Stranger pays for 'special' family's dinner, leaves touching note

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/03/us/north-carolina-act-of-kindness/?hpt=us_c2

(CNN) -- A dinner out turned into an experience of a lifetime for a North Carolina family thanks to one stranger's heartfelt gesture.

Ashley England and her family want to thank a customer who paid for their meal Friday night and left behind a touching note about their special needs son. A photo of the note has gone viral, shared with thousands of people on Facebook..........

What a wonderful thing to do for all the special parents of special children. Why not play it forward when we have a chance!

So nice. Sometimes as a parent a little encouragement is so nice! I do understand that it can be disturbing to have a kid causing a scene or being loud at a restaurant. BUT...how do children learn to behave at a restaurant if you don't take them out and "practice". I am glad to see that despite what was said in the story to be a difficult time lately the parents are not giving up!
Also you must be in a place in society where the "special needs" kids are part of society....we can't go back to the days of keeping them apart from us.
Sometimes when a kid is misbehaving in a store (and they are kids....so, they do misbehave) and I see the parent handling it in a very positive manner I make sure to comment that the parent is doing a great job and that this too shall pass!

The perfect parent is not likely perfect.

How wonderful of the fellow patron to recognize that!!

Thanks for posting this lovely story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back