1423 users online (313 members and 1110 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

GA - Kendrick Johnson, 17, Suspicious Death, Jan. 10/11, 2013, #1

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/17...nd-wrapped-in/

Local authorities are investigating the death of a 17-year-old high school student whose body was found Friday morning inside his school's gym in an inverted position and wrapped inside a wrestling mat...........

Initial reports vary on how Kendrick Johnson's body got trapped inside the mat. A preliminary autopsy showed there were no signs of struggle, and early theories said he may have been attempting to retrieve a shoe that fell into the mat...........

"I want to express how did my son go missing during school hours in broad daylight? We know our son was murdered while he was at Lowndes High School. We do know that," Johnson told the station..............

"How can you go on when you have a beloved child who wakes up everybody in the house and makes a laugh out of everything, how can you go on? It's hard," Johnson told the station.

More at link.....

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

How awful and so sad. What a horrific death.

Prayers for his family that love him so dearly. I pray they find out what actually happened to this poor kid.

OMG I think I know what happened.

This is just speculation: But at my HS, the mats were rolled up, with the hole at the top. So I think he leaned it to get his shoe, and then he got stuck upside down. (It says he was found in an inverted position).

But you would think he would be able to use his body strength to push the mat over, so he could get out though? I don't think it would be difficult to get the map to tip over...

Georgia - Kendrick Lamar Johnson - 17, found in rolled up mat, Invest. Ongoing

Kendrick Lamar Johnson <modsnip>. Only to be found the next day by janitors rolled up in a wrestling mat in the gym at Lowndes High School in Valdosta, GA. <modsnip> So please stand up for this young man. Justice deserves to be served.

Very little press on this.

Daily Mail writes:

"His body was found in rolled-up mat and initial reports said he fell in while reaching for a shoe"

Police needs to take this seriously. Let these parents not go through any more than what they already are!

MOD Comment: The article says it is an open investigation
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Salem; 04-29-2013 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Remove inaccurate information.

mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    I did not read any where that his face was unrecognizable.It does seem to be a death by accident.Most parents would not want to accept such a tragic death was an accident but accidents do happen.
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

http://valdostadailytimes.com/local/...-student-death

Sheriff: No signs of struggle found

Dean Poling
    The Valdosta Daily Times

VALDOSTA — A Lowndes High School student apparently climbed on top of rolled, upright wrestling mats last week, fell into a center opening of a rolled mat, became lodged inside, upside down, and died, according to the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    Kendrick Lamar Johnson was murdered at school on January 10, 2013. He was beaten to death. Only to be found the next day by janitors rolled up in a wrestling mat in the gym at Lowndes High School in Valdosta, GA. His face was unrecognizable. The sheriff is calling it foul lay and is paying no mind to the death of this child. His parents were also arrested for protesting. So please stand up for this young man. Justice deserves to be served.

Very little press on this.

Daily Mail writes:

"His body was found in rolled-up mat and initial reports said he fell in while reaching for a shoe"

Police needs to take this seriously. Let these parents not go through any more than what they already are!
    IMHO, this posting is extremely misleading. You state this young man was "murdered" "beaten to death" and "face was unrecognizable", but nowhere does it say anything like this in the article you linked.

I'm sorry that these parents have lost their son under any circumstances, but it sounds to me like the investigators are doing a fine job so far.

This death occurred in Jan. 2013 and there is already a thread on the case in crimes for children:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Georgia sheriff investigates death of high school student found in wrestling mat

Maybe these can be combined?
    Last edited by KateB; 06-06-2015 at 07:03 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

This has really become an interesting story, with NAN now formally asking for open records from the school, the sheriff, and the GBI. It's possible, I guess, but odd. And why won't the school release the video of him walking in to the gym?

Exactly what position were the mats in relative to where his shoe was? Why was he fetching his shoe from there between 3rd and 4th periods?

http://www.examiner.com/article/kend...justice-for-kj

On Janurary 11th, Johnson was found dead in the high school’s gymnasium, rolled up inside wrestling mats and his face heavily swollen as if beaten. He also had lacerations on his face and on other parts of his body. The local Sheriff’s investigators have said that they believe Johnson fell into the mats and wasn’t able to get out, and they ruled the death an accident. The investigators clearly wanted to close the case and move on, but the family of Kendrick Johnson has pressed on for answers.

http://www.blackcommunityweb.com/201...drick-johnson/

BBM

how could LE have ruled "accidental?
    "Something's not right with that girl" - Jose Baez during Opening Statement

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post
    On Janurary 11th, Johnson was found dead in the high school’s gymnasium, rolled up inside wrestling mats and his face heavily swollen as if beaten. He also had lacerations on his face and on other parts of his body. The local Sheriff’s investigators have said that they believe Johnson fell into the mats and wasn’t able to get out, and they ruled the death an accident. The investigators clearly wanted to close the case and move on, but the family of Kendrick Johnson has pressed on for answers.

http://www.blackcommunityweb.com/201...drick-johnson/

BBM

how could LE have ruled "accidental?
    I spent some time reading through articles this evening - like, about 2 hours of reading.

It appears to me he didn't have lacerations or bruising. The coronor who is on the family's side for finding more information doesn't agree he had any visible injuries. He agrees there are irregularities with the investigation, but seems to agree that there aren't injuries to his body. Autopsy photos are UGLY, that's for sure, but it doesn't mean foul play.

I just heard about this case. I don't have any theories except I wouldn't blame the parents one bit for questioning this as an accident. I think at the least, the sheriff's office should call this undetermined. It seems they did not call in the coroner until many hours (5-6?) after they arrived on the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    I spent some time reading through articles this evening - like, about 2 hours of reading.

It appears to me he didn't have lacerations or bruising. The coronor who is on the family's side for finding more information doesn't agree he had any visible injuries. He agrees there are irregularities with the investigation, but seems to agree that there aren't injuries to his body. Autopsy photos are UGLY, that's for sure, but it doesn't mean foul play.
    You can NOT exclude foul play, just because there are not visible injuries on the body either.

It would be very unusual for a healthy young male to fall into some mats and not be able to get out.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    It would be very unusual for a healthy young male to fall into some mats and not be able to get out.
    I would really like to see graphic of how they are suggesting this happened.

If the mats were stacked up together, standing upright against each other and he in fact DID fall head first into one of the mats that was, for example, stacked against a wall and another mat was stacked up against that mat, it would take super-human strength to get back out. A mat rolled into a cylinder - or a carpet rolled into a cylinder - is impossible to open up if you're stuck inside. Kids who have been rolled in carpets as a joke or kind of mean play have suffocated - you simple can't get out even if you're very fit and agile.

But it still seems odd. What position was he in, where diving headfirst into a rolled up mat would happen?

Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast