Extra moist KFC

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
LOL
My one son LOVES KFC.

And we have never gotten sick. IMO people are carnivoirs.
SO I just don't get the veggie thing. But I respect those who do and even cook for hubby's employee who is.

I mean these people aren't out protesting that a lion has eaten a gazzelle.
I suppose the arguement could be that people are a higher lifeform therefore we can choose not to eat animals...
We are meant to.

CinnamonGirl said:
Do people actually eat KFC anyway,from the commercials it doesn't look big enough to be chicken.I guess if you want diarrhea you eat that stuff.

I don't eat fast food often, but when I do I LOVE KFC. It has never given me even one second of intestinal distress.....I love their mac & cheese, too.

MaryKate said:
LOL
My one son LOVES KFC.

And we have never gotten sick. IMO people are carnivoirs.
SO I just don't get the veggie thing. But I respect those who do and even cook for hubby's employee who is.

I mean these people aren't out protesting that a lion has eaten a gazzelle.
I suppose the arguement could be that people are a higher lifeform therefore we can choose not to eat animals...
We are meant to.

Where have I heard THAT before?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No a lion doesn't OVER CONSUME and throw chickens up against a wall, STOMP ON THEM, OVER AND OVER AND OVER, put them IN CAGES WHERE THEY CAN'T MOVE FOR A LIFE TIME, FEED THEM HORMONES THAT MAKE THEM PRODUCE MORE EGGS UNNATURALLY, SPIT TOBACCO IN THEIR FACES, FEED THEM TO YOUR CHILDREN (TOBACCO INCLUDED, PAINT INCLUDED) and then MAKE MILLIONS.

In July 2004, PETA revealed the results of an investigation into a KFC-supplying slaughterhouse in Moorefield, West Virginia, where workers were caught on video stomping on chickens, kicking them, and violently slamming them against floors and walls. Workers also ripped the animals’ beaks off, twisted their heads off, spat tobacco into their eyes and mouths, spray-painted their faces, and squeezed their bodies so hard that the birds expelled feces—all while the chickens were still alive. Dan Rather echoed the views of all kind people when he said on the CBS Evening News, "[T]here's no mistaking what [the video] depicts: cruelty to animals, chickens horribly mistreated before they’re slaughtered for a fast-food chain.

If dogs or cats suffered this abuse, felony charges would have been filed long ago. Please remind officials that chickens are just as capable of experiencing pain and suffering and that these acts are not exempt from the state cruelty-to-animals statute.

http://www.peta.org/feat/moorefield/

Gimme the name of one lion that does what is done in the link above.

IF ANYONE HERE CONDONES THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOUR YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!

My kids love the laptop meals...they are pretty cool and great for the price!

Sassygerl said:
My kids love the laptop meals...they are pretty cool and great for the price!

of COURSE they are good for the price. They put them in cages where they cant move, pump them with hormones (THAT ARE HORRIBLE FOR YOUR CHILDREN) abuse them, TORTURE THEM, and then SELL them to THE UNKNOWING.

KFC NEEDS TO BE STOPPED!

Bhodirasta said:
...Dan Rather echoed the views of all kind people when he said on the CBS Evening News, "[T]here's no mistaking what [the video] depicts: cruelty to animals, chickens horribly mistreated before they’re slaughtered for a fast-food chain....
I remember seeing the video about this on tv. Maybe it was Dan Rather, it was disgusting. I grew up on a farm and believe me, if my grandpap would have caught anyone treating chickens or turkeys the way those men were acting they would have got a good thrashing from Pap. He would have kicked the chit out of them.

We had chicken pot pie for supper. :eek:

Bhodi...please edit your previous 3 posts.

Bhodirasta said:
Timex said:
Bhodi...please edit your previous 3 posts.[/Q

tIMEX,
please let me know what i SHOULD EDIT FOR, and I shall gladly do so...
OH AND BY THE WAy,
please LET ME KNOW WHAT I SHOULD EDIT FOR CHICKENS!!!

eta...

if i am gone yee shall know what i am gone for..CHICKENS AND THEY DESERVE THE BEST!!! :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:
:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Hi Bhodi!:)

I'm not a fan of PETA, but I do think that the factory farm raised chickens
are treated and raised horribly. I can barely stand to eat it after
reading Joel Salatin's <---(spelling???)book Pastured Poultry Profits.
The horribly crowded and despicable conditions...not to mention the
antibiotics required and the ARSENIC in the feedstuff...is awful.

Factory farm eggs are just as bad...the hens NEVER get to eat the things that God made them to eat...no green grass, no buggies.They are
caged in TINY cages...6 hens to a cage, I do believe...with not enough room to rest...the cages have sloping wire floors...and the egg rolls immediately out. They don't even get the pleasure of clucking over their eggs...which
any chicken lover knows that some hens just LOVE to make a fuss over their
eggs!;)

I believe that God has allowed us to eat meat...in fact, I believe we so need
animal products of some sort or another. BUT, the Bible says that the righteous man careth for the life of his beast...God also says that no one was
ever to simmer a kid in it's mothers milk...God does not condone cruelty, imo.
And, I guess I feel it best that an animal live a life doing what God intended
for them to do...even if they indeed are destined for the table. I also think
small farms are much better things to support...environmentally and economically...than the factory giants. That's why we buy so much from
the Amish here...we make a weekly trip...but can't tell ya what all we get...
check out www.realmilk.com and you'll understand more about this all.

Anyway... The result of the factory farming method is an egg, that,
though still nutritional, has way more omega 6's than omega 3's (and an
imbalance of these vital oils is a major contributing factor to cancer sadly enough...in fact...taking extra omega 3's (flax seed oil,etc.), I have read, can
help prevent and even reverse cancers...but check this out for
yourselves y'all. I'm NO doc. and cannot advise.]

If y'all haven't had a REAL farm egg...they aren't too expensive (heck, if y'all lived near me you could have some for free!I love to share good things!) and you're in for quite a treat---if you like eggs.:D DH used to love eggs, and the store eggs started making him very sick, but our eggs never do...and that man can EAT! My word...a 6 egg omelette is nothing to him...add the bacon or sausage and toast and coffee...the man really oughtta be topping the scales at 400 lbs instead of 180!!!!! (He makes me ill...his metabolism...some people have all the luck, lol.:D I get by on salad & fruit,lol(oh and a bit of very spicy pepper jack...the HOTTER:furious: the better!!!;)))

Bhodi, you may not want to read this next part:

We raise our own chickens...for eggs. (Though admittedly I HAVE butchered
two really mean roosters before...I had no choice...they were awful and
becoming very dangerous to my children and the neighbor kids...who dear though they are, do not know enough to stay out of other people's
things (chicken coops, etc.),BUT these bad boys loved ME(well in a chicken kind of way)--would even sleep in my arms!!! So it was very SAD for me...I cried and cried. ugh!

They were mighty tasty though, lol, and my children were so not bothered...I was shocked!!!! Dd played Aunt Rhodie on our piano and was singing...Go tell Aunt Rhodie,Go tell Aunt Rho-oh-die...go tell Aunt Rhodie, the ole black rooster is dead. Then they said : oh my this is awful: "mmm, I'm eating Pity...mmm, I'm eating Nannie." Oh my goodness, am I raising little psychos???lol!:crazy: Dh couldn't eat any...poor guy.

WE have a really mean roo right now...and HE IS HUGE...but, as he is a
"purebreed", I shall try to find him a childless home this week. He's great
with the gals. (I can't quite bear to do him in...not sure if I'd do that
again...but if ever we have to, at least I know that I CAN.)

God bless,

love,

Ariel

one more chicken story lest y'all think that dd and ds are heartless.
Yesterday, ds was trying to capture his pet bantam roo.Well, said
roo wanted no part of it and turned and nailed him good. Spurred him
right in the face. Praise God that he missed his eyes!!!!One gash was
quite deep!

Well, ds was trying to get out of the woods to come in (as related by
dh who had observed all this but did not know ds was hurt) and my
very adorable little roo, Cuddlebug, who has taken a strange dislike to
ds, started after him. Usually my son finds Cuddle so funny...he is just
a huge ball of feathers and inept at fighting, but he was scared this time
and hurting...He, like most boys, is always carrying something...shovel,
hoe, rope, stick, etc. This time it was a stick! And Cuddlebug flew at him.
He swung to keep him away and, umm, connected soundly with my roos
noggin. Poor kid. (at this point dh headed out) He hadn't been crying before...
though his poor face was a bloody mess--he's a toughy---but he just burst
into tears...he thought he had killed that rooster.

He came in and I took care of his booboo..had to butterfly one of the
gashes!!!Wow, I had no idea that a tiny rooster could do that much
damage! And he just kinda buried his face into me and cried and cried...
I thought it was because he was hurt.

No, he was worried sick that he killed little Cuddlebug.
(Oh, Cuddle is fine!;) But hasn't went after ds today,lol.)

So, though my kiddos enjoyed their chicken dinner (my above post), they
really aren't so callous...I have two great kids. A fiery, brilliant little gal ( umm, I kid you not...she read Little Women at age 7/8.)
and a strong as an ox, sweet, sensitive, and loving guy.

Love y'all,

Sorry for the SO OFF TOPIC post!!!

Ariel

Ariel7, great posts. I know a mad rooster can outrun a kid!! And goose pinches hurt like crazy!! :p

I agree there is nothing better than a farm fresh egg.
My dad raised turkeys and grandpap had turkeys and chickens, along with the other critters on the farm.

My daughter used to tell her friends (she just mentioned this last week), that "My parents believe that if you can't kill it or grow it yourself, you don't need it."
I haven't bought meat or eggs at the grocery for years. I am not much of a meat person, I find it difficult to eat meat out at restaurants. I go for the fish.

My kids were raised on meat either from hunting or self-raised. That first steer, Blackjack, we brought home and raised was the hardest, but from then on we raised Meatball, Hamhock, BBQ, and other choice names knowing that they were destined for the freezer! But we knew how they were raised, what they were fed and how they were butchered.

I spend most of my summer gardening and then canning in the fall, but at least I know what is in my food and how it is prepared.

Lili said:
Ariel7, great posts. I know a mad rooster can outrun a kid!! And goose pinches hurt like crazy!! :p

I agree there is nothing better than a farm fresh egg.
My dad raised turkeys and grandpap had turkeys and chickens, along with the other critters on the farm.

My daughter used to tell her friends (she just mentioned this last week), that "My parents believe that if you can't kill it or grow it yourself, you don't need it."
I haven't bought meat or eggs at the grocery for years. I am not much of a meat person, I find it difficult to eat meat out at restaurants. I go for the fish.

My kids were raised on meat either from hunting or self-raised. That first steer, Blackjack, we brought home and raised was the hardest, but from then on we raised Meatball, Hamhock, BBQ, and other choice names knowing that they were destined for the freezer! But we knew how they were raised, what they were fed and how they were butchered.

I spend most of my summer gardening and then canning in the fall, but at least I know what is in my food and how it is prepared.

WOW! Y'all are much more self-reliant than I...I've always been more of
a homesteader wannabe! Great to read your post! God bless,
love,
Ariel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members