Bank Robberies

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Use this thread to discuss the bank robberies known to be committed by Keyes, and those possibly committed by Keyes.

“Keyes is suspected to have specifically traveled through various cities in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, and the Glenrose, (Texas) areas during February 2012,” officials wrote. “Prior to his suicide, while in custody, Keyes admitted traveling through the cities of Azle, Aledo and Cleburne, (Texas) during February of 2012. Investigators suspect Keyes’ rental vehicle became stuck in a muddy, rural area, possibly near Cleburne, Texas between February 12 and 16, 2012.”

Those dates match up with a Feb. 16 robbery at the National Bank of Texas in Azle, Texas. Images taken from surveillance video show a man resembling Keyes, wearing a hard hat and face mask, demanding money at gunpoint and leaving within two minutes. Keyes was never charged in the robbery, but admitted to unspecified bank robberies in New York and Texas. He also confessed to killing at least eight people, including 18-year-old Anchorage woman Samantha Koenig and Bill and Lorraine Currier of Essex, Vt.,

http://www.ktuu.com/news/photo-gall...y-in-february-20121203,0,4233844.photogallery

So, Possible:
June, 2006 - Canton, NY - bank robbery (NBT bank - $10,000) -
http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20090113/NEWS05/301139976
"In June 2006, an armed robber stole about $10,000 from NBT Bank, 5 Park Place. A single robber brandishing what appeared to be two semiautomatic pistols entered the bank shortly after 10 a.m. June 30. He fled out a side door, crossed a rear parking lot and last was seen entering the woods that line the CSX tracks. That case also remains unsolved."

January, 2007 - Canton, NY - bank robbery (SeaCom CU - $270,000? articles also state 2 men robbed a bank in Canton in December, 2007 and got away with $270,000 - I can't find any other articles about this Jan, 07 one so am now confused)

January, 2009 - Canton, NY - bank robbery (SeaCom CU - $221,000)
- http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20090113/NEWS05/301139976
"The robber was described as a thin white male, with a brown or gray goatee, about 5 feet 7 inches tall and in his early to mid-40s. He was wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans, yellow muck boots, black gloves and a ski mask. The branch's surveillance cameras didn't capture the robber's face, because it was covered."

And Known:
April, 2009 - Tupper Lake, NY - bank robbery (undisclosed amount - article below suggests $25,000) -
http://www.adirondackdailyenterpris...ersary-of-the-Tupper-bank-heist.html?nav=5043
""Police described the suspect as a white male, about 6 foot, 2 inches tall and 150 pounds, wearing a hooded Carhartt jacket, sunglasses, blue jeans and gray sneakers. He was wearing what appeared to be a fake mustache and goatee.

"There was a massive search with police combing the nearby woods and highways, looking for evidence and going door to door interviewing people living nearby. State Department of Environmental Conservation forest rangers and Saranac Lake Village police were assisting in the manhunt, searching nearby trails, and helicopters manned by forest rangers and Tupper Lake village police could be seen in the sky.""

(much more at link)

This is another photo my friend made for me to show how far apart his legs seem to be in walking...NOTE***** The White Shoes...Seem to be the same as the ones in GGE'S photo posted of the known suspect in the other bank robbery!!!

NOTE.....right middle Photo with light colored jacket on!!!....................Looks like the identical jacket worn in the bank robbery that GGE posted that has never been solved

Note**The WHITE Shoes in the upper right corner was Keyes in a known bank robbery...Looks like the Identical shoes worn by this robber also
Anyone that is good with photos....Would love if we could get a close up of those shoes....IK's was known to have a navy-stripe on the side!!!!

Attachments

• KEYES Various WALKING.jpg
    KEYES Various WALKING.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 166
Just posting digndoodle's pic bigger:
attachment.php

Adding the photo of Tupper Lake Bank robbery to compare with the COAT that the suspect is wearing in the bank robbery still not solved...Looks Identical to me

Attachments

• bank robbery new york.jpg
    bank robbery new york.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 70
Would love if we could get a close up of those shoes....IK's was known to have a navy-stripe on the side!!!!

Ok. Here's his shoes when he's leaving the Azle, TX robbery - as you said, blue stripe. Now I have to find the photo you want me to blow up, I've seen so many robbery suspect pics today that I've gotten confused.

Ok. Here's his shoes when he's leaving the Azle, TX robbery - as you said, blue stripe. Now I have to find the photo you want me to blow up, I've seen so many robbery suspect pics today that I've gotten confused.

Shoes look identical to me....this was in Texas and then go back and review photo #3 on the known suspect still unsolved

Attachments

• 401-suspect-large-3.jpg
    401-suspect-large-3.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 155
Shoes look identical to me....this was in Texas and then go back and review photo #3 on the known suspect still unsolved

GGE on the link posted for the bank robber in the other 2 cases and tupper lake...you can click on the photo and it will take you to 3 of the known bank robber, the last one shows him walking away...Wearing identical White Shoes like these

Attachments

• 401-suspect-large-3.jpg
    401-suspect-large-3.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 67
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUpycmNbxOA"]Bank Robbery Caught On Surveillance Video - YouTube[/ame]

Just going here and there looking for bank robberies.....I believe Keyes was unaccounted for on April 8 -2010.....This happened in Seymour Indiana......caught my eye because keyes told officials that he wore various disguises and is known to go to one ATM wearing a mask like the one in the creepy movie
I tried to zoom, but my computer won't let me...I did stop it several times when this person was trying to throw the wig back.....NOTE***** Looks very similar to his FAKE beard in the tupper lake robbery...and this person fits his height and build....very tall, yet thin built.......................Am I off the wall or Possibility???

in the large photo look at his coat in a known bank robbery.....looks just like this suspects coat

Unknown Suspect in Hammond, Indiana bank robbery in Grey Hoodie/Sweatshirt:
attachment.php

Israel Keyes robbing Tupper Lake bank in Carhartt jacket:
attachment.php

Re: the Hammond, Indiana robbery - "White, male, grey hooded sweatshirt, glasses, grey mask, white plastic bag, dark green mini van"
source - http://bandittrackerindiana.com/2009/01/hammond-in-01032009/ (same source for photo)

Re: the Tupper Lake, NY robbery - "Police described the suspect as a white male, about 6 feet and 2 inches tall and 150 pounds, wearing a hooded Carhartt jacket, sunglasses, blue jeans and gray sneakers. He was wearing what appeared to a fake mustache and goatee."
source - http://www.adirondackdailyenterprise.com/page/content.detail/id/505945.html

Well darn it I wish the pics weren't black and white - shades of grey don't show up properly. I thought the shoes were white all along!

Bank Robbery Caught On Surveillance Video - YouTube

Just going here and there looking for bank robberies.....I believe Keyes was unaccounted for on April 8 -2010.....This happened in Seymour Indiana......caught my eye because keyes told officials that he wore various disguises and is known to go to one ATM wearing a mask like the one in the creepy movie
I tried to zoom, but my computer won't let me...I did stop it several times when this person was trying to throw the wig back.....NOTE***** Looks very similar to his FAKE beard in the tupper lake robbery...and this person fits his height and build....very tall, yet thin built.......................Am I off the wall or Possibility???

Still shot of Wig Robber (I feel like the neck and side of the face are wrong for IK when I watch the video, which I've done several times - JMO):

(PS the one ATM photo that caught him in a wig he was wearing the Scream mask, and there's another bank robbery photo out there that I saw just yesterday that has the suspect wearing that same Scream mask. Why didn't I post it here?? I can't remember why I thought it didn't fit him, now. Darn memory!)

Took me until now to realize the stripe IS on the inside, too.

So here's the unknown bank robbery from Hammond, Indiana's shoes:

and a side by side of known IK's shoes and this suspect's shoes:

IMHO, not the same shoes but doesn't mean anything about the person wearing them!

GGE, you sure give me a laugh everytime I come here....Yes DARN, why did you not post it here???????........I think Keyes was as smart at robbing banks and etc. as he was his victims.....so if there was another bank robbed with the scream mask....I would definitely search a lot more about it....he thought that was so funny that he was brave enough to drive up with that mask on..Chuckled....and I'm sure he had lots of masks and etc......JUST A RUMOR, that someone posted on FB page, but said they lived in Anchorage, was stopped at a stoplight, they noticed a truck beside them and he had the window down, they were almost positive it was IK, and said there was a baseball type hat with a long ponytail laying on the dashboard......Even though I feel he was smart, things like this make me feel he was a sick-child-like person somewhere way down deep...maybe he did not get to live a childs life during his growing up and at times I feel you could almost hear hints in the clues he gave authorities that sounded smart, but yet child-like

BBM -

http://bandittrackerarizona.com/2011/11/tucson-arizona-10262011/

1326-suspect-large-1.jpg

2011-10-26, Tuscon, AZ.
Description: "unknown".

Timeline Check:

up thru 9/2011 he was in "Western US" and then in 11/2011 his sisters went to Texas for awhile, though I do not know if he visited them there at that time. He is unaccounted for during the time of this robbery.

Looking at some bank robberies here and there....this could be IK...I think it would fit in the timeline this was in Albuerque on Oct. 13-2010....I'm still searching, I believe there may be other robberies in N.M. at this time also with masks

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/s...r-on-the-loose
================================================== ================================================== =======================

and this one just screams Keyes to me....A re-enactment of an earlier movie that all robbers wore presidential masks.....possible Keyes wearing Richard Nixon mask....also this robber is said to be very athletic jumping up on bank furniture and etc...very polite....but also suspected of being armed and dangerous------gosh I believe we have heard similar words before 1st robbery U.S.Bank on 11/25, then on to Los Angeles on Dec. 2-2009...The timeline has him unaccounted for, but found this odd to me

2/23/2009: Anchorage, AK to Burbank, CA
Flew from Anchorage, AK to Burbank, CA on 2/23/2009.
No known rental vehicle.
Left Burbank on 2/27/09.

Could he have been in Calif in Nov. & Dec.???? and then returned Feb????....in moo, very possible since he has a lot of family there...and it was Thanksgiving and getting close to Christmas...maybe he flew back to Anc. to spend holidays with daughter & GF...just my thinking
==========================================================
Bank Robber Copies Movie Point Break - YouTube

Just reading through the Bank Robberies thread ... and wishing it could be more active. I know, I know, though -- needle in a haystack.

I wonder if the investigation has ever been able to tie him to additional bank robberies, beyond what we know of.

I keep thinking about how IK told investigators that he initially planned to take the Curriers' car on a bank-robbing spree but decided not to because the car had mechanical problems and he thought it might let him down. And I wonder:

1) Was he telling the truth? Did he really, seriously consider doing that?

2) If (if,if) so ... when and why did that plan come to mind?

After all, he also said he first decided to "take" a single male, even tells a story of how he ALMOST did but the guy darted quickly inside during a rainstorm and never re-emerged. (I've often wondered, if IK's story was true, whether that guy at the apartment in a Volkswagen has been identified or even identified HIMSELF from hearing/reading IK's tale.)

So -- was he planning to take the VW on a bank-robbery spree? As far as we know, he didn't mention it.* But when he switches his sights to the Curriers, he thinks he'll go out and rob some banks in their car...?

3) We know he liked to rob banks, so I do consider it possible he had the plan with the Curriers' car and then decided against it. (I think the Curriers gave him kind of a harder time than he expected, good for them!)

Was it a long-standing fantasy? Had he maybe tried it before with a victim's vehicle -- maybe even DONE it before?

Just some thoughts...

* Whoops -- I was wrong. Checking back on this, looks like IK did say he had the bank-robbing spree in mind when he was planning on a single-male victim.

can't you use some type of facial recognition software or a scanner to make identification

Community Bank in Tupper Lake

Serial Number / Federal Reserve Bank District #

IB30849903A / B2 / 2006
GA01293917A / A1 / 2004
AD52511085A / D4 / 1996
EB23155745A / B2 / 2004
1B81072465A / B2 / 2006
GB32244863A / B2 / 2004
GB19388624A / B2 / 2004
EF06406154A / F6 / 2004
CL08247764A / L12 / 2001

Members online