1190 users online (159 members and 1031 guests)  

Websleuths News

Beautiful child, Beautiful Dog

No other words for it... simply beautiful....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA8VJh0UJtg

Thanks so much for posting this....very moving. Children and animals are so precious!

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

this is the sweetest thing I've seen in a long time.....dh and both cried when we watched it....

thanks for sharing...

I finally watched this. Seems like the child didn't want the dog around him at all, although the dog kept trying. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Karmady View Post
    I finally watched this. Seems like the child didn't want the dog around him at all, although the dog kept trying. What am I missing?
    I saw sweet, timid response starting at 1:50. At the end of the video it looked like the child was reaching toward the dog again.

Quote Originally Posted by marlywings View Post
    No other words for it... simply beautiful....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA8VJh0UJtg
    Thank you for posting this video. I've watched it 4 times all told and it brings me right to the point of tears every time. Beautiful doesn't half describe it.

And the dog is as near a human being as could be, such a loving dog. She probably looks pretty big to the little boy.

Beyond sweet.

This video brought me to tears
    esp when the dog put his paw on his shoulder..
    just precious..

thanks for sharing

While I think this is probably one of the sweetest, gentlest dogs I have ever seen, I agree with Karmady. It appeared to me in the majority of the video that the child was uncomfortable with the dog and was trying to put distance between them.
    Just My Opinion, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Karmady View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ButForFortune View Post
    While I think this is probably one of the sweetest, gentlest dogs I have ever seen, I agree with Karmady. It appeared to me in the majority of the video that the child was uncomfortable with the dog and was trying to put distance between them.

Jim Stenson, who posted the video, also explained (underneath that video) that the mother Ana said that the child Hernan 'is a bit withdrawn and flees from physical contact' but that the dog Himalaya was patient

so I am of the opinon that it was with the mother's blessing that the dog was gently trying to persuade Hernan to come out of his shell

and what a beautiful, amazing animal Himalaya is - made me tear up!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    Jim Stenson, who posted the video, also explained (underneath that video) that the mother Ana said that the child Hernan 'is a bit withdrawn and flees from physical contact' but that the dog Himalaya was patient

so I am of the opinon that it was with the mother's blessing that the dog was gently trying to persuade Hernan to come out of his shell

and what a beautiful, amazing animal Himalaya is - made me tear up!
    I agree! Also saw a little reluctance at first from the child but he didn't seem fearful and was not crying. Hooray for Himalaya's love and patience that brought the child out from his reluctance to reaching for some loving! Wonderful, wonderful dog. And thanks again for this video! It seems to me the whole point of it was how love and understanding can be brought out in another with patience.

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Reader View Post
    I agree! Also saw a little reluctance at first from the child but he didn't seem fearful and was not crying. Hooray for Himalaya's love and patience that brought the child out from his reluctance to reaching for some loving! Wonderful, wonderful dog. And thanks again for this video! It seems to me the whole point of it was how love and understanding can be brought out in another with patience.
    A Lab is the most tolerant kind of dog you could get for a child like this. I was a little worried when he hugged her so hard, he'll need supervision and training to learn that dogs are not stuffed animals.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie