1420 users online (245 members and 1175 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    "Just me or have they convicted the wrong person for this probable victim of IK?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Reload this Page GUILTY WA-Chris Wilson chrg'd w/Murderof Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 #20

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...Cowell&page=24

__________________________________________________ ___

Forty Eight Hours
    48 Hours’ turns camera on Mackenzie Cowell case
    http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/48-hou...-of-the-river/
    It's not just you...
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Israel Keyes (January 7, 1978 – December 2, 2012) was an American serial killer, rapist, arsonist, burglar and bank robber. Keyes admitted to violent crimes as early as 1996, with the violent sexual assault of a teenage girl in Oregon.[2] He committed a long series of rapes and murders until his capture in 2012.
    Keyes served in the U.S. Army from 1998 through 2001 at Fort Lewis, Fort Hood, and in Egypt.
    http://www.spokesman.com/stories/199...e-killing-but/

Marlene Emerson(Mom), 29 & 12-year-old Cassie Emerson(Dau)
    July 30, 1997 in City
    Girl’s Body Offers Few Clues In Double Killing But Authorities Believe Same Person Killed Her, Mother In Stevens County
    (Note: Colville WA is in Stephens County, WA)

<snipped - Read more>

The discovery of 12-year-old Cassie Emerson’s body so far has provided few clues into the double homicide that claimed her and her mother.

Authorities feared the girl had been kidnapped when her trailer home five miles south of Colville was destroyed by arson on June 27 and only the remains of her mother, Marlene Emerson, 29, were found.

Stevens County sheriff’s investigators still don’t know the cause of death for either victim, but believe they were killed by the same person.

Cassie Emerson was the second 12-year-old girl to be killed in the Colville area since March 1996, but Undersheriff Gilbert Geer said Emerson’s death doesn’t appear to be connected to that of Julie Harris.

Harris’ body was found in April in a wooded area near Kettle Falls. Investigators have what they call a “person of interest” in the Harris case, but Geer said no one who rises to that level in Emerson case.
    __________________________________________________ _
    12 year old Julie Harris was reported missing on March 3, 1996. Body recovered one month later.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-27225842.html

MISSING GIRL'S REMAINS FOUND NEAR COLVILLE, WA

The Spokesman-Review (Spokane, WA)
    April 29, 1997

The search for a 12-year-old Colville girl, presumed to have been murdered when she disappeared a year ago, ended Monday when her skeletal remains were identified.

Julie Harris was reported missing on March 3, 1996.

The case was classified a homicide when her purse and two artificial feet were found about a month later, near where the Colville River flows into Lake Roosevelt at Kettle Falls.

The girl's remains were discovered Saturday by children playing three miles southwest of Colville, in the vicinity of Haller Creek Road and Reidel Creek. A check of dental records confirmed the identification.

Albert and Joan Musalo, Reno, NV - March 27/28, 2006

A thread was recently opened about this sad case in the Cold Case forum:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d-10-Years-Ago

LE has recently stated that they have male DNA and ballistics from this cold case, so surely if IK was involved there would have been a DNA match...?

Also, the bodies of this married couple, in their 70s, were found in their bedroom -- they were shot to death. I realize that the finding of bodies in the home would seem highly unusual for a Keyes case.

And yet...there are things about this murder that remind me a lot of the murder of Bill and Lorraine Currier in Vermont. I just wondered if MAYBE this could have been IK, trying to pull off something like he did with the Curriers but something went wrong and he was unable to complete his plans (removing them from their home, etc.).

LE has just recently publicly released that the phone lines at the Musalo home within a gated community were cut. IK cut the phone lines at the Currier's home, he said, to test for the presence of an alarm system.

LE has also recently stated that it is thought the killer of the Musalos may have done basically a blitz attack in the night -- pretty much exactly how IK described entering the Currier home and making his way (wearing a headlamp) within seconds to where he had surmised the master bedroom would be. (LE has said, though, that there was no sign of forced entry at the Musalo home.)

refresher on attack on the Curriers: http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...le_fought.html
    Last edited by Backwoods; 03-31-2016 at 10:15 PM.

For all of Keye's "trips", I have tried to look into the most likely missing person and work it out with the mileage and FBI timeline. This is what I came up with for his 2007 trip. Of course, this is pure speculation, with the little bit of information we have to work with, but here goes:

04/24/07 to 05./03/07

04/24: Lands in Oakland, CA. Drives North to Somona County (puts 1444 miles on car over entire trip and I believe I have the mileage worked out)

04/25: Abducts/kills John William Christianson:

http://www.nampn.org/cases/christianson_john_w.html

Above Images: Christianson, circa 2007
    No code has to be inserted here.

04/26. Stashes the body somewhere, heads South. Robs bank? Burns house? Meets with prostitutes? FBI timeline has him in Tijuana.

04/27: Heads North through San Diego, stays night in Kettleman City, CA

04/28: Stays night in Napa

04/30: Heads back to Tijuana

05/01: Rents a kayak in Healdsburg, CA (disposing of body?). Healdsburg is only 44 miles from Sonoma County. In the murders we know about, he went back for the bodies at a later date (well, he planned to with the Curriers).

05/01: Transaction in Calistoga, CA

05/03: Has a reservation in Santa Rosa, CA (where did he stay the 2nd?).

05/03: Leaves Oakland to Seattle, stays overnight. I assuming he put "souveniers" in a cache there. Rents a vehicle, puts 111 miles on it.

05/04: Heads back to Alaska

The only other likely victim I can see is Rebekah Bramel in OR, but the mileage doesn't work out. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...l_rebekah.html

You just know he killed someone on this trip, you can see from his movements have "high" he was, how "amped up". Very similar to the way he described how he felt when he was in TX, in the audio tapes.

Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by seasons of wither; 01-12-2017 at 11:34 PM.

made a mistake on the above timeline, not sure how to edit.

Healdsburg, CA is actually in Sonoma County.

John William Christianson's page is no longer on Charley's Project has he been found?

Quote Originally Posted by Iwatchingeye View Post
    John William Christianson's page is no longer on Charley's Project has he been found?
    I found his case on the North America Missing Person's Network. Another reason we need a centralized data base for missing adults.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/christianson_john_w.html

I'm with you that he almost for sure killed someone on that trip, and of known missing persons John Christianson is the most likely. If he has been found I wonder what the deal is. I did a quick search and couldn't find any information one way or the other.

I still don't understand how the mileage on that trip works though. If I'm reading the sequence correctly he went Oakland-->Tijuana-->Napa-->back to Tijuana-->back to Oakland, which if correct is WAY more than 1400 miles. It's more like 2000. I don't get it.

If you've reconciled the mileage somehow on that I'm very curious (I'm probably missing something obvious haha)

Also what's really wild is that just looking at the raw mileage and taking the known stops out of consideration, the mileage lines up almost exactly with Rebekah Bramel. Until the information came out about the Tijuana stops I was so sure he'd killed her.

Quote Originally Posted by dub View Post
    I'm with you that he almost for sure killed someone on that trip, and of known missing persons John Christianson is the most likely. If he has been found I wonder what the deal is. I did a quick search and couldn't find any information one way or the other.

I still don't understand how the mileage on that trip works though. If I'm reading the sequence correctly he went Oakland-->Tijuana-->Napa-->back to Tijuana-->back to Oakland, which if correct is WAY more than 1400 miles. It's more like 2000. I don't get it.

If you've reconciled the mileage somehow on that I'm very curious (I'm probably missing something obvious haha)

Also what's really wild is that just looking at the raw mileage and taking the known stops out of consideration, the mileage lines up almost exactly with Rebekah Bramel. Until the information came out about the Tijuana stops I was so sure he'd killed her.
    same here, I felt sure he killed Rebekah. I had worked out the milage on google maps a few months ago. I will possibly recheck it, but if I remember correctly, in all worked out. However, it's certainly possible that I miscalculated somewhere. It's also possible that he killed someone "not on paper", such as an immigrant, or even a transient prostitute.

Dub,
    You've really got my wheels turning, I am going to have to go back through my calculations when I get a chance!

Another possible victim during this trip maybe Richard Pierce.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/pierce_richard.html

Keyes loved to steal vehicles. It's possible at some point he may have obtained another vehicle which did not belong to him.

OK,

The mileage and timeline is driving me crazy. I recalculated, haven't looked at this for months until recently. Something does not add up. IK's crisscrossing and movements are just insane and difficult to track/follow.

************************************************** ************************************************** *************************************************

If we use the FBI's timeline, this is the mileage we get:

Oakland to Tijuana: 507 miles

Tijuana to San Diego: 20 miles

San Diego to San Ysidro: 16.5 miles

San Ysidro to Kettleman City: 308 miles

Kettleman City to Napa: 231 miles

Napa to Tijuana: 499 miles

San Diego to Healdsburg: 562 miles

Healdsburg to Calistoga: 26 miles

Calistoga to Santa Rosa: 17 milse

Santa Rosa to Oakland: 58 miles

Grand Total: 2264 Miles (known locations, per FBI timeline)
    Car Rental: 1444 ( per FBI timeline)

Difference: 820 miles

This is without my theory, which would only add on 100, 200 miles depending on which part of Sonoma County.

************************************************** ************************************************** ***********************************************

My initial theory was that he killed/abducted JWC in Sonoma County, which is only, say 60 miles from Oakland. I must have missed some mileage (not enough coffee?). But either way, he must have taken a victim's car at some point, or found another source of transportation. I am now operating under the assumption that he used a victim's vehicle on this trip. I totally missed it with my previous calculations, could have sworn I worked it out and it all fit within the 1441 mileage.

Random thoughts about this trip.

Did John William Christianson have a vehicle? Vanished on April 25th. Where, exactly, was he last seen? What was his lifestyle, family, friends?

BD suggested another missing person from CA during this trip, Richard Pierce. He vanished May 1st from Tulare County, but he was dropped off by his wife and not in his own vehicle, so I do not see him as likely to be chosen by IK (but certainly possible).

Rebekah Bramel. I keep coming back to her. IK was in Tijuana the same day she disappeared. Tijuana to Portland, Or: 1100 miles, 16 hours per google maps. Is it possible IK killed more than one person on this trip?????

Could he have killed JWC, taken his vehicle, driven to OR and killed Rebekah? He was in Tijuana the same day she disappeared. Could he have driven down after the crime to distance himself? Or, would it have been too far and too much, even for IK? Would like to know the time he was on the border. I'm sure the FBI have asked themselves all of these questions and looked at this at length.
    Last edited by seasons of wither; 01-14-2017 at 01:43 PM. Reason: grammer, my brain is faster than my fingers

Could Greer Coursey fit into the timelines?

http://www.ksby.com/story/30317917/m...eugene-coursey
    * ** ........................ *

........Vultures................ L.U.S.T. spells Love

Runt of the litter...........Los Vigilantes...........

Quote Originally Posted by seasons of wither View Post
    OK,

The mileage and timeline is driving me crazy. I recalculated, haven't looked at this for months until recently. Something does not add up. IK's crisscrossing and movements are just insane and difficult to track/follow.

************************************************** ************************************************** *************************************************

If we use the FBI's timeline, this is the mileage we get:

Oakland to Tijuana: 507 miles

San Diego to San Ysidro: 16.5 miles

San Ysidro to Kettleman City: 308 miles

Kettleman City to Napa: 231 miles

Napa to Tijuana: 499 miles

San Diego to Healdsburg: 562 miles

Healdsburg to Calistoga: 26 miles

Calistoga to Santa Rosa: 17 milse

Santa Rosa to Oakland: 58 miles

Grand Total: 2264 Miles (known locations, per FBI timeline)
    Car Rental: 1444 ( per FBI timeline)

Difference: 820 miles

This is without my theory, which would only add on 100, 200 miles depending on which part of Sonoma County.

************************************************** ************************************************** ***********************************************

My initial theory was that he killed/abducted JWC in Sonoma County, which is only, say 60 miles from Oakland. I must have missed some mileage (not enough coffee?). But either way, he must have taken a victim's car at some point, or found another source of transportation. I am now operating under the assumption that he used a victim's vehicle on this trip. I totally missed it with my previous calculations, could have sworn I worked it out and it all fit within the 1441 mileage.

Random thoughts about this trip.

Did John William Christianson have a vehicle? Vanished on April 25th. Where, exactly, was he last seen? What was his lifestyle, family, friends?

BD suggested another missing person from CA during this trip, Richard Pierce. He vanished May 1st from Tulare County, but he was dropped off by his wife and not in his own vehicle, so I do not see him as likely to be chosen by IK (but certainly possible).

Rebekah Bramel. I keep coming back to her. IK was in Tijuana the same day she disappeared. Tijuana to Portland, Or: 1100 miles, 16 hours per google maps. Is it possible IK killed more than one person on this trip?????

Could he have killed JWC, taken his vehicle, driven to OR and killed Rebekah? He was in Tijuana the same day she disappeared. Could he have driven down after the crime to distance himself? Or, would it have been too far and too much, even for IK? Would like to know the time he was on the border. I'm sure the FBI have asked themselves all of these questions and looked at this at length.
    it's grammar. i fick stit for you.

your wellcombe.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast