745 users online (105 members and 640 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Cocoa store owner arrested for $367,000 welfare fraud

http://mynews13.com/content/news/cfn..._owner_ar.html

COCOA --
    A store owner was busted in a major fraud case. Detectives say he pocketed more than $300,000 in EBT money over nearly a two year period.

Complaints came in from the community according to Cocoa Police.

Thirty-eight-year-old Prakash Patel was brought out of his store in handcuffs Wednesday afternoon........

Cocoa Police say they suspect other local store owners like him are doing the same thing. They say more similar arrests are possible.

Huh, he had quite a nice little scheme going there....until it backfired.

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

There's thousands of Mr. Patel's all over the country.

That's happening in every impoverished neighborhood in the darn country.

My favorite is people using their food stamp card thing and then buying the container right in the same store to ship that food "back home". Like to the country of their origin.

Nope that loot he pocketed will never be replaced and there's elderly Americans who worked their whole da*n lives and even fought for this country who are eating cat food.

Quote Originally Posted by Reader View Post
    Complaints came in from the community according to Cocoa Police.
    Okay, maybe it's the insomnia.. but I cannot quit giggling after reading 'Cocoa Police'.

Would they give you a ticket if your marshmallows were not quite gooey enough?

Throw you in prison, for the fraudulent distribution of carob powder?

Righty-o, old people eating cat food is a sufficient cure for giggling.

But do you think the Cocoa Police patrol the borders rigorously, in case of Ovaltine smugglers?