"Black Mamba" synthetic at Phish concert hospitalizes 60, reports say

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
The story at the Daily Mail link below:

Doctors blame bad batch of synthetic marijuana and Phish concert for the hospitalization of more than 60 people over Labor Day weekend
• More than 60 people have been admitted to Denver and Colorado Springs, Colorado-area hospitals over the past week
• Most of the patients have admitted to taking a synthetic form of marijuana known as 'Black Mamba'
• The synthetic drug has been outlawed in many states - including Colorado - for it's sometimes fatal side effects
• Health officials also believe that three Phish concerts over Labor Day weekend may have contributed to the outbreak

I don't get why they're using this in Colorado where marijuana is now legal. Does it make them higher?

What's wrong the "real deal"? Why all this fake carp now days? I saw Phish over a decade ago and yeah everyone was toking--but it was grown in a field as opposed to a laboratory ...

So sad for the "neo-hippies"...
:sigh:

Yep, a phish concert and fake weed? Odd imo.
60 people hospitalized, hope they recover.

Lol I was gonna say, I think I'm having a flashback to the 90s, I had friends who were WAY into Phish TWENTY or so years ago!

People, please get your mj from some older hippie. I'm sure there are plenty of 40somethings around a phish concert who would hook you up with the safe stuff!

The fake stuff gives them a different kind of high...hallucinations included. They think its better than the real stuff.

If they're looking for that, then they need a safe place, a friend, and a hit of acid. :crazy:

(Which always reminds me of that ancient SNL skit of Dan Akroyd playing President Carter taking phone calls from the public, and he ends up talking down a guy who calls in after taking some bad acid... Recommends staying calm and putting on some Allman Bros. records :lol: )

The fake stuff gives them a different kind of high...hallucinations included. They think its better than the real stuff.

The original Spice/K2 was discovered in university lab and does in fact have the exact same effects as natural Marijuana, it targets the exact same receptors in the brain.

Basically it is synthetic THC that is refined in a lab and sprayed on any sort of variety of smokeable "herbs".

It was manufactured by one company and sold for years in the US Head Shops as "incense" and the DEA never realized that it really got people high, well not until they changed the packaging to say "smokable incense". One day they DID realize it and outlawed the two main ingredients (JWH-018, JWH-073), at which point the original company that made it went out of business and the compounds were banned in most states.

Now days the manufacturers are underground illegal operations making it in their garage, or overseas, or wherever and it is dangerous because there is no way of knowing what chemicals were used, plus it takes some skill to refine the chemicals and the people that are making it are often stupid or just don't care.

And as far as WHY do people go with synthetics? Two reasons, they are harder to pick up on drug tests and also in some parts of the country (like my county) marijuana is darn near a hangable offense (okay they won't hang you but they will throw you in jail, and if you have enough to be considered a dealer you are in some serious trouble). While I find the strict laws regarding marijuana to be rather annoying I understand the reasoning behind it, 20 or so years ago Meth started to become a problem in this county and the founding families have run this county for 150+ years were not going to let that happen so ALL illegal drugs became very harshly punished, seems to have worked too. No meth busts or drug related homicides happen here, just in the surrounding counties.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back