801 users online (118 members and 683 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    29,857

    Possible Sightings

    If you think you encountered Israel Keyes, post about it here. Include dates and location, and a physical description. Also include details about the person's demeanor and actions.


    Last edited by bessie; 09-02-2013 at 03:46 AM.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    64
    I believe that my husband and i may have encountered Keyes on the morning of June 4th or 5th 2011. We live in Essex Jct Vt and were working in our garden that is part of a community garden, when we were approached by a man with a back pack and a heavy jacket. He asked if we needed help with the garden and said that he was staying with his aunt who lived near by and that he had been "down on his luck". He talked for about five minutes and left. My husband remarked that there was something about the guy that made him uncomfortable. A few days later we heard the Curriers were missing. My husband immediately said "Its the guy from the garden" Several months late Keyes' picture was posted in connection to the Curriers and he said again he looks the the guy from the garden. He was right he did look like the same guy. I know it was said that he arrived here on June 7th but we wonder if LE are sure that is when he did arrive or is that just when he checked into Handys. The Curriers lived close by. The garden is in an old tree farm that is somewhat isolated. There was another person in the garden but we are unsure if he was there when we talked to the man. On the other side of the "tree farm" is RT 15 then a park that would lead to where the Curriers lived. We both really believe that it was him and he was here before the 7th. We did contact the FBI and haven't heard anything so maybe they do have proof that he wasn't here then. Sorry if I rambled but I'm kind of freaked that we could have been victims.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    64
    He did ask where we live and my husband had the sense not to tell him, out yard borders the garden area. Handy's is the hotel he stayed at both times he was here in 2009 and 2011.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    64
    The weather here can be unpredictable here. A heavy jacket usually necessary. I believe it was in the hi 40's early on. He also had a hoodie underneath and his back pack was full. The direction he came from could have been from where he had left his kill stash.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    64
    I don't remember him asking if we had children or dog (we have grown and grandchild live out of the area, we do have a dog, a pug which I have seen pictured with him) he did ask where we lived, he told us he was staying with an aunt that lived near by. My husband was bother by the way he seemed to be approaching me so he stepped between us. He kind of smirked at my husband. Also the way he was dressed was out of place. Winter jacket with a hoodie underneath, zipped way up and a backpack the was stuffed full. We can't remember much more as it has been around a year and a half since then.
    He asked if we needed help and that he liked gardening and had done a lot of it. If he didn't grow up Amish he mostly likely would know a lot about gardening.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,232
    http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfa..._figure_ou.php

    If You Spotted Serial Killer Israel Keyes in North Texas Last February, the FBI Would Like to Speak with You

    ...

    The FBI's Dallas office sent out an alert this afternoon seeking information about what Keyes' activities as he passed through through Dallas and Glen Rose areas between February 12 and 16.

    Keyes admitted that he traveled through Azle, Aledo, and Cleburne during that period. Investigators think his rental vehicle, a 2011 Kia Soul, might have become
    stuck in a muddy, rural area outside Cleburne. They also think he stopped by the Post Oak Cemetery near Glen Rose.

    The FBI wants to talk to anyone who saw Keyes or his vehicle during that time. Anyone with info can call the easy-to-remember 1-800-CALL-FBI...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    over the rainbow
    Posts
    238
    I believe my husband and I ‘ran into’ Israel Keyes on the Arethusa Falls trail in Crawford Notch, NH sometime between 2008 and 2010.

    http://www.hikenewengland.com/Arethusa090221.html

    I have contacted the FBI with my information and have heard nothing so in the interest of hopefully adding useful information and ultimately finding more victims this is my story.

    We were out hiking on a nice day in New Hampshire and the day stands out because of this incident. We made our way up to the falls, snapped a couple of photos and started working our way back. Due to the traffic on the trail we decided to take the Bemis trail back. Not far back to the trailhead a man walks up to us, heading towards the falls, wanting to know if our Boston terrier was a pug. I squatted down to control our dogs and he and my husband chatted. He gave me a very bad feeling, and I didn’t like him being between us and the trailhead so I started working my way past him, which he didn’t seem to like. I noticed he was wearing tan shorts, a black t-shirt, black army type boots with black socks and was carrying a big, black backpack. The most disconcerting thing however was what appeared to be a pistol at his waist covered with a tan hand towel. He had short curly dark hair and the smoothest, hair free skin I have ever seen. He made every hair on my body stand up and scream “RUN!”. I worked my way around him, which made him declare me unfriendly, and we started walking briskly for the parking area.

    I was shaken up and talked about it for days to everyone in earshot but eventually that faded away. Until the Curriers came up and I started talking about this guy again to the hubby, which is when he mentions seeing him at the falls before we saw him on the trail! So I dug up the photos and well……you be the judge.



    Compared to his arrest photo from here: http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/a...ller-Ted-Bundy


    (photo by KTRE-TV 9, Lufkin, Texas)

    Our original photo - by Lucky's DH:


    Unfortunately, we never set the date/time on the camera so I have no way to know for sure if this was during one of his trips.

    The fact that he was at the falls when we were means he went back down Arethusa Falls trail and intercepted us on Bemis Brook – the far quieter leg and just before the parking area. I have to wonder if he was going to force us back to the parking area or shoot us there on the trail. He may well have followed us home……..

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    small town in Alabama
    Posts
    3
    Hi, well I am not sure if encountered Isarel Keyes or not. I had saw something mentioned about him a few months ago, but I thought he was from Alaska and all of his murders happened in Alaska. Well last week I saw HLN and I saw his picture I immediately thought that he looked like the man I had a terrifying encounter with in February 2012. I have done a little research and at this point I am still not sure. It all hinges on where he was at on February 19, 2012.
    That was the date of my terrifying experience If he was back in Alaska on that date, then it could not be him but if he was still in the LA area, then it could have possibly been him. I had contacted the facebook page "Have you ever met Isarel Keyes" and asked if someone knew and if his hair was long or short on that date. No one ever replied, so I still don't know, but here is my encounter, and even if it wasn't him, I still believe it was either a serial killer or a serial killer in the making.

    February 20th, 2012 was President's Day and my 7 year old twins and I went to the beach in Fort Morgan, AL that weekend. I had never been in February before and had never been to the Fort Morgan area. It was very quiet and nice. Most of the people there were elderly. On Friday when we got there it was late so we didn't go to the beach. We stayed in a 1 bedroom condo, and my husband ended up not being able to come with us due to having to get back to work on Monday. So it was a girl trip. My girls love to sand crab hunt and so I promised them we would. Saturday was cool and we played at the beach but that afternoon it started raining and rained all night long. A cold front had moved in so on Sunday the 19th, it was freezing down there. We had went shopping and I had gotten some hooded sweatshirts on sale, so that Sunday night the 19th, we went out to crab hunt.

    Well aparantly sand crabs hibernate for the winter. We couldn't find any. In hindsight, I could kick myself. We were the only people on the whole beach. It was so so so dark due to clouds, no stars or moon. When we were walking with the flashlights we saw one person jogging but were almost on top of them before we saw them. I had flashlights and crab nets and that was it. No cell phone or weapon of any kind to protect myself. A lady with 7 year old twin girls, but I wasn't the least bit afraid. Well after we walked the beach for a while, and decided the sand crabs weren't coming out the girls came up with a game, where they would get as close to the water as they could and then run as fast as they could before the waves hit them. This was a fun game that we were playing. Then out of the corner of my eye I could see a man walking toward us. He was dressed in total black but had 2 red stripes on each collar of his jacket. But the rest of him was total black. I am not sure how I even seen him, I guess my guardian angel was helping me greatly that night. Well as I see him walking toward us, I get nervous but he is still a good distance away. So I tell the girls we need to start heading in. We start walking back along the beach to our condo. Well he keeps walking towards us. I am getting the sense we are in trouble. It was so cold no one was out on their balcony and if I screamed no one would hear anything because the wind was so high that night. So as we are about to walk up to our condo which was still a long walk, he got within probably 10 yards from us and stopped and stood perfectly still. That is when I figured out, that he didn't know I saw him. My heart was racing trying to figure out what to do, and my girls had no idea we were in trouble. I bent down and told my girls that I wanted them to run as fast and as crazy as they could to the walking bridge over the sand dunes and don't stop until I get there. So all of the sudden they took off running. They are very fast, as they compete and win races in our area, and the sand was still wet from the rain so they seemed to glide on top of it. I said out loud to this man as I shone my light on him "You will have to kill me first". I think our reaction was not something he expected so he ended up not doing any. He was watching my daughters at the time and never looked at me directly. So I ran behind them, trying to keep myself between him and my girls. I turned around once and he was still there, but when I turned the second time, I couldn't find him anywhere. So I panicked. He probably got out of there as fast as he could but I didn't know where he was, so we all ran on the bridge and as fast as we could inside the building. My girls thought the whole time that we were playing a game. In hindsight, I should have told the people I saw when we got in the building, but I was so stunned and scared, I wanted to get to my room as fast as possible. We had a security guard at the entrance to the condos but I wasn't going outside to tell them. I looked for the number in my room but couldn't find one. It was also important to me to not terrify my girls. I thought about calling 911 but what was I going to report? He actually hadn't done anything illegal and now was gone so they weren't going to find him.

    As we got in the building, one of my girls said who was that man that was just standing there staring at us. I told them I didn't know. The next day on the way home, I told them that I thought he was an evil man that was trying to hurt one of us. I don't want to terrify them but I also think it was a teachable moment, and they should know the dangers.
    All I could do that night was climb in bed and hold onto my girls for dear life. I knew I was so lucky that I could still hold both of them. I had been sleeping on the roll out bed but that I night I slept in the middle, at least what little sleep I got. At the time, I always thought this predator was after one of my girls, but if it was in fact Isarel Keyes, I could be wrong he could have been after me. The man was tall and slender and had short dark curly hair the best I could tell when I put my light on him. When I was finally able to tell my husband when I got home, I cried and cried and cried. I had felt so stupid for not being more careful about going to the beach in those conditions. I know how lucky I was. I told him also, this guy is a serial killer and it was an opportunity to have a lady and 2 kids on the beach. I don't think he was stalking us but it was just timing that put us in the circumstance. For several months after we got home, I would check the news down there to see if anyone was missing or kidnapped but nothing ever came out, so I wondered if this person just also happened to be down there that weekend too but he wasn't from the area. Mobile which is close also celebrates Mardi Gras and there were many parades earlier that day. So my predator could have been there for the celebration. Like I said, it all hinges on where Isarel Keyes was at that weekend on whether that could possibly be him or not. It was an evil evil man no matter what.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rocky Top Tennessee
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by GiGi Sleuth View Post
    Hi, well I am not sure if encountered Isarel Keyes or not. I had saw something mentioned about him a few months ago, but I thought he was from Alaska and all of his murders happened in Alaska. Well last week I saw HLN and I saw his picture I immediately thought that he looked like the man I had a terrifying encounter with in February 2012. I have done a little research and at this point I am still not sure. It all hinges on where he was at on February 19, 2012.
    That was the date of my terrifying experience If he was back in Alaska on that date, then it could not be him but if he was still in the LA area, then it could have possibly been him. I had contacted the facebook page "Have you ever met Isarel Keyes" and asked if someone knew and if his hair was long or short on that date. No one ever replied, so I still don't know, but here is my encounter, and even if it wasn't him, I still believe it was either a serial killer or a serial killer in the making.

    February 20th, 2012 was President's Day and my 7 year old twins and I went to the beach in Fort Morgan, AL that weekend. I had never been in February before and had never been to the Fort Morgan area. It was very quiet and nice. Most of the people there were elderly. On Friday when we got there it was late so we didn't go to the beach. We stayed in a 1 bedroom condo, and my husband ended up not being able to come with us due to having to get back to work on Monday. So it was a girl trip. My girls love to sand crab hunt and so I promised them we would. Saturday was cool and we played at the beach but that afternoon it started raining and rained all night long. A cold front had moved in so on Sunday the 19th, it was freezing down there. We had went shopping and I had gotten some hooded sweatshirts on sale, so that Sunday night the 19th, we went out to crab hunt.

    Well aparantly sand crabs hibernate for the winter. We couldn't find any. In hindsight, I could kick myself. We were the only people on the whole beach. It was so so so dark due to clouds, no stars or moon. When we were walking with the flashlights we saw one person jogging but were almost on top of them before we saw them. I had flashlights and crab nets and that was it. No cell phone or weapon of any kind to protect myself. A lady with 7 year old twin girls, but I wasn't the least bit afraid. Well after we walked the beach for a while, and decided the sand crabs weren't coming out the girls came up with a game, where they would get as close to the water as they could and then run as fast as they could before the waves hit them. This was a fun game that we were playing. Then out of the corner of my eye I could see a man walking toward us. He was dressed in total black but had 2 red stripes on each collar of his jacket. But the rest of him was total black. I am not sure how I even seen him, I guess my guardian angel was helping me greatly that night. Well as I see him walking toward us, I get nervous but he is still a good distance away. So I tell the girls we need to start heading in. We start walking back along the beach to our condo. Well he keeps walking towards us. I am getting the sense we are in trouble. It was so cold no one was out on their balcony and if I screamed no one would hear anything because the wind was so high that night. So as we are about to walk up to our condo which was still a long walk, he got within probably 10 yards from us and stopped and stood perfectly still. That is when I figured out, that he didn't know I saw him. My heart was racing trying to figure out what to do, and my girls had no idea we were in trouble. I bent down and told my girls that I wanted them to run as fast and as crazy as they could to the walking bridge over the sand dunes and don't stop until I get there. So all of the sudden they took off running. They are very fast, as they compete and win races in our area, and the sand was still wet from the rain so they seemed to glide on top of it. I said out loud to this man as I shone my light on him "You will have to kill me first". I think our reaction was not something he expected so he ended up not doing any. He was watching my daughters at the time and never looked at me directly. So I ran behind them, trying to keep myself between him and my girls. I turned around once and he was still there, but when I turned the second time, I couldn't find him anywhere. So I panicked. He probably got out of there as fast as he could but I didn't know where he was, so we all ran on the bridge and as fast as we could inside the building. My girls thought the whole time that we were playing a game. In hindsight, I should have told the people I saw when we got in the building, but I was so stunned and scared, I wanted to get to my room as fast as possible. We had a security guard at the entrance to the condos but I wasn't going outside to tell them. I looked for the number in my room but couldn't find one. It was also important to me to not terrify my girls. I thought about calling 911 but what was I going to report? He actually hadn't done anything illegal and now was gone so they weren't going to find him.

    As we got in the building, one of my girls said who was that man that was just standing there staring at us. I told them I didn't know. The next day on the way home, I told them that I thought he was an evil man that was trying to hurt one of us. I don't want to terrify them but I also think it was a teachable moment, and they should know the dangers.
    All I could do that night was climb in bed and hold onto my girls for dear life. I knew I was so lucky that I could still hold both of them. I had been sleeping on the roll out bed but that I night I slept in the middle, at least what little sleep I got. At the time, I always thought this predator was after one of my girls, but if it was in fact Isarel Keyes, I could be wrong he could have been after me. The man was tall and slender and had short dark curly hair the best I could tell when I put my light on him. When I was finally able to tell my husband when I got home, I cried and cried and cried. I had felt so stupid for not being more careful about going to the beach in those conditions. I know how lucky I was. I told him also, this guy is a serial killer and it was an opportunity to have a lady and 2 kids on the beach. I don't think he was stalking us but it was just timing that put us in the circumstance. For several months after we got home, I would check the news down there to see if anyone was missing or kidnapped but nothing ever came out, so I wondered if this person just also happened to be down there that weekend too but he wasn't from the area. Mobile which is close also celebrates Mardi Gras and there were many parades earlier that day. So my predator could have been there for the celebration. Like I said, it all hinges on where Isarel Keyes was at that weekend on whether that could possibly be him or not. It was an evil evil man no matter what.

    2/1/2012: Anchorage, AK
    Sam Koenig was kidnapped and murdered

    2/2/2012: Anchorage, AK to Houston, TX
    Flew from Anchorage, AK to Houston, TX on 2/2/2012.
    Rented vehicle and drove 2,847 miles

    abt. 2/3 - 15, 2012: Cruise
    went on a pre-planned two week cruise out of New Orleans

    2/?/2012: Aledo, TX
    burned a house down

    2/16/2012: Azle, TX
    robbed a bank in Azle, TX

    2/17/2012: left Houston, TX

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by digndoodle View Post
    2/1/2012: Anchorage, AK
    Sam Koenig was kidnapped and murdered

    2/2/2012: Anchorage, AK to Houston, TX
    Flew from Anchorage, AK to Houston, TX on 2/2/2012.
    Rented vehicle and drove 2,847 miles

    abt. 2/3 - 15, 2012: Cruise
    went on a pre-planned two week cruise out of New Orleans

    2/?/2012: Aledo, TX
    burned a house down

    2/16/2012: Azle, TX
    robbed a bank in Azle, TX

    2/17/2012: left Houston, TX

    I think we all thought that Keyes went on a two week cruise because that's what was reported early on. The latest from the FBI is that the cruise was February 6-11. http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2013...keyes-timeline

    The Aledo arson was in the am on Feb 16, 2012. http://www.alaskadispatch.com/sites/...%20release.pdf


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rocky Top Tennessee
    Posts
    417

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by saba View Post
    I think we all thought that Keyes went on a two week cruise because that's what was reported early on. The latest from the FBI is that the cruise was February 6-11. http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2013...keyes-timeline

    The Aledo arson was in the am on Feb 16, 2012. http://www.alaskadispatch.com/sites/...%20release.pdf
    You are correct saba, geezzzeee these timelines gets confusing to me each time they release more....Thanks for correcting me



Similar Threads

  1. Vehicle Sightings
    By bessie in forum Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-27-2015, 02:35 AM
  2. Possible Kyron Sightings
    By BeanE in forum Kyron Horman
    Replies: 219
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 03:39 PM