AZ AZ - Justin Richardson, 13, Grand Canyon, 2 Jul 2001

MagnoliaMountain

Red Rose
Reaction score
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/richardson_justin.html

http://www.missingin.org/reg3611/justin_richardson.htm

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/6566

http://www.nampn.org/cases/richardson_justin.html

Justin_Richardson_20130508104751_640_480.JPG

Missing Since: July 2, 2001 from Grand Canyon, Arizona
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: June 6, 1988
Height: 4'10"
Weight: 100 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Race: White
Clothing: Red Chicago Bulls basketball jersey, denim shorts.
AKA: "Little Man"
Case Number: NCMC938322

Details of Disappearance:
Richardson was last seen in Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona on July 2, 2001. He was walking away from his friends at the time of his disappearance. Authorities believe he had been partying and was under the influence of drugs, possibly methamphetamines.

Investigating Agency:
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Coconino County Sheriff's Department
(800) 338-7888

Cold Case Close-up -- Missing person file: Justin Richardson

There’s evidence now that he returned to Moqui that night,” Sumner said, adding that he did not want to be more specific. He did say the case will soon be of focus to the cold case unit again, Sumner added.

The remaining “people of interest in the case” are kept track of. Over the years, the sheriff’s office has received tips on where to search, and multiple land searches were conducted in the area where he disappeared.

http://azdailysun.com/blogs/crimina...cle_c8311254-9e67-11e3-8941-001a4bcf887a.html

One quick thing. It said on Google Maps, if he did run away and wanted to see his girlfriend in Chicago, there are two possible routes. One goes RIGHT BY Kirkwood, MO, where Michael Devlin lived. Just a possibility.

Hi, everyone. So I just found out about this case a couple days ago.. Wish there was more about this case online. Seems like his family has never publicly spoken out about this? Also, I can't help but think that one of those young men knows what really happened to Justin. From what little I've read, I'm thinking perhaps he OD'd or had complications and his "friends" freaked out and hid him.

Seems like there are more articles about this case on the Williams News website but are blocked by a paywall.

Hi, everyone. So I just found out about this case a couple days ago.. Wish there was more about this case online. Seems like his family has never publicly spoken out about this? Also, I can't help but think that one of those young men knows what really happened to Justin. From what little I've read, I'm thinking perhaps he OD'd or had complications and his "friends" freaked out and hid him.

Seems like there are more articles about this case on the Williams News website but are blocked by a paywall.
Interesting. The paywalls always piss me off- should never be a block to info for a missing person. Moo. Greedy jerks.

Interesting article about his case. Since we can only include portions of an article, I'll have to leave a lot out, but there is more in the article itself.

Justin Lee Richardson disappeared from the Grand Canyon area in 2001 and has never been found

Justin Lee Richardson was last seen June 29, 2001...
GRAND CANYON, Ariz. — .... Justin Richardson, who went missing in 2001 in the Kaibab National Forest a few miles outside the communities of Tusayan and Grand Canyon. He was 13 years old.
...entered the forest about five miles west of the former Moqui Lodge... was with three male friends at the time, all of them between the ages of 18 and 21....while in the forest, Justin and one of the men became separated from the other two. The man with Justin hiked out... asked for help...before returning to the foresto look for them...
Around 9 a.m.... the man searching with Justin came down off of methamphetamines and a fell asleep in the forest. When he awoke several hours later, he said, Justin was gone... Justin was reported missing by his family July 2... Gilliland says the department now feels that Justin was probably a victim of homicide, killed in the forest around the time he went missing....
After interviewing the men with Justin the day he disappeared, authorities at the time ruled out foul play, although they continue to keep track of persons of interest in the case...
In 2014, Justin’s case was turned over to the cold case unit, which uncovered evidence that he did in fact return to Moqui Lodge after he was last seen, although they declined to say what the evidence was...
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the CCSO cold case division at (928) 774-4523.

IMO it's hard to say if he met with foul play in the forest, was a victim of misadventure or became lost in the forest, or he left the forest, returned to town but then took off again and something happened elsewhere.

I maintain he was a minor with adults and they should have been criminally held responsible. All my opinions.

Interesting article about his case. Since we can only include portions of an article, I'll have to leave a lot out, but there is more in the article itself.

Justin Lee Richardson disappeared from the Grand Canyon area in 2001 and has never been found

Justin Lee Richardson was last seen June 29, 2001...
GRAND CANYON, Ariz. — .... Justin Richardson, who went missing in 2001 in the Kaibab National Forest a few miles outside the communities of Tusayan and Grand Canyon. He was 13 years old.
...entered the forest about five miles west of the former Moqui Lodge... was with three male friends at the time, all of them between the ages of 18 and 21....while in the forest, Justin and one of the men became separated from the other two. The man with Justin hiked out... asked for help...before returning to the foresto look for them...
Around 9 a.m.... the man searching with Justin came down off of methamphetamines and a fell asleep in the forest. When he awoke several hours later, he said, Justin was gone... Justin was reported missing by his family July 2... Gilliland says the department now feels that Justin was probably a victim of homicide, killed in the forest around the time he went missing....
After interviewing the men with Justin the day he disappeared, authorities at the time ruled out foul play, although they continue to keep track of persons of interest in the case...
In 2014, Justin’s case was turned over to the cold case unit, which uncovered evidence that he did in fact return to Moqui Lodge after he was last seen, although they declined to say what the evidence was...
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the CCSO cold case division at (928) 774-4523.

IMO it's hard to say if he met with foul play in the forest, was a victim of misadventure or became lost in the forest, or he left the forest, returned to town but then took off again and something happened elsewhere.

I maintain he was a minor with adults and they should have been criminally held responsible. All my opinions.
Agreed. I’d like to know what benefit the adults had from being with a 13 year old in the woods?

If a teenager has drugs in his possession, I'd venture he isn't the manufacturer of those drugs, most especially not all by himself, so no matter what, there should be someone facing some serious music. IMO.

Mentioned in the article.

Thirteen-year-old Justin Richardson was last seen during the summer of 2001.

The teen had reportedly hiked into the woods near the Grand Canyon with friends, became separated, and was never located, Coconino County officials say.

He was last seen wearing a Chicago Bulls jersey, according to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Coconino County Sheriff’s Officials told a local news site, Williams-Grand Canyon News, in 2018, that officials believe he was the victim of homicide even though he had run away from home in the past.

Some evidence was recovered by a cold case unit showing that returned to Moqui Lodge after he was last seen, but the evidence was not provided to Williams-Grand Canyon News.

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-northern-az/unsolved-murders-missing-persons-in-the-grand-canyon

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back