1211 users online (232 members and 979 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    hmmmm...regarding the farmhouse fire, according to the ex's partner in this news article, foul play was ruled out. So I think we should take this out of the 'equation'.

The cause of the fire that decimated the Fattore’s rented bungalow has never been determined, at least to the best of Chris’s knowledge. He said the fire started in the living room and that foul play was ruled out.
    http://www.southwesternontario.ca/ne...find-new-home/
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

One avenue...follow the money. That's a nice house in Mississauga. Who gets the money from the Harrison estate? The two kids?

Was the house mortgaged? Is that why a basement apartment was being rented out? Usually houses in those kind of neighbourhoods don't have rental apartments in them. Perhaps it generated cash flow for Caleb to pay for maintenance/housekeeping and taxes?
    Last edited by Snoopster; 09-04-2013 at 10:39 PM. Reason: typo
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Quote Originally Posted by greenthumb View Post
    RSBM and BBM

Was Caleb adopted? I have searched but cannot locate this information. I see this - from here - http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...harrisons.html
    Quoting myself because I've had to search hard to find this answer... this info, if it was in the Star article, seems to have been deleted now. Found it here, though - http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/782...and-a-mystery/

Caleb Harrison was born two weeks before Christmas in 1972. His biological mother was a “call girl” who gave him up for adoption, a relative said in a speech at his funeral Friday. Caleb was Bill and Bridget’s only child.

Great thread SilkySifaka - terrific mystery here. Thanks for it.

From a January 2009 article about CH's sentencing hearing at his DUI/crash trial.

Harrison broke a leg and suffered a hip injury in the crash. He underwent 13 months of rehabilitation.

Court heard that about a month before the deadly crash, Harrison was arrested for an assault. His marriage was crumbling and he was having problems getting access to his children. Depressed, he started drinking.

"It's no excuse but it's not a scenario we are unfamiliar with as human beings," Wendt told the court.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...ed_driver.html

Bill Harrison's obituary:
    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/the...61#fbLoggedOut

Bridget Harrison's obituary:
    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/the...32#fbLoggedOut
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

"A Mississauga father of two young children today was given an 18-month jail sentence for the drunk driving death of a taxi driver."
    <snip>

"He will also be on two years probation once he completes his jail sentence."

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...ing_death.html
    Retired 08/03/03

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow205 View Post
    "A Mississauga father of two young children today was given an 18-month jail sentence for the drunk driving death of a taxi driver."
    <snip>

"He will also be on two years probation once he completes his jail sentence."

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...ing_death.html
    And that implies that both of his parents died while he was in prison.
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopster View Post
    And that implies that both of his parents died while he was in prison.
    http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/782...and-a-mystery/

Bridget’s body was discovered on April 21, 2010, by her grandson, the elder of Caleb’s two children.She died within a week of the first anniversary of her husband’s passing.
    From November 2009 until last week, the children lived in the Harrison family home on Pitch Pine Crescent.
    So, Caleb is in jail starting March 9 2009 for 18 months - so presumably til Aug 2010. Dad dies April 2009, mom dies April 21 2010 - but the children were living in the Harrison family home from Nov 2009 til a couple of weeks ago? With who, from April 2010 til Caleb released in Aug 2010? Or was Caleb released early (and prior to his mom's death?)

This is one of the strangest cases I've read in quite a while.
    I wish they would release the cause of death on all three, though I might have missed it when reading.

That said, while reading the first article
    http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...harrisons.html

did they just cut the article off short, or am I not seeing a 2nd page?
    This is the last paragraph I see in that article
    'Caleb’s relationship with his wife came to an abrupt end in June 2005 after he was charged with domestic assault and jailed for three days, court records from Brampton and Halton Region show. He was later convicted and given a suspended sentence plus two years’ probation.'

"Not long after Caleb was jailed, on a Thursday in mid-April, Bill was found dead in the family home. His passing was sudden and unexplained. An official cause of death was never determined, according to police, but there was nothing to suggest it was suspicious at the time. People figured he had an aneurysm or a heart attack."
    <snip>
    She died within a week of the first anniversary of her husband’s passing. Her 8-year-old grandson came home from school that day and found his Nana at the bottom of a staircase on the home’s main floor, within feet from where Bill died, according to neighbours. Police would not confirm this detail. Bridget’s death was classified as suspicious.

“There was all kinds of speculation,” said Larry Sturino, who lives down the street from the Harrison home. “Did she fall down the stairs or was she pushed? Who knows?”

http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/782...and-a-mystery/

It does not sound like there was an autopsy for Mr. Harrison. If there had been it would have been determined if it was an aneurysm or heart attack. It would be hard to determine if Mrs. Harrison was pushed but there must be something that made it suspicious.
    It certainly is a mysterious case.
    Retired 08/03/03

Quote Originally Posted by Tonya421 View Post
    This is one of the strangest cases I've read in quite a while.
    I wish they would release the cause of death on all three, though I might have missed it when reading.

That said, while reading the first article
    http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...harrisons.html

did they just cut the article off short, or am I not seeing a 2nd page?
    This is the last paragraph I see in that article
    'Caleb’s relationship with his wife came to an abrupt end in June 2005 after he was charged with domestic assault and jailed for three days, court records from Brampton and Halton Region show. He was later convicted and given a suspended sentence plus two years’ probation.'

Good question! There was much more to the article when I originally read it. It detailed what happened after Caleb was incarcerated, which really is the meat of the story. Somehow a significant part of the article is missing.

Here you go....the Brampton Guardian has the full version of the story still.

http://www.bramptonguardian.com/news...he-harrisons-/

It is in the second half of the original article where the story gets curiouser and curiouser.
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Good question! There was much more to the article when I originally read it. It detailed what happened after Caleb was incarcerated, which really is the meat of the story. Somehow a significant part of the article is missing.

Here you go....the Brampton Guardian has the full version of the story still.

http://www.bramptonguardian.com/news...he-harrisons-/

It is in the second half of the original article where the story gets curiouser and curiouser.
    Family of the deceased taxi driver?How do we come up with a theory without putting to who may have motive? Revenge towards Caleb and his entire family? His ex-wife and family?

Quote Originally Posted by x_files View Post
    Family of the deceased taxi driver?How do we come up with a theory without putting to who may have motive? Revenge towards Caleb and his entire family? His ex-wife and family?
    I have this gut instinct that if there was a grudge against Caleb so strong that the frustration led "them" (the taxi driver's family or the family of one of the teens seriously injured in the accident) to take it out on Caleb's family that killing his father would have been enough. I just don't see them following up and killing his mother a year later.

I'm leaning toward a motive related to his children. Who had custody in spite of Caleb going to jail? His parents did. Then dad dies. But mother still is emotionally strong enough to keep taking care of her grandkids. If we kill her then perhaps custody will transfer before Caleb gets released. And then Caleb gets out....and he had primary custody of the kids.

I really have no idea what happened....whether they were all murdered...whether it has anything to do with the kids...but there seems to be a possible connection to the kids.
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

I have this gut instinct that if there was a grudge against Caleb so strong that the frustration led "them" (the taxi driver's family or the family of one of the teens seriously injured in the accident) to take it out on Caleb's family that killing his father would have been enough. I just don't see them following up and killing his mother a year later.

I'm leaning toward a motive related to his children. Who had custody in spite of Caleb going to jail? His parents did. Then dad dies. But mother still is emotionally strong enough to keep taking care of her grandkids. If we kill her then perhaps custody will transfer before Caleb gets released. And then Caleb gets out....and he had primary custody of the kids.

I really have no idea what happened....whether they were all murdered...whether it has anything to do with the kids...but there seems to be a possible connection to the kids.
    Makes sense, that was my first thought, they would have the most to gain, custody. I doubt they'd gain the house though. Bizarre crime. I feel important details are left out.
    I would need to know more about his ex-wife's family and ties and the same with the taxi cab to search for motive and means. I hope they release COD and more info on this case.

Quote Originally Posted by x_files View Post
    Makes sense, that was my first thought, they would have the most to gain, custody. I doubt they'd gain the house though. Bizarre crime. I feel important details are left out.
    I would need to know more about his ex-wife's family and ties and the same with the taxi cab to search for motive and means. I hope they release COD and more info on this case.
    Who would be in line to inherit the house? I really wonder if Caleb had a will. If he didn't, wouldn't the house be inherited by his kids?
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast