1437 users online (271 members and 1166 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 345
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,411
    Snoopster,

    Perhaps my post wasn't clear. My point was that up until he went to Alaska in 9/06, IK did not appear to have unaccounted for income but once he moved to Alaska the "odd" travels began. I was speculating that thats when his serious Life of Crime began.

    Cynar,

    You bring up some interesting points.

    First, who is the second male he claims to have killed (other than Currier)?

    I think everything he told the Alaska investigators or wrote down while in his cell, was essentially self serving. It all wasn't necessarily a lie; I think he was trying to create a "legend" for himself that would serve his interests somehow. It wouldn't surprise me if did have other kills but, if he did, they were not random "thrill kills" but motivated by rape, property gain, or covering up another crime.

    I do agree that the detail he gave about the 2011 East Coast killing gives it a little more credibility than other claims. I'm not sure what to make of it.

    Claiming a lot of random kills seems like an easy way to build up one's "stature" as a big time Serial Killer. Plenty of disappearances and unsolved murders across the country could be his but there is really no way to rule most of them in or out.

    The one thing that I can't figure out is why he would admit/claim to have raped Mrs. Currier. She was 55 and not very attractive. Most Serial Killers deny or play down rapes even when they confess to the murders. Rapist, particularly rapist who target older women or children, are not looked kindly upon in prison.

    Two things we may hear more about is further details of the Currier case and the mystery teenager who he claims to have raped in Maupin, Or in 1998. If it happened, the might come forward or girls who were high school age in that area in 1998 just wouldn't be that hard to track down. If that rape really happened, it greatly enhances his credbility about other crimes.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,234
    Quote Originally Posted by kemo View Post
    The one thing that I can't figure out is why he would admit/claim to have raped Mrs. Currier. She was 55 and not very attractive.
    I don't think your evaluation of her appearance was necessary or relevant -- rape isn't about sex or sexuality, it's about power and domination, so things like attractiveness and age are often secondary considerations (if at all).

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    the pacific northwest
    Posts
    263
    I also always wonder if IK is full of it in some of his interviews and "claims" and then his abrupt suicide and his weird suicide note that he left to get drenched in his own blood,, imo pseudo "deep" attempt at some deep weird secretive BS that obviously doesn't reveal anything, just meh, also he seems to bring up his daughter so much in interviews as a bargaining chip almost (I really feel bad for this girl and hope she gets a new identity or something and lives a normal life) yet says nothing to her in his note (unless there is another undisclosed part). Ugh, that's the part that is so frustrating is that what if it's all made up except Sam and the Curriers or IDK. I guess it seems if the FBI released so much (not really..., wonder what else) they have corroborated and backed up some of his "claims". This whole thing is bizzare really and I feel so bad for those who came across him.
    Last edited by northxnorthwest; 09-11-2013 at 01:46 AM.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wolfscratch Wilderness/North GA
    Posts
    8,820
    Quote Originally Posted by northxnorthwest View Post
    I also always wonder if IK is full of it in some of his interviews and "claims" and then his abrupt suicide and his weird suicide note that he left to get drenched in his own blood,, imo pseudo "deep" attempt at some deep weird secretive BS that obviously doesn't reveal anything, just meh, also he seems to bring up his daughter so much in interviews as a bargaining chip almost (I really feel bad for this girl and hope she gets a new identity or something and lives a normal life) yet says nothing to her in his note (unless there is another undisclosed part). Ugh, that's the part that is so frustrating is that what if it's all made up except Sam and the Curriers or IDK. I guess it seems if the FBI released so much (not really..., wonder what else) they have corroborated and backed up some of his "claims". This whole thing is bizzare really and I feel so bad for those who came across him.
    northnorthwest, some folks would interpret Keyes suicide note as weird, while others may see it in a different light. Or in Israel Keyes case, darkness. IK, imo, was a hybrid predator; an anomaly. In R. Ramirez; night stalker's words, IK was beyond good & evil, and we are not expected to truly understand him.

    I am torn on the unique and unusual strategy that the FBI is taking in the IK investigation. This is the first time that I can remember where the FBI has shared a specific timeline, of a serial killer's past with the public, after their death. It would be naive to think that all evidence and info of the IK investigation has been released to the public. If successful, this semi-transparency strategy of asking for the public's help will be utilized more often by the FBI in the future, imo..

    An aware American public is a very valuable resource in missing/murdered person's investigations. Combined with FBI VICAP and CODIS, these tools can defeat jurisdictional linkage blindness.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wolfscratch Wilderness/North GA
    Posts
    8,820
    Folks that are skeptical as to Israel Keyes' partial confession of his unknown victim total and dark past should read 'Between Good & Evil', as well as the bio of Roger L. Depue; retired FBI BAU, imo...
    The Academy think tank founded by RLD is an excellent resource for info. The members have been very helpful and courteous to me when contacted, on more than a few occasions..

    http://criminalminds.wikia.com/wiki/Roger_L._Depue
    In this first-person account of becoming the FBI’s top serial-killer hunter and a member of a religious order in an attempt to discern the true nature of good and evil, Roger L. Depue searches for an understanding of how evil develops.

    Between Good and Evil is Depue’s look back at a life spent apprehending criminals, especially serial killers, first as a small-town police chief, then an FBI-SWAT team member, Behavioral Sciences Unit chief, and a developer of revolutionary law enforcement programs.

    The book also examines Depue’s experience studying with the Brothers of the Missionaries of the Holy Apostles in an attempt to discover why a good person like his wife, whom he had lost to cancer, is allowed to die while monstrous criminals get to live.

    Following his time in the clergy, Depue returned to law-enforcement and today heads one of the world’s most elite think tanks; 'The Academy'..

    Between Good and Evil: A Master Profiler's Hunt for Society's Most Violent Predators
    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/betw...=9781594831317

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by kemo View Post
    Cynar,

    You bring up some interesting points.

    First, who is the second male he claims to have killed (other than Currier)?

    I think everything he told the Alaska investigators or wrote down while in his cell, was essentially self serving. It all wasn't necessarily a lie; I think he was trying to create a "legend" for himself that would serve his interests somehow. It wouldn't surprise me if did have other kills but, if he did, they were not random "thrill kills" but motivated by rape, property gain, or covering up another crime.

    I do agree that the detail he gave about the 2011 East Coast killing gives it a little more credibility than other claims. I'm not sure what to make of it.

    Claiming a lot of random kills seems like an easy way to build up one's "stature" as a big time Serial Killer. Plenty of disappearances and unsolved murders across the country could be his but there is really no way to rule most of them in or out.

    The one thing that I can't figure out is why he would admit/claim to have raped Mrs. Currier. She was 55 and not very attractive. Most Serial Killers deny or play down rapes even when they confess to the murders. Rapist, particularly rapist who target older women or children, are not looked kindly upon in prison.

    Two things we may hear more about is further details of the Currier case and the mystery teenager who he claims to have raped in Maupin, Or in 1998. If it happened, the might come forward or girls who were high school age in that area in 1998 just wouldn't be that hard to track down. If that rape really happened, it greatly enhances his credbility about other crimes.
    hi, Kemo,

    The second male was discussed in the 11/29 (final) video interview. This is when the FBI has the writing from his cell that refers to "a couple" in Washington. They are talking about gun use when IK says he never shot anyone besides Bill Currier. Feldis asks if everyone else was strangled. Ik agrees, but with slight hesitation. Asked to clarify he says he hit someone over the head to "take them out of action" but not meaning to kill. Feldis asks if that was the male of the couple and IK agrees.

    Other males were only hinted at when Ik allegedly said that men who disappear are assumed to have just walked away from their lives. This interview statement, whenever it was, was not publicly released, so I can't evaluate its context or truth value.

    If women were raped and then killed, what was the plan for men? Robbery, torture, what? In terms of the couples it seems like he intended the men to watch/listen while their mates were attacked, then to kill the women in front of the men and then kill the men. I'm not sure if he ever got to fulfill this fantasy, seems like the men spoiled the plan both times we know about. (If, in fact, there was a Washington couple at all.)

    As for admitting to raping Mrs. Currier, and Samantha for that matter, I don't know why he went into non-provable detail that was so repellant. For example, Samantha's body, dismembered and submerged for a month, would not have forensically revealed, probably, rape or torture. Similarly, LC's body, even if still in the basement of the house, was apparently doused in drano and decomposing for a year.

    So I, too, am curious why he would reveal sordid/humiliating details about sexual deviance. Could he not have claimed to accidentally or humanely kill both women without admitting to raping/beating them? In addition, although we don't have the full-detail confession tapes for either event, references to those in other interviews tells us that he described their psychological torture and terrorization as he kept them alive for hours. Given that those were the exact details he was so anxious about *ever* being revealed publicly, why not admit to the barest of provable facts about the murders? In fact, we have only his own words about what happened in the hours between the abductions and murders; none of it can be forensically substantiated or was witnessed. Was that level of detail provided to ensure the death penalty? Is it true? If we doubt some of his statements, why is it we would unquestioningly believe his account of the attacks, beyond what can be independently substantiated? If we believe his detailed accounts of the murders that actually occurred, don't we also have to believe other, unproven statements?

    ALSO, p.s. -- every time I type a reply and go to post it, I get logged out and the writing disappears. So frustrating! How does one stay logged in??

  7. #52
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    over the rainbow
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by cynar View Post
    ALSO, p.s. -- every time I type a reply and go to post it, I get logged out and the writing disappears. So frustrating! How does one stay logged in??
    Click the little box labelled "Remember me" beside your user name. That will keep you logged in. Also, just as a safeguard on big posts, I will sometimes copy it before I try to post it, just in case it goes *poof*.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    19,101
    Is there any reason to think that IK may have sexually assaulted males or wished to, but " hid " behind " needless "admissions of molesting females?

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Lufkin Texas
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by digndoodle View Post
    Hello Bullshark, if I am remembering correctly he has 1 brother, 3 sisters and his Mom that belong to this church....Personally I do not know about it being called a cult, I know they must live much like the Amish because where they was located became to populated by subdivisions, therefore they sought out another isolated location and that being in Wells Texas, I'm sure they live off the land since on the church website, the 2 sisters are doing well making home-made soap of various scents, personally I would not call it a cult, I have read the website and some beliefs are such as mine as far as being saved and being baptized but from there I feel like they have similar beliefs of the Amish in not partaking in things of the world, keeping to themselves, no outside communication and etc.

    But Keyes has 3 brothers that seem like really nice men...<modsnip>
    There is a lot of controversy surrounding the church at this time. Two years ago they refused to call 911 for an infant and prayed over it instead and the baby eventually passed. Also at this time there are several families that have came to wells wanting to speak to their child who quit their life and joined this church. A few former members have shown up describing the cult like behavior and environment

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Lufkin Texas
    Posts
    78


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    19,101
    From the second article, this bit was either really funny ha ha, or kind of creepy.
    Wondering if night time cycling helped introduce IK to spying on people and invading the privacy and the sanctity of home?


    ""They ride their bikes all throughout the night. They're strange."

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    19,101
    IK spoke of wanting to protect his family and I wondered if IK might have given more info. if that `weakness`was exploited.
    It certainly worked with Russell Williams..
    bbm.
    http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/20.../15758676.html

    I don’t think you want the cold-blooded psychopath option,” the detective continued. “I’ve met guys who enjoyed the notoriety, who got off on having that label. (Paul) Bernardo being one. I don’t see that in you.”

    More questioning. More silence. As the trap slowly snapped shut.

    “It’s hard to believe this is happening,” the cornered Williams marvelled after another lengthy pause.

    Because he believed he could outsmart them all.

    It was the thought of his wife that finally broke him. He’d shown not an ounce of emotion as he raped and murdered two women, as he degraded them and tortured them, but he grew teary-eyed at the thought of his wife and her beautiful dream house ransacked with a police search warrant.

    “I’m struggling with how upset my wife is right now. I’m concerned that they’re tearing apart my wife’s brand new house,”
    he said to gasps of disgust from friends and relatives of his victims``

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rocky Top Tennessee
    Posts
    417
    Thanks for all the info. on the church, I had not seen any of the articles posted...I was only going by what the Elder stated or told when they were preparing for Keyes funeral and NO....this is not in anyway like my belief....I had to sit her and chuckle at my own self when I posted I didn't notice much difference in my beliefs...but this was only in 2 things....SORRY I truly had not read the other articles on the church

    and dotr...I agree 100% this to me is just totally creepy..it is not funny to me..but so creepy and U could be correct, any person that chooses to ride a bicycle late at night would have no respect of anyone's privacy nor sanctity of home life at all and as the old saying goes "children learn what they see" perhaps this could have been a tradition in this home???

    HELP NEEDED:
    I am having problems also, it will not let me quote and when it does it comes up with a totally different person than who I am trying to post back too, also I had a huge problem logging in....so much so that I had to wait the 15 minutes because I put in my user name and correct password, but it would not accept it at all, I went through this about 2 weeks ago and could not log in for about 3 days straight and that was helped only by me contacting someone here and they reset the password from this site...Can anyone advise me as to what is happening here???
    Last edited by digndoodle; 09-13-2013 at 12:07 AM. Reason: adding words

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wolfscratch Wilderness/North GA
    Posts
    8,820
    Irony: (Thomas Crane Wales...Seattle Washington....October 11, 2001)

    Gary Ridgeway; green river serial killer was arrested on November 30, 2001, as he was leaving the Renton, Washington, Kenworth truck factory where he worked. GR was initially arrested for the murders of four women whose cases were linked to him through DNA evidence. GR was identified due to DNA technology upgrades after over 2 decades of being considered a primary suspect & passing 2 polygraphs in the early 80s..There were over 4,000 POIs & Suspects raked over the coals by the Green River Task Force..

    GR was later convicted for the murder of 49 women but admitted to over 70 total(actual number unknown-GR's plea agreement was for WA murders only. He was also suspected of dumping victims in Oregon). He strangled the women, usually with his arm but sometimes using ligatures.. Said it was much easier with a ligature..

    Imo, y'all are doing a helluva job at locating possible unknown victims of malignant sadistic serial killer Israel Keyes.. Do ya ever sleep?

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rocky Top Tennessee
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    Irony: (Thomas Crane Wales...Seattle Washington....October 11, 2001)

    Gary Ridgeway; green river serial killer was arrested on November 30, 2001, as he was leaving the Renton, Washington, Kenworth truck factory where he worked. GR was initially arrested for the murders of four women whose cases were linked to him through DNA evidence. GR was identified due to DNA technology upgrades after over 2 decades of being considered a primary suspect & passing 2 polygraphs in the early 80s..There were over 4,000 POIs & Suspects raked over the coals by the Green River Task Force..

    GR was later convicted for the murder of 49 women but admitted to over 70 total(actual number unknown-GR's plea agreement was for WA murders only. He was also suspected of dumping victims in Oregon). He strangled the women, usually with his arm but sometimes using ligatures.. Said it was much easier with a ligature..

    Imo, y'all are doing a helluva job at locating possible unknown victims of malignant sadistic serial killer Israel Keyes.. Do ya ever sleep?

    Foxfire, Yes I do sleep...ha ha ha, but this case really grabbed me inside for some unknown reason....I have tried to follow since the 1st day they released his photo before they knew Samantha was deceased plus I lost both my Husband and Mom a few months ago, so this has sure passed away a lot of lonely hours for me and I have to say by reading various cases I grew very curious about all the various things that lays in any serial killer mind and thoughts, had never really gave it a thought but each one seems to have a slight varation in the MO or in the thinking how to do a crime.........I will say in my thought process they are not human at all, Yes they have bodies, eyes, hands and etc...but definitely No Soul what so ever and I feel that is why they seem to always have a cold distant look through the eyes and of course their brain to me could never be functioning as a human being does...I don't know if anyone will ever find if they are born with a defect or if it is simply perhaps that traumatized them in some way during the early childhood years (and I do not mean in any way parents are responsible)....I am a simple woman, so I have to weigh my thoughts out simple....I have always heard my Mom say "Kids learn and do as they see".....that when thought about can get very complex to me in some ways....Is it that as a baby perhaps they were never held, cuddled or had human touch that doctors always say a baby needs in the 1st weeks of life???I make that statement because I have read about foreign countries have so many orphaned children sometimes they just more or less throw them in a bed, never holding them, let them cry for hours on end, not fed properly, nor have a diaper change....Most kids that go through this is said to grow and become detached of the world around them and they HATE the human touch as they might get when growing up in years, and often they turn out to be very agressive yet withdrawn from society, often seen as loners and I feel this happens very early in life....I can't imagine being a baby and cry, wearing dirty diapers, hungry but no-one will come to help me....I think this is what caused the aggressiveness in those kids so it makes me think maybe a serial killer was somehow neglected in the very early weeks of their life............but Oh welll, this is all my thinking out loud

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Israel Keyes...and cemeteries
    By Backwoods in forum Israel Keyes
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-28-2017, 09:13 PM
  2. Israel Keyes Media Thread **NO DISCUSSION**
    By bessie in forum Israel Keyes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-06-2015, 06:26 PM
  3. Israel Keyes Maps and Photos **NO DISCUSSION**
    By bessie in forum Israel Keyes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-06-2014, 05:43 PM
  4. Israel Keyes Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*
    By GGE in forum Israel Keyes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-04-2013, 08:45 PM
  5. AK, NY Israel Keyes - Who are all of his victims???
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Israel Keyes
    Replies: 1200
    Last Post: 09-02-2013, 12:58 PM

Tags for this Thread