College student goes into labor, dies in dorm room

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/05/us/south-carolina-childbirth-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) -- A student found dead in her dormitory at a South Carolina college bled to death because of complications from childbirth, medical examiners reported Thursday........

Gibson's body was found Tuesday. There was no indication of foul play in her death, the coroner's office said.

Short article....condolences to her family.

A tragedy....I just don't understand how this could happen. Was she not able to call for help? Why wasn't she missed by someone? She laid there and bled to death and wasn't found for almost 3 days! Did she even know she was pregnant? This did not have to happen!

How horribly tragic and sad. May they both RIP.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/05/us/south-carolina-childbirth-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Short article....condolences to her family.

A tragedy....I just don't understand how this could happen. Was she not able to call for help? Why wasn't she missed by someone? She laid there and bled to death and wasn't found for almost 3 days! Did she even know she was pregnant? This did not have to happen!

I don't understand it either. School medical records are confidential, so she could have gone to the health center without worrying that anyone else would be notified.

Very, very sad.

I believe she knew about and hid the pregnancy ... and I think she could've called for help if she wanted to but was trying to hide the birth. What she would've done after the fact will never be known now.

She bled to death and wasn't found for three days. I think that even if the baby survived the birth, it wouldn't have survived being left for three days.

The first article did say the baby was stillborn. :(

My daughter came back from chapel services in college one morning to find the paramedics taking a classmate and her newly born baby out of the dorm. No one knew she was pregnant- she delivered by herself in a bunkbed!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa000ag
Back