Possible Sightings

I believe that my husband and i may have encountered Keyes on the morning of June 4th or 5th 2011. We live in Essex Jct Vt and were working in our garden that is part of a community garden, when we were approached by a man with a back pack and a heavy jacket. He asked if we needed help with the garden and said that he was staying with his aunt who lived near by and that he had been "down on his luck". He talked for about five minutes and left. My husband remarked that there was something about the guy that made him uncomfortable. A few days later we heard the Curriers were missing. My husband immediately said "Its the guy from the garden" Several months late Keyes' picture was posted in connection to the Curriers and he said again he looks the the guy from the garden. He was right he did look like the same guy. I know it was said that he arrived here on June 7th but we wonder if LE are sure that is when he did arrive or is that just when he checked into Handys. The Curriers lived close by. The garden is in an old tree farm that is somewhat isolated. There was another person in the garden but we are unsure if he was there when we talked to the man. On the other side of the "tree farm" is RT 15 then a park that would lead to where the Curriers lived. We both really believe that it was him and he was here before the 7th. We did contact the FBI and haven't heard anything so maybe they do have proof that he wasn't here then. Sorry if I rambled but I'm kind of freaked that we could have been victims.

The weather here can be unpredictable here. A heavy jacket usually necessary. I believe it was in the hi 40's early on. He also had a hoodie underneath and his back pack was full. The direction he came from could have been from where he had left his kill stash.

I don't remember him asking if we had children or dog (we have grown and grandchild live out of the area, we do have a dog, a pug which I have seen pictured with him) he did ask where we lived, he told us he was staying with an aunt that lived near by. My husband was bother by the way he seemed to be approaching me so he stepped between us. He kind of smirked at my husband. Also the way he was dressed was out of place. Winter jacket with a hoodie underneath, zipped way up and a backpack the was stuffed full. We can't remember much more as it has been around a year and a half since then.
He asked if we needed help and that he liked gardening and had done a lot of it. If he didn't grow up Amish he mostly likely would know a lot about gardening.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2013/01/the_fbi_is_trying_to_figure_ou.php

If You Spotted Serial Killer Israel Keyes in North Texas Last February, the FBI Would Like to Speak with You

The FBI's Dallas office sent out an alert this afternoon seeking information about what Keyes' activities as he passed through through Dallas and Glen Rose areas between February 12 and 16.

Keyes admitted that he traveled through Azle, Aledo, and Cleburne during that period. Investigators think his rental vehicle, a 2011 Kia Soul, might have become
stuck in a muddy, rural area outside Cleburne. They also think he stopped by the Post Oak Cemetery near Glen Rose.

The FBI wants to talk to anyone who saw Keyes or his vehicle during that time. Anyone with info can call the easy-to-remember 1-800-CALL-FBI...

I believe my husband and I ‘ran into’ Israel Keyes on the Arethusa Falls trail in Crawford Notch, NH sometime between 2008 and 2010.

http://www.hikenewengland.com/Arethusa090221.html

I have contacted the FBI with my information and have heard nothing so in the interest of hopefully adding useful information and ultimately finding more victims this is my story.

We were out hiking on a nice day in New Hampshire and the day stands out because of this incident. We made our way up to the falls, snapped a couple of photos and started working our way back. Due to the traffic on the trail we decided to take the Bemis trail back. Not far back to the trailhead a man walks up to us, heading towards the falls, wanting to know if our Boston terrier was a pug. I squatted down to control our dogs and he and my husband chatted. He gave me a very bad feeling, and I didn’t like him being between us and the trailhead so I started working my way past him, which he didn’t seem to like. I noticed he was wearing tan shorts, a black t-shirt, black army type boots with black socks and was carrying a big, black backpack. The most disconcerting thing however was what appeared to be a pistol at his waist covered with a tan hand towel. He had short curly dark hair and the smoothest, hair free skin I have ever seen. He made every hair on my body stand up and scream “RUN!”. I worked my way around him, which made him declare me unfriendly, and we started walking briskly for the parking area.

I was shaken up and talked about it for days to everyone in earshot but eventually that faded away. Until the Curriers came up and I started talking about this guy again to the hubby, which is when he mentions seeing him at the falls before we saw him on the trail! So I dug up the photos and well……you be the judge.

Compared to his arrest photo from here: http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20121209/NEWS02/312090023/SPECIAL-REPORT-When-the-killing-ended-The-capture-of-Israel-Keyes-Currier-Samantha-Koenig-Anchorage-Texas-Arizona-serial-killer-Ted-Bundy

(photo by KTRE-TV 9, Lufkin, Texas)

Our original photo - by Lucky's DH:

Unfortunately, we never set the date/time on the camera so I have no way to know for sure if this was during one of his trips.

The fact that he was at the falls when we were means he went back down Arethusa Falls trail and intercepted us on Bemis Brook – the far quieter leg and just before the parking area. I have to wonder if he was going to force us back to the parking area or shoot us there on the trail. He may well have followed us home……..

Hi, well I am not sure if encountered Isarel Keyes or not. I had saw something mentioned about him a few months ago, but I thought he was from Alaska and all of his murders happened in Alaska. Well last week I saw HLN and I saw his picture I immediately thought that he looked like the man I had a terrifying encounter with in February 2012. I have done a little research and at this point I am still not sure. It all hinges on where he was at on February 19, 2012.
That was the date of my terrifying experience If he was back in Alaska on that date, then it could not be him but if he was still in the LA area, then it could have possibly been him. I had contacted the facebook page "Have you ever met Isarel Keyes" and asked if someone knew and if his hair was long or short on that date. No one ever replied, so I still don't know, but here is my encounter, and even if it wasn't him, I still believe it was either a serial killer or a serial killer in the making.

February 20th, 2012 was President's Day and my 7 year old twins and I went to the beach in Fort Morgan, AL that weekend. I had never been in February before and had never been to the Fort Morgan area. It was very quiet and nice. Most of the people there were elderly. On Friday when we got there it was late so we didn't go to the beach. We stayed in a 1 bedroom condo, and my husband ended up not being able to come with us due to having to get back to work on Monday. So it was a girl trip. My girls love to sand crab hunt and so I promised them we would. Saturday was cool and we played at the beach but that afternoon it started raining and rained all night long. A cold front had moved in so on Sunday the 19th, it was freezing down there. We had went shopping and I had gotten some hooded sweatshirts on sale, so that Sunday night the 19th, we went out to crab hunt.

Well aparantly sand crabs hibernate for the winter. We couldn't find any. In hindsight, I could kick myself. We were the only people on the whole beach. It was so so so dark due to clouds, no stars or moon. When we were walking with the flashlights we saw one person jogging but were almost on top of them before we saw them. I had flashlights and crab nets and that was it. No cell phone or weapon of any kind to protect myself. A lady with 7 year old twin girls, but I wasn't the least bit afraid. Well after we walked the beach for a while, and decided the sand crabs weren't coming out the girls came up with a game, where they would get as close to the water as they could and then run as fast as they could before the waves hit them. This was a fun game that we were playing. Then out of the corner of my eye I could see a man walking toward us. He was dressed in total black but had 2 red stripes on each collar of his jacket. But the rest of him was total black. I am not sure how I even seen him, I guess my guardian angel was helping me greatly that night. Well as I see him walking toward us, I get nervous but he is still a good distance away. So I tell the girls we need to start heading in. We start walking back along the beach to our condo. Well he keeps walking towards us. I am getting the sense we are in trouble. It was so cold no one was out on their balcony and if I screamed no one would hear anything because the wind was so high that night. So as we are about to walk up to our condo which was still a long walk, he got within probably 10 yards from us and stopped and stood perfectly still. That is when I figured out, that he didn't know I saw him. My heart was racing trying to figure out what to do, and my girls had no idea we were in trouble. I bent down and told my girls that I wanted them to run as fast and as crazy as they could to the walking bridge over the sand dunes and don't stop until I get there. So all of the sudden they took off running. They are very fast, as they compete and win races in our area, and the sand was still wet from the rain so they seemed to glide on top of it. I said out loud to this man as I shone my light on him "You will have to kill me first". I think our reaction was not something he expected so he ended up not doing any. He was watching my daughters at the time and never looked at me directly. So I ran behind them, trying to keep myself between him and my girls. I turned around once and he was still there, but when I turned the second time, I couldn't find him anywhere. So I panicked. He probably got out of there as fast as he could but I didn't know where he was, so we all ran on the bridge and as fast as we could inside the building. My girls thought the whole time that we were playing a game. In hindsight, I should have told the people I saw when we got in the building, but I was so stunned and scared, I wanted to get to my room as fast as possible. We had a security guard at the entrance to the condos but I wasn't going outside to tell them. I looked for the number in my room but couldn't find one. It was also important to me to not terrify my girls. I thought about calling 911 but what was I going to report? He actually hadn't done anything illegal and now was gone so they weren't going to find him.

As we got in the building, one of my girls said who was that man that was just standing there staring at us. I told them I didn't know. The next day on the way home, I told them that I thought he was an evil man that was trying to hurt one of us. I don't want to terrify them but I also think it was a teachable moment, and they should know the dangers.
All I could do that night was climb in bed and hold onto my girls for dear life. I knew I was so lucky that I could still hold both of them. I had been sleeping on the roll out bed but that I night I slept in the middle, at least what little sleep I got. At the time, I always thought this predator was after one of my girls, but if it was in fact Isarel Keyes, I could be wrong he could have been after me. The man was tall and slender and had short dark curly hair the best I could tell when I put my light on him. When I was finally able to tell my husband when I got home, I cried and cried and cried. I had felt so stupid for not being more careful about going to the beach in those conditions. I know how lucky I was. I told him also, this guy is a serial killer and it was an opportunity to have a lady and 2 kids on the beach. I don't think he was stalking us but it was just timing that put us in the circumstance. For several months after we got home, I would check the news down there to see if anyone was missing or kidnapped but nothing ever came out, so I wondered if this person just also happened to be down there that weekend too but he wasn't from the area. Mobile which is close also celebrates Mardi Gras and there were many parades earlier that day. So my predator could have been there for the celebration. Like I said, it all hinges on where Isarel Keyes was at that weekend on whether that could possibly be him or not. It was an evil evil man no matter what.

Hi, well I am not sure if encountered Isarel Keyes or not. I had saw something mentioned about him a few months ago, but I thought he was from Alaska and all of his murders happened in Alaska. Well last week I saw HLN and I saw his picture I immediately thought that he looked like the man I had a terrifying encounter with in February 2012. I have done a little research and at this point I am still not sure. It all hinges on where he was at on February 19, 2012.
That was the date of my terrifying experience If he was back in Alaska on that date, then it could not be him but if he was still in the LA area, then it could have possibly been him. I had contacted the facebook page "Have you ever met Isarel Keyes" and asked if someone knew and if his hair was long or short on that date. No one ever replied, so I still don't know, but here is my encounter, and even if it wasn't him, I still believe it was either a serial killer or a serial killer in the making.

February 20th, 2012 was President's Day and my 7 year old twins and I went to the beach in Fort Morgan, AL that weekend. I had never been in February before and had never been to the Fort Morgan area. It was very quiet and nice. Most of the people there were elderly. On Friday when we got there it was late so we didn't go to the beach. We stayed in a 1 bedroom condo, and my husband ended up not being able to come with us due to having to get back to work on Monday. So it was a girl trip. My girls love to sand crab hunt and so I promised them we would. Saturday was cool and we played at the beach but that afternoon it started raining and rained all night long. A cold front had moved in so on Sunday the 19th, it was freezing down there. We had went shopping and I had gotten some hooded sweatshirts on sale, so that Sunday night the 19th, we went out to crab hunt.

Well aparantly sand crabs hibernate for the winter. We couldn't find any. In hindsight, I could kick myself. We were the only people on the whole beach. It was so so so dark due to clouds, no stars or moon. When we were walking with the flashlights we saw one person jogging but were almost on top of them before we saw them. I had flashlights and crab nets and that was it. No cell phone or weapon of any kind to protect myself. A lady with 7 year old twin girls, but I wasn't the least bit afraid. Well after we walked the beach for a while, and decided the sand crabs weren't coming out the girls came up with a game, where they would get as close to the water as they could and then run as fast as they could before the waves hit them. This was a fun game that we were playing. Then out of the corner of my eye I could see a man walking toward us. He was dressed in total black but had 2 red stripes on each collar of his jacket. But the rest of him was total black. I am not sure how I even seen him, I guess my guardian angel was helping me greatly that night. Well as I see him walking toward us, I get nervous but he is still a good distance away. So I tell the girls we need to start heading in. We start walking back along the beach to our condo. Well he keeps walking towards us. I am getting the sense we are in trouble. It was so cold no one was out on their balcony and if I screamed no one would hear anything because the wind was so high that night. So as we are about to walk up to our condo which was still a long walk, he got within probably 10 yards from us and stopped and stood perfectly still. That is when I figured out, that he didn't know I saw him. My heart was racing trying to figure out what to do, and my girls had no idea we were in trouble. I bent down and told my girls that I wanted them to run as fast and as crazy as they could to the walking bridge over the sand dunes and don't stop until I get there. So all of the sudden they took off running. They are very fast, as they compete and win races in our area, and the sand was still wet from the rain so they seemed to glide on top of it. I said out loud to this man as I shone my light on him "You will have to kill me first". I think our reaction was not something he expected so he ended up not doing any. He was watching my daughters at the time and never looked at me directly. So I ran behind them, trying to keep myself between him and my girls. I turned around once and he was still there, but when I turned the second time, I couldn't find him anywhere. So I panicked. He probably got out of there as fast as he could but I didn't know where he was, so we all ran on the bridge and as fast as we could inside the building. My girls thought the whole time that we were playing a game. In hindsight, I should have told the people I saw when we got in the building, but I was so stunned and scared, I wanted to get to my room as fast as possible. We had a security guard at the entrance to the condos but I wasn't going outside to tell them. I looked for the number in my room but couldn't find one. It was also important to me to not terrify my girls. I thought about calling 911 but what was I going to report? He actually hadn't done anything illegal and now was gone so they weren't going to find him.

As we got in the building, one of my girls said who was that man that was just standing there staring at us. I told them I didn't know. The next day on the way home, I told them that I thought he was an evil man that was trying to hurt one of us. I don't want to terrify them but I also think it was a teachable moment, and they should know the dangers.
All I could do that night was climb in bed and hold onto my girls for dear life. I knew I was so lucky that I could still hold both of them. I had been sleeping on the roll out bed but that I night I slept in the middle, at least what little sleep I got. At the time, I always thought this predator was after one of my girls, but if it was in fact Isarel Keyes, I could be wrong he could have been after me. The man was tall and slender and had short dark curly hair the best I could tell when I put my light on him. When I was finally able to tell my husband when I got home, I cried and cried and cried. I had felt so stupid for not being more careful about going to the beach in those conditions. I know how lucky I was. I told him also, this guy is a serial killer and it was an opportunity to have a lady and 2 kids on the beach. I don't think he was stalking us but it was just timing that put us in the circumstance. For several months after we got home, I would check the news down there to see if anyone was missing or kidnapped but nothing ever came out, so I wondered if this person just also happened to be down there that weekend too but he wasn't from the area. Mobile which is close also celebrates Mardi Gras and there were many parades earlier that day. So my predator could have been there for the celebration. Like I said, it all hinges on where Isarel Keyes was at that weekend on whether that could possibly be him or not. It was an evil evil man no matter what.

2/1/2012: Anchorage, AK
Sam Koenig was kidnapped and murdered

2/2/2012: Anchorage, AK to Houston, TX
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Houston, TX on 2/2/2012.
Rented vehicle and drove 2,847 miles

abt. 2/3 - 15, 2012: Cruise
went on a pre-planned two week cruise out of New Orleans

2/?/2012: Aledo, TX
burned a house down

2/16/2012: Azle, TX
robbed a bank in Azle, TX

2/17/2012: left Houston, TX

2/1/2012: Anchorage, AK
Sam Koenig was kidnapped and murdered

2/2/2012: Anchorage, AK to Houston, TX
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Houston, TX on 2/2/2012.
Rented vehicle and drove 2,847 miles

abt. 2/3 - 15, 2012: Cruise
went on a pre-planned two week cruise out of New Orleans

2/?/2012: Aledo, TX
burned a house down

2/16/2012: Azle, TX
robbed a bank in Azle, TX

2/17/2012: left Houston, TX

I think we all thought that Keyes went on a two week cruise because that's what was reported early on. The latest from the FBI is that the cruise was February 6-11. http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/201...released-in-serial-killer-case/keyes-timeline

The Aledo arson was in the am on Feb 16, 2012. http://www.alaskadispatch.com/sites/default/files/Keyes Timeline press release.pdf

I think we all thought that Keyes went on a two week cruise because that's what was reported early on. The latest from the FBI is that the cruise was February 6-11. http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/201...released-in-serial-killer-case/keyes-timeline

The Aledo arson was in the am on Feb 16, 2012. http://www.alaskadispatch.com/sites/default/files/Keyes Timeline press release.pdf

You are correct saba, geezzzeee these timelines gets confusing to me each time they release more....Thanks for correcting me

anymore stories of possible sightings you guys have heard of? encounters?

Someone posted this in the comments section under the Dark Minds doc on Youtube. I believe it is a possibility. I checked the guy's name and he does have a business involving wood foundations and a facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Permanent-Wood-Foundation-1490738244480444/

It is easy to install a PWF yourself with our design service. Save about 50% if you install your own basement.

Roscoe (last name left out of this post intentionally):
I met Mr. I Keyes back in 2006 for a basement inspection in the South West part of Michigan.He said a week before he was in construction and wanted to know more about Wood foundations.He was moving to Michigan and the house he and his wife and child would move to had a wood foundation so this house had not sold for a very long time.The house was hard to find so I was to meet him at a corner and follow him to the farm. No one lived there for years he said.
He call with a unheated number and would give no contact information when ask.He would pay for the inspection on case at the house.I felt uneasy with his actions to many many questions but the meeting time and day was set.He sounded about age 30 or so.I ask two of my neighboors to come along that Saturday for a three hour drive to the corner store to meet for instructions.We got there and no Mrs Keyes.The only person we seen come in to the driveway was a man to used the pay phone but he did not.
Just as we was getting ready to leave, the park car drive up and row his window down. I ask if he is the person for the basement inspection. He said stop, do not come any closer. He said, quickly follow me. And we did.The house was five minutes away.After thirty minutes of driving he stop to the side of the raod. We pull behine him a weight. Four minutes goes by so I go to the driver side of his rented car.He lower the window and said, I change my mind and quickey drive off.I never got paid and drove three hours back home.
Three years ago I see his picture in the paper and now understand what all most happen.I talk to Mr Keyes for about four hours by phone a week before the inspection. Now I understand his odd way of talking.ThanksRoscoeMichigan

Southwest Michigan is close to Indiana, where Keyes had family and visited. Per the FBI timeline, he was in IN in 2007, is it possible that Roscoe mixed up his dates???? Don't know if he contacted the FBI

I believe I saw him around the same time he kidnapped Samantha Koeing in Anchorage AK. I was working as a Barista at a Starbucks late at night, not far from where she was taken. Actually on the same road, maybe half a mile away. I remember him because usually the only people who came into my Starbucks that late were regulars and homeless guys looking for somewhere warm to sit. He stood out to me because he was neither, and I am a very paranoid and anxious person, so my spidey senses started tingling immediately. I remember hearing about her abduction, it was HUGE news in Alaska, and racking my brain for anything suspicious I encountered during that time. I remembered him, along with several other people who stood out in my memory, so I wasn't about to call in to the cops and say hey I saw a guy 2 weeks ago that gave me the heebiy geebies. I was working the same night that she was taken, I didn't see him though. I only saw him the one time, and I will never forget it. It was that experience that sparked my interest in true crime. It helps me deal with my anxiety and fear. Kind of like how Batman is afraid of bats so he did everything he could to get closer to them to take away the fear. I could have just as easily been the one he chose to take, instead of Sam. We worked the same job, in the same area, at the same time, we even kind of looked alike. Its pretty sobering to think about. This was some time in late January I believe.

Last edited:
He didn't smile at me, which I thought was strange, people in Alaska smile back at each other. He looked dirty, not like ' living on the streets dirty' more like working all day outside dirty. He had a dark colored heavy coat on and brown Carhart work pants. I remember thinking his skin looked weird, I cant remember exactly why, it wasn't because of acne or scars or anything, I think it was more that he looked plastic, almost fake? I remember he didn't stay long, which I also thought was weird. We had a drive through, it was late and super cold. Why come inside a Starbucks, walking through horribly cold weather, late at night, just to leave 5 min later? Any way, I remember him pretty clearly

I don't remember him asking if we had children or dog (we have grown and grandchild live out of the area, we do have a dog, a pug which I have seen pictured with him) he did ask where we lived, he told us he was staying with an aunt that lived near by. My husband was bother by the way he seemed to be approaching me so he stepped between us. He kind of smirked at my husband. Also the way he was dressed was out of place. Winter jacket with a hoodie underneath, zipped way up and a backpack the was stuffed full. We can't remember much more as it has been around a year and a half since then.
He asked if we needed help and that he liked gardening and had done a lot of it. If he didn't grow up Amish he mostly likely would know a lot about gardening.

What does growing up Amish have to do with knowing about gardening? Virtually everyone in the south has been in contact with a garden at some point.

He had short curly dark hair and the smoothest, hair free skin I have ever seen. He made every hair on my body stand up and scream “RUN!”.

I remember thinking his skin looked weird, I cant remember exactly why, it wasn't because of acne or scars or anything, I think it was more that he looked plastic, almost fake?

Ohhh man, this gave me chills.

He had short curly dark hair and the smoothest, hair free skin I have ever seen. He made every hair on my body stand up and scream “RUN!”.

I remember thinking his skin looked weird, I cant remember exactly why, it wasn't because of acne or scars or anything, I think it was more that he looked plastic, almost fake?

This is very creepy. Maybe he shaved his body to minimise any potential DNA left at the scene?

Okay, this is tough to write about because I am only now realizing (some 15 years later) that a strange interaction I had with a man in Everett, WA (circa 2005-2007) could have been him.

For some background information, this possible sighting happened at Everett Community College, which has developed quite a bit since the years I attended (2005 - 2007). I was attending through a dual enrollment program, between the ages of 15 and 17, as a way of finishing high school and getting college credit at the same time.

It was a pretty small school with old buildings and a couple little gazebos or "smoking shacks" set up as designated smoking areas around the school.

The only reason I even think of this interaction as possibly significant is because the man's name was Israel and because he said "my parents are hippies" which is a statement apparently that Israel Keyes used to explain his name on more than one occasion (according to TCBS). Hearing that phrase really struck me and shook something loose in my memory:

My memory is foggy on the man's appearance. He looked in his late 20s/early 30s and had kind of a "welder" look to him (I was working for the student newspaper which was located in the same building as the welding department). He was quite a bit taller than me, but I'm 5' 7" so who knows.

Anyway, this man was in the smoking shack at the school, the one closest to the parking lot and the student union building (which had a small cafeteria, restrooms, vending machines, etc...).

I was underage, but had started smoking cigarettes to fit in with my older friends at the college. I obviously couldn't buy my own cigarettes and would often bum them from people at the smoking shack... and that day I asked to bum a cigarette from that man.

I asked him his name and he told me it was "Israel." I thought it was a cool name. He said: "Yeah, my parents were hippies." I remember he asked me about my parents, so I told him my mom was born in the 70s and was a bit too young to be a real "hippie." I also distinctly remember telling him about a girl I knew named "Dream River" and kind of teasing him that Israel wasn't a very hippie name by comparison. At some point he asked me if I wanted to go drink with him somewhere (I think he said in his car, but again this is a very old memory and this may be getting muddled).

There was kind of the vibe that he wanted to do more than just drink. I was still young and although it wasn't uncommon for guys at the college to flirt with/hit on me, I was still quite shy and just a teenager, with a very strict Catholic mom (smoking was the most rebellious thing I was doing at that age). Usually if I told these guys I was underage they would back off. So I told this man my age and I distinctly remember him saying "So?" Kind of like he didn't care about supplying an underage girl with alcohol and (presumably) trying to do other things.

It gave me a creeped out feeling. He was older than most of the students there who are usually 18-21 years old. I was done with the cigarette, so I said bye and went back to my newspaper office.

This could obviously be anyone. It might not be Keyes. It's only because I heard of that phrase "my parents were hippies" in the podcast that I considered the possibility at all. All these years it has just been a vague memory of weird interaction I had with a guy who was trying to get me drunk at a young age.

I will say that, although I usually saw the same students in the smoking shack regularly each day, I never saw him again after that.

Okay, this is tough to write about because I am only now realizing (some 15 years later) that a strange interaction I had with a man in Everett, WA (circa 2005-2007) could have been him.

For some background information, this possible sighting happened at Everett Community College, which has developed quite a bit since the years I attended (2005 - 2007). I was attending through a dual enrollment program, between the ages of 15 and 17, as a way of finishing high school and getting college credit at the same time.

It was a pretty small school with old buildings and a couple little gazebos or "smoking shacks" set up as designated smoking areas around the school.

The only reason I even think of this interaction as possibly significant is because the man's name was Israel and because he said "my parents are hippies" which is a statement apparently that Israel Keyes used to explain his name on more than one occasion (according to TCBS). Hearing that phrase really struck me and shook something loose in my memory:

My memory is foggy on the man's appearance. He looked in his late 20s/early 30s and had kind of a "welder" look to him (I was working for the student newspaper which was located in the same building as the welding department). He was quite a bit taller than me, but I'm 5' 7" so who knows.

Anyway, this man was in the smoking shack at the school, the one closest to the parking lot and the student union building (which had a small cafeteria, restrooms, vending machines, etc...).

I was underage, but had started smoking cigarettes to fit in with my older friends at the college. I obviously couldn't buy my own cigarettes and would often bum them from people at the smoking shack... and that day I asked to bum a cigarette from that man.

I asked him his name and he told me it was "Israel." I thought it was a cool name. He said: "Yeah, my parents were hippies." I remember he asked me about my parents, so I told him my mom was born in the 70s and was a bit too young to be a real "hippie." I also distinctly remember telling him about a girl I knew named "Dream River" and kind of teasing him that Israel wasn't a very hippie name by comparison. At some point he asked me if I wanted to go drink with him somewhere (I think he said in his car, but again this is a very old memory and this may be getting muddled).

There was kind of the vibe that he wanted to do more than just drink. I was still young and although it wasn't uncommon for guys at the college to flirt with/hit on me, I was still quite shy and just a teenager, with a very strict Catholic mom (smoking was the most rebellious thing I was doing at that age). Usually if I told these guys I was underage they would back off. So I told this man my age and I distinctly remember him saying "So?" Kind of like he didn't care about supplying an underage girl with alcohol and (presumably) trying to do other things.

It gave me a creeped out feeling. He was older than most of the students there who are usually 18-21 years old. I was done with the cigarette, so I said bye and went back to my newspaper office.

This could obviously be anyone. It might not be Keyes. It's only because I heard of that phrase "my parents were hippies" in the podcast that I considered the possibility at all. All these years it has just been a vague memory of weird interaction I had with a guy who was trying to get me drunk at a young age.

I will say that, although I usually saw the same students in the smoking shack regularly each day, I never saw him again after that.

You should definitely report this directly to the FBI if you haven't already.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back