Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Horrific case. Now that it is in the media, maybe there can be an arrest.
    This poor Mom. Stronger than most, that is for sure.

The affidavit in the article said Justin Corbett called 911. I wonder how long he waited to call... did he stage the area first, etc. The warrant only mentioned a little, but I sure hope they did more testing than just the carpet and padding. How do you get retinal detachment... that seems like a thrown-against-the-wall king of thing.

Evan was such a sweetheart. How could he? As long as I live, I will never get what a child can do to cause an adult to lose they mind this way.
    Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to AmandaReckonwith For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I signed the petition, and read the available pages on this case; even so, I don't understand it. If the child was in the home of the caretakes of the moment, supposedly fell down the carpeted stairs, but has his case written up as a homicide, WHY hasn't the adult at home been arrested for murder? Do the authorities believe another child may have been responsible?
    BBM

IDK, Trident. It's hard to imagine there hasn't been charges brought as of yet. I would guess that the DA doesn't have enough evidence - which seems absolutley crazy, IMO - to bring them at this point. It is difficult to have faith in the justice system in cases like this, but I still hold out hope that justice will prevail.

My heart aches beyond words for what this mother has had to endure. I cannot begin to fathom what her daily struggle has been like but I pray she has support to lean against and, perhaps, even carry her during her darkest hours of despair. Her journey of healing must, at times, feel like an unattainable feat. Sending her much love, strength, and faith for her future.

All JMO.
    Please overlook any typos and grammatical errors; I'm surrounded by Lupus Fog, Fibro Fog and Blonde Fog (okay, I may have made that last one up). Needless to say, it's just downright foggy where I come from.

Just my ...nothing more, nothing less.
    "Time heals what reason cannot."
    ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kodi For This Useful Post:

Im just sick. Why are there no charges? Why??
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ScarlettScarpetta For This Useful Post:

I wonder if they have a suspect in mind.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HMSHood For This Useful Post:

There was only one person with him when it happened, so I would suspect they have a suspect.
    They also named a person on the search warrant. So I believe they know who did it.

So I think they are just collecting the information they need and getting their ducks in a row.
    At least that is what I am hoping.

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    We have MSM: http://www.delawareonline.com/articl...icide?gcheck=1

Thank you MsFacetious for your hardwork in obtaining official information for this case!

Salem
    according to that report she based her claims as follows:

The doctor – Dudley said she can’t remember his name – said Evan’s injuries were no accident. Her baby was assaulted.

“He said his injuries were so severe that he would have had to fall from an eight-story window to sustain the kind of injuries he had,” Dudley said.
    That is not believable IMO, if someone fell from an 8th floor building their injuries would be massive and not even remotely consistent with a fall down 8 steps (the two 8s are weird - what is the coincidence of that?). If they are considering a fall down the steps a possibility, the injuries were not that severe. For example, Natasha Richardson died some time after a fall while learning to ski. She did not appear to be hurt initially, but some time later had to be taken to hospital where she subsequently died. These things happen, and a lot more frequently than most people think.

Btw, falling down 8 steps is quite capable of inflicting head injuries severe enough to eventually cause death. It doesn't take much of a blow to the head for this to happen, especially for an infant. If this doctor has told her something other than that, he/she is probably not a very good doctor.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tugela For This Useful Post:

That isn't what she is basing her claim on, she was relating how she found out initially it wasn't an accident.
    The police investigated, because they have to eliminate the fall down the stairs as a possibility.
    That is their job, to prove the story they were told is incorrect so they can bring charges.

His death was labeled a HOMICIDE.
    A fall down the steps would be an accident (the story was he fell and immediately was unresponsive.)

Anyone can consider whatever they want, but the medical examiner determined that Evan was MURDERED.

http://www.delawareonline.com/articl...NEWS/309080036

The toddler known as “E.J” died on Nov. 7, four days after arriving at the Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children near Wilmington.
    The state Medical Examiner’s Office classified his death as a homicide
    and determined the cause was “blunt force injury to the head,” the death certificate said.

On the day Evan died, state police investigating his death as a possible first-degree murder descended on the home on the Dover air base where the boy was found to conduct a search “in the matter of Justin Corbett,” the police warrant said.

16. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Justin Corbett was the named suspect in the warrant, so he should be able to be sleuthed, correct?
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

That is my understanding but we will see what the mods say.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

I think retinal detachment could occur from shaking. Something about his eyes don't look right in the "picture to his mamma"....like he already had been suffering at that point. JMO
    Dont Be A Sheep

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cherry For This Useful Post:

Give me a minute to read the warrant.

Salem

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Okay - wait a minute. Have we seen the warrant? I'm not seeing a link. Are we relying on the info from Delaware Online?

Salem

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

We can open the door on him, but the first thing sleuthed out should be the court records. Let's see what links/docs are available.

Salem

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

We still have nothing BUT that article Salem.
    I also can't find a place to search Delaware CRIMINAL records online. (I found civil.)
    And, I'm guessing since it is military it wouldn't be there anyway.
    Does someone else have a way to search STATE records, since it was state police serving the warrant?

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast