West

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
:seeya:When posting about a particular case, PLEASE :please: type the victim's name in the title of your post.

:tyou:

Use this thread to discuss other potential victims the Western states.

The dates from the FBI timeline are meant as a general reference since exact locations were not provided for all timeframes.

WESTERN US
October 3, 2005 to October 31, 2005: Belize
December 3, 2005 Gresham, OR

February 11, 2006: Port Townsend, WA
May 10, 2006 to May 15, 2006
June 22, 2006, Ridgefield, OR
October 21, 2006 to October 23, 2006: Western U.S., Mexico

April 24, 2007 to May 4, 2007: Western U.S., Mexico
August 26, 2007 to September 6, 2007: Wyoming
October 29, 2007 to November 2, 2007
November 12, 2007 to November 13, 2007
April 12, 2007 to December 17, 2007

January 1, 2008 to January 8, 2008
January 28, 2008 to February 15, 2008
May 11, 2008 to May 17, 2008
July 3, 2008 to July 7, 2008: Wyoming
September 16, 2008 to September 24, 2008
October 24, 2008 to November 5, 2008
December 11, 2008 to December 25, 2008: Mexico

February 23, 2009 to February 27, 2009
April 1, 2009 to April 14, 2009

January 11, 2010 to February 25, 2010
March 1, 2010 to March 10, 2010
April 24, 2010 to April 30, 2010
May 19, 2010 to July 18, 2010
July 9-12, 2010: Sacramento, California and traveled to Auburn, California
June 15, 2011, Keyes flew from Chicago to San Francisco
September 2011: Wyoming

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220907"]Timelines *NO DISCUSSION* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/201...released-in-serial-killer-case/keyes-timeline

http://www.fbi.gov/anchorage/press-...he-publics-assistance-concerning-israel-keyes

Most of the known California locations are in Northern California (Kettleman would be considered in the Central Valley). See the first map below for Kettleman (on Hwy 5) to Santa Rosa.

In April and May of 2007, the pins put Keyes in specific locations in California, including "Hotel reservation (Best Western) - Kettleman City, California.

April 27 - 28, 2007," and "Reservation (Safari West wildlife preserve) - Santa Rosa, California. May 3, 2007."
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/13/justice/alaska-serial-killer
July 9, 2010 to July 12, 2010: Keyes flew from Anchorage to Sacramento, California and traveled to Auburn, California. He rented a vehicle (black Ford Focus) and drove approximately 280 miles during the three days. Law enforcement believes Keyes may have engaged in criminal activity during this travel and is seeking any information about Keyes activities during this trip.

June 8, 2011: Keyes flew from Anchorage to Chicago on June 2, 2011. He rented a car and drove to Essex, Vermont. On June 8, 2011, Keyes admitted to the abduction and murder of Bill and Lorraine Currier. Keyes disposed of a weapon stolen from the Currier home and the gun he used to shoot Bill Currier in Blake Falls Reservoir. These weapons and a nearby cache were recovered by the FBI. Following the murder, Keyes traveled around the East Coast before driving back to Chicago. On June 15, 2011, Keyes flew from Chicago to San Francisco, only staying one night, returning to Anchorage on June 16, 2011.
http://www.fbi.gov/anchorage/press-...istance-in-case-of-serial-killer-israel-keyes

Cushal and Allen worked at Rock-N-Water in El Dorado County, California. (Not all that far from Auburn, California above, 15 miles - see map attached). Not that I think Israel Keyes killed them, but possible - I am wondering if this whole area was familiar to him for some reason.

Lindsay Cutshall and Jason Allen--The unsolved murders of Cutshall and Allen on a remote Northern California beach in August, 2004 drive both amateur and professional sleuths to distraction. The Christian camp counselors didn't have an enemy in the world, and were in a nominally safe area, just camping for the night. At some point someone shot them as they slept. Aside from the isolated location and proximity to some of Keyes's likely kill zones, an odd bit of evidence mentioned in some reports about the crime stands out: a bottle of Camo Beer was found near the scene. Camo has chiefly been sold in Texas, Illinois, Utah, California and Vermont.
http://truecrimediary.com/index.cfm?page=cases&id=192

Other

• May 10, 2006 to May 15, 2006: Western U.S.
  • October 21, 2006 to October 23, 2006: Western U.S., Mexico
  • April 24, 2007 to May 4, 2007: Western U.S., Mexico
  • August 26, 2007 to September 6, 2007: Western U.S.
  • October 29, 2007 to November 2, 2007: Western U.S.
  • November 12, 2007 to November 13, 2007: Western U.S.
  • April 12, 2007 to December 17, 2007: Midwest and Western U.S.
  • May 1, 2008 to January 8, 2008: Western U.S.
  • January 28, 2008 to February 15, 2008: Southern U.S. and Western U.S.
  • May 11, 2008 to May 17,2008: Western U.S.
  • July 3, 2008 to July 7, 2008: Western U.S.
  • September 16, 2008 to September 24, 2008: Western U.S.
  • October 24, 2008 to November 5, 2008: Southwest U.S., Midwest U.S. and Western U.S.
  • February 23, 2009 to February 27, 2009: Western U.S.
  • April 1, 2009 to April 14, 2009: Eastern U.S., Western U.S.
  • January 11, 2010 to February 25, 2010: Western U.S.
  • March 1, 2010 to March 10, 2010: Western U.S.
  • April 24, 2010 to April 30, 2010: Western U.S.
  • May 19, 2010 to July 18, 2010: Midwest U.S. and Western U.S.
  • September 15, 2011 to September 25, 2011: Western U.S.
http://www.fbi.gov/anchorage/press-...he-publics-assistance-concerning-israel-keyes

So, the January-February 2010 location in the "western USA " is still unknown apparently...jmo moo Likewise the March-April 2010 location... Interesting...moo I wish it was known how many family members lived in socal...moo

So, the January-February 2010 location in the "western USA " is still unknown apparently...jmo moo Likewise the March-April 2010 location... Interesting...moo I wish it was known how many family members lived in socal...moo

Do you know if any lived there? I can't find much but I'm sure others know more than me.

There was the likable, easygoing Keyes, who became an atheist despite—or perhaps because of—being raised in a Bible-thumping home of 10 kids.

....Some trips were made to commit crimes, others for non-lethal pleasures—visiting family members living in the East, Midwest, and South. The builder and handyman helped supplement his jaunts with the proceeds of several U.S. bank robberies along the way, officials say.

http://www.seattleweekly.com/2013-01-23/news/israel-keyes-in-plane-sight/

Do you know if any lived there? I can't find much but I'm sure others know more than me.

http://www.seattleweekly.com/2013-01-23/news/israel-keyes-in-plane-sight/

Yes, IK's grandmother lived there.And, he had several other family members there too. I'm not sure if it's LA county,or Orange County. But, it wouldn't really matter ; he would rent vehicles and then drive for days... jmo moo He thus created huge confusion among investigators. moo

I did read that IK went to his grandmother's birthday party. So, he defiiately was in the area. And, he had said that he had walked across the San Ysidro border, so he was also familiar with the San Diego Borderr area ...jmo moo

Al Kite.........Aurora Colorado...........March 24,2004

http://panachereport.com/channels/more short stories/PracticeKill.htm

The deception continued. Sobieski learned that the killer used Kite's ATM card shortly after the murder. But when he pulled the surveillance stills, all he saw as a man in a mask. The stills barely showed anything.

The next trail came from cell records. At the crime scene, cops found a handwritten note which said "Robert" and gave a phone number. It was the killer's phone and it was still being used. Cops tracked the phone's activity all over Denver. But once again, the killer was one step ahead. Apparently after the murder, the killer left the phone in an area where homeless people hung out. He did this on purpose so that a homeless person would use the phone, forcing cops to track the wrong person, yet again

A friend of mine came up with this story, I sure think it fits the many phases of I. Keyes for sure...NOTE**** at the bottom of the page on this story is 1 photo of the person that did these at an ATM Machine, it has been placed with various articles on his head, but personally I feel the eyes and the nose area fits Keyes for sure...He has a very distinct nose area that would be hard to disguise to me

I hope I places this in the correct region

Attachments

• Israel Keyes...Supposedly.jpg
    Israel Keyes...Supposedly.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 47

The deception continued. Sobieski learned that the killer used Kite's ATM card shortly after the murder. But when he pulled the surveillance stills, all he saw as a man in a mask. The stills barely showed anything.

The next trail came from cell records. At the crime scene, cops found a handwritten note which said "Robert" and gave a phone number. It was the killer's phone and it was still being used. Cops tracked the phone's activity all over Denver. But once again, the killer was one step ahead. Apparently after the murder, the killer left the phone in an area where homeless people hung out. He did this on purpose so that a homeless person would use the phone, forcing cops to track the wrong person, yet again

A friend of mine came up with this story, I sure think it fits the many phases of I. Keyes for sure...NOTE**** at the bottom of the page on this story is 1 photo of the person that did these at an ATM Machine, it has been placed with various articles on his head, but personally I feel the eyes and the nose area fits Keyes for sure...He has a very distinct nose area that would be hard to disguise to me

WOW, again, digndoodle..

Nice find dig!

It certainly does sound like IK. A couple other points... it seems they may have DNA? And, the guy was around for weeks.

Here is a composite sketch of the suspect and a long article.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcas...ing-as-renter-tortures-kills-homeowner/510/3/

He cut Kite and tortured him for hours, “This guy was doing it for the thrill.”

“He just wanted to find people to kill,” Hanna said. “He brought his own little torturing kit.”

Anyone contact Aurora, CO LE yet?

He poured bleach down the drains of the shower, apparently in an attempt to destroy any trace of who he was.

I guess I noted this in another thread. The miles Keyes put on the rental car is almost exactly the distance from the Sacramento airport to and from Reno, NV.

"July 9, 2010 to July 12, 2010: Keyes flew from Anchorage to Sacramento, California and traveled to Auburn, California. He rented a vehicle (black Ford Focus) and drove approximately 280 miles during the three days. Law enforcement believes Keyes may have engaged in criminal activity during this travel and is seeking any information about Keyes activities during this trip."

Nice find dig!

It certainly does sound like IK. A couple other points... it seems they may have DNA? And, the guy was around for weeks.

Here is a composite sketch of the suspect and a long article.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcas...ing-as-renter-tortures-kills-homeowner/510/3/

I do not think the sketch looks like IK at all, but if you read the above article it says the witnesses said the man had DARK WAVY HAIR, but as we all know this just reeks of Keyes to me.....taking a shower, pouring bleach in the drains and perhaps a meal???........I have long thought Keyes probably had some type of ?????? celebration after his kidnaps and killings but that is all moo and as foxfire stated in the Boca Mall Shootings, not all sketches are good nor or the artists in some sketches, this to me was just a poor drawing but the article posted by me has the only known PHOTO of the POI at the ATM Machine and to me it sure looks like Keyes through the nose area and the eyes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knowing that Kite’s girlfriend was going to be out of town, the suspect knew he would be alone with Kite all weekend, Hanna said. “He knew he had all the time in the world,” she said.

Kite’s pickup truck was abandoned a few blocks from his house, and his cellphone was later discovered miles from his home. At 11:30 p.m. the same night, someone withdrew thousands of dollars from Kite’s account at an ATM

Attachments

• Israel Keyes...Supposedly.jpg
    Israel Keyes...Supposedly.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 22
attachment.php
h9at.jpg
two-268x300.jpg

He's not a dead ringer, but I do see some resemblance to the sketch on the left. Again, it's the pouty mouth. The sketch on the right, not so much, but not totally out of the question, either.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcas...g-as-renter-tortures-kills-homeowner/510/two/

attachment.php
h9at.jpg
two-268x300.jpg

He's not a dead ringer, but I do see some resemblance to the sketch on the left. Again, it's the pouty mouth. The sketch on the right, not so much, but not totally out of the question, either.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcas...g-as-renter-tortures-kills-homeowner/510/two/

Thank you for the second sketch

I think the sketches resemble him enough to possibly be him. The eyes, nose, and mouth areas particularly in the first one. Also, I think the nose looks like him in the surveillance video (Colorado).

I do not think the sketch looks like IK at all, but if you read the above article it says the witnesses said the man had DARK WAVY HAIR, but as we all know this just reeks of Keyes to me.....taking a shower, pouring bleach in the drains and perhaps a meal???........I have long thought Keyes probably had some type of ?????? celebration after his kidnaps and killings but that is all moo and as foxfire stated in the Boca Mall Shootings, not all sketches are good nor or the artists in some sketches, this to me was just a poor drawing but the article posted by me has the only known PHOTO of the POI at the ATM Machine and to me it sure looks like Keyes through the nose area and the eyes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knowing that Kite’s girlfriend was going to be out of town, the suspect knew he would be alone with Kite all weekend, Hanna said. “He knew he had all the time in the world,” she said.

Kite’s pickup truck was abandoned a few blocks from his house, and his cellphone was later discovered miles from his home. At 11:30 p.m. the same night, someone withdrew thousands of dollars from Kite’s account at an ATM

BBM - I totally agree on this. Plus, just the MO fits him. It seems like a very solid lead unless they can automatically rule him out due to the timeline and/or DNA. Did you send this in as a tip?

One of the strangest cases I have ever read about is the murder of Mike Emert, the realtor from Redmond WA,who was stabbed to death while showing a house in 2001. It was called a completelty "motiveless murder. "

The killer seemed to have a lot of similarities to the Al Kite killer...However, it was revealed recently that the DNA of a guy named Greg Krueger was found at the scene of Mike's murder. Greg Krueger was an ex LEO,who supposedly was a hired killer. He allegedly made a living doing hits. The big mystery is who would have taken out a contract on Mike Emert.

It is an interesting fact that a couple of witnesses saw two men driving Mike's vehicle away from the crime scene... Greg Krueger killed himself before he could be questioned about Mike Emert's murder...jmo moo

One of the strangest cases I have ever read about is the murder of Mike Emert, the realtor from Redmond WA,who was stabbed to death while showing a house in 2001. It was called a completelty "motiveless murder. "

The killer seemed to have a lot of similarities to the Al Kite killer...However, it was revealed recently that the DNA of a guy named Greg Krueger was found at the scene of Mike's murder. Greg Krueger was an ex LEO,who supposedly was a hired killer. He allegedly made a living doing hits. The big mystery is who would have taken out a contract on Mike Emert.

It is an interesting fact that a couple of witnesses saw two men driving Mike's vehicle away from the crime scene... Greg Krueger killed himself before he could be questioned about Mike Emert's murder...jmo moo

THANK YOU lizb for posting this....I have been reading various cases and came across the Mike Emert murder....at 1st I thought YES, this is another victim probably linked to Keyes but then read on about Krueger....
from what I understood, did Krueger kill himself??? or did someone put him in that river by murder and the small known stolen boat found along with the body????...and I read where they thought his buddy was in the river with him, but they have never recovered his body, nor has anyone seen him alive again
I thought it was very odd they found him in that river along with a stolen boat

1176183_3403354459372_1327572381_n.jpg

This is a photo of the sketch with added DARK CURLY HAIR as described by most that met this person

THANK YOU lizb for posting this....I have been reading various cases and came across the Mike Emert murder....at 1st I thought YES, this is another victim probably linked to Keyes but then read on about Krueger....
from what I understood, did Krueger kill himself??? or did someone put him in that river by murder and the small known stolen boat found along with the body????...and I read where they thought his buddy was in the river with him, but they have never recovered his body, nor has anyone seen him alive again
I thought it was very odd they found him in that river along with a stolen boat

Oh yes, there is the huge question of what really happened to Krueger... but, isn't it weird that the Mike Emert murder was so similar to Al Kite's ?

Oh yes, there is the huge question of what really happened to Krueger... but, isn't it weird that the Mike Emert murder was so similar to Al Kite's ?

Yes, I mean it was almost like reading Al Kite all over except Emert being found in the bathtub

lizb, as you know by now I just blurt what I think right out here...as I read and saw how close these 2 cases were and then reading further to where the 2 men tried to get the doctor taken down by force but he managed to tear one of the hooded hats off and they found Krueger's DNA on this also, then not long until Kruegers body and the stolen boat known to be one of this doctor's neighbors was discovered in the lake...I'm just going to throw it all out...I immediately thought perhaps Keyes was buddies or used Krueger to do a few of his dirty jobs and he was not happy because the doctor refused to let them get him totally down and his wife coming to the door and suddenly slamming it shut and locked and after all it was supposed to be a home invasion, but failed....maybe Keyes got so mad this job failed and moo, maybe Keyes put Krueger's body in that lake after he killed him
Seems IK sure liked water areas from what is so far known and it sure would not have bothered Keyes to have stolen that boat just long enough to go out a little and throw the body overboard and we know Keyes was a control freak...so I'm basing all this on if it was Keyes in with Kreuger on this job I'm sure he was very mad they didn't manage to get inside that home and get some money items that he flew into one of his rages and simply got rid of him..but all just moo only here is a link in case you haven't read about the supposedly home invasion

http://www.truecrimediary.com/index.cfm?page=cases&id=135

------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a question for you lizb.....seeing photo's of Krueger and his known buddy in crime....Do you really think he would have been strong enough to pull this body and then put it over in the bath tub???...........I can see him maybe killing, but personally he don't look physically fit enough to do this and he had some age on him also

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back