road transactions make very apparent to LE whether or not he is "in play" for being responsible.

Also to partially answer your question, according to the timeline he arrived in VT on 6/5. The article below indicates that between then and 6/8 he went fishing on Lake Champlain and, seemingly, scouted for victims until he found some.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ouple/1743967/

What's weird that I never thought about before is, assuming Keyes continued on I-90, in New York that's a toll road too. LE might have a lot more toll transactions than we are aware of to track his progress on 6/3 and 6/4.

But why would they make mention of the ones in Indiana and not ones elsewhere on the route? I have no idea.
    i still wish the FBI would collaborate with independents like us. they asked for the public's help but they leave us all hanging. on their facebook page, they're constantly posting FBI jobs advertisements. they need help... so much help.

yes, i'm making fun of them

thanks for the link / info. all they have to do is acknowledge us and respond. i don't think any of us are looking for permanent jobs but i'll gladly accept a hat.

I really wish they would provide an additional update to the timeline. Perhaps contacting them via email would help clarify some of the timeline? Specifically the toll road transactions, at least that would give us an idea if he actually was in play for LS.

What do you guys think? Should we send an email and see what they have to say? Hmmm... While we're at it maybe we could also get access to some of those audio tapes that are no longer available online.

i haven't learned much about her yet, i googled her name to get her location and i saw that she was a college student. what time did she disappear and where from? i don't know if you saw my thread about kathleen mcbroom but if he's responsible for her disappearance it means that he abducted her in daylight hours. i think he was very capable of abducting right out in the open and during the day. my other question is, does anybody know what day he arrived in vermont, or what he was doing the day or two before he killed the curriers?
    According the FBI interviews that were posted on ADN (now gone), he drove up to his place in NY to check it out, then traveled to Vermont. He hadn't decided if he "was going to do anything there, yet" and was open to other locations. He got a fishing license and fished for a while and dug up the cache (I strongly believe some of them had trophies), he then "went out looking for someone". He went back to the hotel room and put the guns together and prepared to "take someone" He first decided to take someone from an apartment parking lot and hid and waiting in the wooded area of the complex. He was looking for a male, alone, with a generic car, with which he planned to rob multiple banks. It was raining that night, and as the potential victim got out the car, he ran, and IK missed him. So, he went back to the hotel and decided to "take" a couple. That's when he went walking, from the hotel, to look for a suitable house. According to the FBI timeline, he killed Bill and Lorraine on June 8, 2011, but his hotel reservation was for June 9th, 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by seasons of wither View Post
    According the FBI interviews that were posted on ADN (now gone), he drove up to his place in NY to check it out, then traveled to Vermont. He hadn't decided if he "was going to do anything there, yet" and was open to other locations. He got a fishing license and fished for a while and dug up the cache (I strongly believe some of them had trophies), he then "went out looking for someone". He went back to the hotel room and put the guns together and prepared to "take someone" He first decided to take someone from an apartment parking lot and hid and waiting in the wooded area of the complex. He was looking for a male, alone, with a generic car, with which he planned to rob multiple banks. It was raining that night, and as the potential victim got out the car, he ran, and IK missed him. So, he went back to the hotel and decided to "take" a couple. That's when he went walking, from the hotel, to look for a suitable house. According to the FBI timeline, he killed Bill and Lorraine on June 8, 2011, but his hotel reservation was for June 9th, 2011.
    keyword trigger: trophies. i showcase my ordeal publicly and speak often about trophies (in my case, the offender wears trophy tattoos of me on his body). heinous.

yes, keyes had to have been keeping trophies at least some of the time. in one of the FBI interview videos they questioned him about a ring and a necklace they found in the fire pit at his place in NY. he quickly denied that he had anything to do with the jewelry and tried to blame it on hunters or campers.

hunters = no.
    campers = possible, but no.
    serial killer = yes.

Quote Originally Posted by BD1989 View Post
    I really wish they would provide an additional update to the timeline. Perhaps contacting them via email would help clarify some of the timeline? Specifically the toll road transactions, at least that would give us an idea if he actually was in play for LS.

What do you guys think? Should we send an email and see what they have to say? Hmmm... While we're at it maybe we could also get access to some of those audio tapes that are no longer available online.
    it's not possible to email them. or, it wasn't as of one year ago (i tried). it does seem like something needs to happen since quite a few of us are willing and able to do the work, but the FBI has to accept and connect.

it's not possible to email them. or, it wasn't as of one year ago (i tried). it does seem like something needs to happen since quite a few of us are willing and able to do the work, but the FBI has to accept and connect.
    I'm thinking about filing a FOIA request. That way we can hopefully see what other files they have on this case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2