808 users online (112 members and 696 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    There is also a slide show at this link that shows possible radius based on rental car milage click on the small map at the top of the story to start the slide show.
    http://www.alaskapublic.org/2013/05/...sons-database/

I am still a baby investigator here so bear with me.
    I just do not understand how he could have made Samantha look alive for a random photo days later. He went on a cruise, aren't they typically at least 3 days sometimes up to a few weeks?

I know this is graphic but it makes no sense that he would be able to use a viable picture. I have not been able to find the picture and I am not sure I would even want to see it but this has me stumped but no one else seems phased I am clearly missing something.
    -Nancy Grace is the reason juries are sequestered.-
    Assumptions of a rational sane mind do not apply to irrational situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Justme84 View Post
    I just do not understand how he could have made Samantha look alive for a random photo days later. He went on a cruise, aren't they typically at least 3 days sometimes up to a few weeks?

I know this is graphic but it makes no sense that he would be able to use a viable picture. I have not been able to find the picture and I am not sure I would even want to see it but this has me stumped but no one else seems phased I am clearly missing something.
    Hi, Justme84.

I think the cruise was about a week long.

I'm thinking, first of all, that the cold preserved Sam's body pretty well; that's all I can figure.

As for what exactly he did for the picture, I'm pretty sure the details have not been released (nor the picture). Guess he was able to pose her well enough to pull it off, may have opened her eyes, etc.

You know, back in Victorian times, it was not uncommon for families to have photographs taken of dead loved ones as mementos. Often, the deceased person was posed and propped, eyes opened (or sometimes eyes "touched up" into the final photograph), many times family members posed with the deceased person. You can Google memento mori photos and see some pretty amazing examples. Many modern-day folks find the practice pretty creepy, but seems it was widespread and accepted at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Justme84 View Post

Welcome Justme84.....I do not believe that photo has been and I am sure it won't be released to the public, when they was questioning him on Samantha he stated something close to this "Well, it was kinda like maybe she was having a really hard day" and then he laughs or chuckles (Yuk Yuk) as he does in other released tapes of him being questioned
    However he done it, it was good enough to make her Father and her Boyfriend think she was still alive and it gave them I'm sure a faint hope that they might get her back home but we all here know she was already gone
    My heart just broke into when I read how her father was called in when they had video and etc. of this monster coming into the window and then taking Samantha, They left it up to the father whether he wanted details put out in public, and he chose Yes.....I highly admire the father of Samantha, I guess you know but he is one that chose to put up the FB page asking for tips, anyone that had come into contact with him and etc....That was before they know Samantha was actually deceased, James stated he just got a bad feeling this creep had kidnapped or killed before and now they have went on further to start an organization to help any family with missing people in Alaska.....Samantha did not die in vain, I know her Dad's heart will never heal but he chose to get on with things and helping others and I feel that Samantha's name will live on for years and years and years

Thank you for the help. I hadn't thought of how cold it was.
    I had heard of the photographs you are talking
    about but always assumed that they were as immediate
    as possible or if maybe they were embalmed first.

Regardless, that is one of the most horrific things about the situation.
    I wish he would not have been able to go out in his own terms.
    His poor daughter will suffer anyway but now so many
    Others will never know.
    -Nancy Grace is the reason juries are sequestered.-
    Assumptions of a rational sane mind do not apply to irrational situations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2