1071 users online (218 members and 853 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    ariel7 is offline For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The beautiful foothills of Appalachia!
    Posts
    3,058

    Private Messages

    Hi Guys!

    I am wondering how I go about saving some of my pm's...I have
    been continually picking and choosing what to delete and have
    been up to and near 40 for a good while...There are a number of messages
    that are VERY precious to me and I don't want to lose them, but
    I'd sure like to get my mailbox cleaned out.

    Can anyone help?

    Thanks bunches and bunches!
    Love ya WS'ers,

    Ariel

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Sherman Oaks, CA
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by ariel7
    Hi Guys!

    I am wondering how I go about saving some of my pm's...I have
    been continually picking and choosing what to delete and have
    been up to and near 40 for a good while...There are a number of messages
    that are VERY precious to me and I don't want to lose them, but
    I'd sure like to get my mailbox cleaned out.

    Can anyone help?

    Thanks bunches and bunches!
    Love ya WS'ers,

    Ariel
    Right below your list of pm's are several links/options to download ALL your pm's, received and sent, to your computer. That way you can save everything.

    The links are XML, CSV, and TEXT.

    I download those I want to save as Text.

  3. #3
    ariel7 is offline For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The beautiful foothills of Appalachia!
    Posts
    3,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket
    Right below your list of pm's are several links/options to download ALL your pm's, received and sent, to your computer. That way you can save everything.

    The links are XML, CSV, and TEXT.

    I download those I want to save as Text.
    Thanks Sprocket!!

    Sorry, I am a little computer dense sometimes, but if I save them
    as TEXT, where do they end up? Some are private and I'd not want
    anyone else to see them. (lol, they aren't bad! Just personal...and
    if someone trusts me with things, I really don't want to betray 'em.)

    Can I have them moved over to my yahoo account somehow from
    the text download thingy...(I'd just save them in my drafts section...
    since I'm the only one that knows my yahoo password.)

    Gotta get offline--waiting on a phone call,

    much love to you

    Ariel

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Sherman Oaks, CA
    Posts
    3,955
    They are saved as a text file, on your computer/desktop, or where ever your system would automatically "save" downloads. They come all together, as one continuous stream of mails. The "SENT FILE" messages are listed first, and then the "IN BOX." The mails are listed in date/time order, within each file.

    Do you "share" a computer in your house?

    If you want to keep the files private, once the file is downloaded, you could copy it to a compose-new-message, save it in drafts in your yahoo mail, and then delete the file on our computer.

    Hope that helps.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    6,082

    I'm pretty simple here...

    I just highlight and copy the pm's I want to keep and then just open an e-mail in my Outlook Express (to myself) and paste them into that.

    I e-mail myself often! I don't get many e-mails from other people!!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Where else? Texas ! ! ! !
    Posts
    12,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovin
    I just highlight and copy the pm's I want to keep and then just open an e-mail in my Outlook Express (to myself) and paste them into that.

    I e-mail myself often! I don't get many e-mails from other people!!!!


    JOVIE

    If you are lonely I will happily send you emails...... You deserve a full inbox
    /


    "Would some power the Giftee gie us To see ourselves as others see us" R.Burns

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Sherman Oaks, CA
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovin
    I just highlight and copy the pm's I want to keep and then just open an e-mail in my Outlook Express (to myself) and paste them into that.

    I e-mail myself often! I don't get many e-mails from other people!!!! http://tinypic.com/4he8wh http://tinypic.com/4he908 http://tinypic.com/4he978
    You could save yourself all that work, by just downloading them.

    Give you more time, to search for smilies.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    6,082

    Oh Gabby...

    I was only teasing.....I'm fine....I hope you are too. God bless your sweet little heart....should say BIG heart!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    6,082

    That is very tempting...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket
    You could save yourself all that work, by just downloading them.

    Give you more time, to search for smilies.
    But I'm not too smart with my computer. I probably wouldn't know where I downloaded them to!!!

    Then it would probably say...."what do you want to open it with?" (which I get alot!) and then I'd be screaming at my computer as usual with "HOW THE HECK DO I KNOW! THAT'S YOUR FRIGGIN' JOB!"

    See, that's why I do things the hard way!

  10. #10
    ariel7 is offline For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The beautiful foothills of Appalachia!
    Posts
    3,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket
    They are saved as a text file, on your computer/desktop, or where ever your system would automatically "save" downloads. They come all together, as one continuous stream of mails. The "SENT FILE" messages are listed first, and then the "IN BOX." The mails are listed in date/time order, within each file.

    Do you "share" a computer in your house?

    If you want to keep the files private, once the file is downloaded, you could copy it to a compose-new-message, save it in drafts in your yahoo mail, and then delete the file on our computer.

    Hope that helps.
    Yes I share the computer but am very careful w/ passwords,etc.
    So, no one knows anyone's issues but me.

    Thanks bunches!!!!! This really helps..I'll have to do this later.

    God bless,

    Ariel


  11. #11
    ariel7 is offline For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The beautiful foothills of Appalachia!
    Posts
    3,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovin
    But I'm not too smart with my computer. I probably wouldn't know where I downloaded them to!!!

    Then it would probably say...."what do you want to open it with?" (which I get alot!) and then I'd be screaming at my computer as usual with "HOW THE HECK DO I KNOW! THAT'S YOUR FRIGGIN' JOB!"

    See, that's why I do things the hard way!
    ROFL! "what do you want to open it with" I hate that one,too!!!

    God bless,

    Ariel

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    6,082

    It drives me crazy!

    Well...even CRAZIER!

    I usually try a few programs that it lists, then just give up and GET VERY MAD!

  13. #13
    ariel7 is offline For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The beautiful foothills of Appalachia!
    Posts
    3,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovin
    Well...even CRAZIER!

    I usually try a few programs that it lists, then just give up and GET VERY MAD!
    Jovin, you are just the QUEEN of the smilies! rofl! They are TOO cute.
    Thank you much for the laughs, Your Majesty!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    6,082

    Well, what can I say?

    Quote Originally Posted by ariel7
    Jovin, you are just the QUEEN of the smilies! rofl! They are TOO cute.
    Thank you much for the laughs, Your Majesty!

  15. #15
    ariel7 is offline For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The beautiful foothills of Appalachia!
    Posts
    3,058
    Excellent show, Your Majesty Queen of the Smilies.



    Jovin, do you LOVE Elvis or something???? lol.
    My mom used to have a REAL photo of him on stage given to
    her by a photographer friend. I wish she still had it...I'd
    send it your way; she wouldn't have cared.

    God bless you!
    Long live the Queen!

    Ariel<-----I've been sitting here too long again. I'd best sign off, now,
    lol. I don't want to become ws addicted. ugh. *waving bye*

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Private messages
    By phishphan_419 in forum Forum Finesse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-27-2009, 10:18 PM
  2. Reply to Private Messages
    By bykerladi in forum Forum Finesse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2006, 08:01 PM