1190 users online (159 members and 1031 guests)  

Websleuths News

College student goes into labor, dies in dorm room

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/05/us/sou...html?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) -- A student found dead in her dormitory at a South Carolina college bled to death because of complications from childbirth, medical examiners reported Thursday........

Gibson's body was found Tuesday. There was no indication of foul play in her death, the coroner's office said.
    Short article....condolences to her family.

A tragedy....I just don't understand how this could happen. Was she not able to call for help? Why wasn't she missed by someone? She laid there and bled to death and wasn't found for almost 3 days! Did she even know she was pregnant? This did not have to happen!

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

How horribly tragic and sad. May they both RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Reader View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/05/us/sou...html?hpt=hp_t2

Short article....condolences to her family.

A tragedy....I just don't understand how this could happen. Was she not able to call for help? Why wasn't she missed by someone? She laid there and bled to death and wasn't found for almost 3 days! Did she even know she was pregnant? This did not have to happen!
    I don't understand it either. School medical records are confidential, so she could have gone to the health center without worrying that anyone else would be notified.

Very, very sad.

http://www.wltx.com/news/article/248...-Granddaughter

Grandmother says "Yanni" didn't know she was pregnant.

I believe she knew about and hid the pregnancy ... and I think she could've called for help if she wanted to but was trying to hide the birth. What she would've done after the fact will never be known now.

What became of the baby?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFan28 View Post
    What became of the baby?
    She bled to death and wasn't found for three days. I think that even if the baby survived the birth, it wouldn't have survived being left for three days.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaliLucia View Post
    She bled to death and wasn't found for three days. I think that even if the baby survived the birth, it wouldn't have survived being left for three days.
    The first article did say the baby was stillborn.

In the article it says the baby was stillborn
    England's dancing days are done...

My daughter came back from chapel services in college one morning to find the paramedics taking a classmate and her newly born baby out of the dorm. No one knew she was pregnant- she delivered by herself in a bunkbed!
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill