The Incinerator #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Chilling new details in the mysterious Tim Bosma homicide

When the man placed an order for a portable livestock incinerator last summer, he asked all the usual questions about the device’s size and fuel source. Soon after, the unit was shipped for about $15,000.
snip***

But based on their Internet footprints, they appear to be friends, each travelling a winding path that sometimes took dark turns
snip***

Mr. Millard attended the prestigious Toronto French School but left after Grade 10. He studied 3D games animation at Humber College in 2002 but was once “caught red-handed” plagiarizing the work of his classmates, according to a source at the college.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rge-in-mysterious-bosma-case/article12757899/

Much more at link^

Thread #1

My bad as I should have noticed earlier, but I have moved these posts over to General Discussion. That's what a vacation will do to you!

Please stay on topic in the designated threads.

:tyou:

So how do you think you go about fining a deadstock incinerator if you need one?

I was playing around with searches on Google and noticed the Eliminator Incinerator pops up as a Google Ad with keywords like "carcass incinerator" or "dead farm animal incinerator" or "deadstock incinerator" or "livestock incinerator" and is buried in the results or doesn't appear for keywords that don't include an animal reference.

Just saying, to find this product, you really do have to be looking for a deadstock incinerator...you would not stumble across it if you were searching other types of incinerator...which is another way of confirming it was purchased to get rid of dead things.

So how do you think you go about fining a deadstock incinerator if you need one?

I was playing around with searches on Google and noticed the Eliminator Incinerator pops up as a Google Ad with keywords like "carcass incinerator" or "dead farm animal incinerator" or "deadstock incinerator" or "livestock incinerator" and is buried in the results or doesn't appear for keywords that don't include an animal reference.

Just saying, to find this product, you really do have to be looking for a deadstock incinerator...you would not stumble across it if you were searching other types of incinerator...which is another way of confirming it was purchased to get rid of dead things.

Well, that is what the employee said he wanted it for.

JMO

'Disposing of dead animals in incinerator' would seem to bring it up....

Which apparently was the reason for purchase....nothing unusual there IMO.....

:dunno:

IMO ...as stated many many times it becomes unusual to PURCHASE an incinerator used for disposal of livestock when you have a vacant farm with no livestock!...I live in an area HUGE with farms...I asked my neighbor a soybean farmer another corn farmer and a sod farmer with 400acres,,,,Hey did you ever find a need for an Incinerator as you have so much acres,,,,,,with some wild animals running around....IMO they all laughed and said " what for?????" that would be crazy to spend 15,ooo to get rid of the occasional dead coyte....etc....robynhood..:floorlaugh:

IMO ...as stated many many times it becomes unusual to PURCHASE an incinerator used for disposal of livestock when you have a vacant farm with no livestock!...I live in an area HUGE with farms...I asked my neighbor a soybean farmer another corn farmer and a sod farmer with 400acres,,,,Hey did you ever find a need for an Incinerator as you have so much acres,,,,,,with some wild animals running around....IMO they all laughed and said " what for?????" that would be crazy to spend 15,ooo to get rid of the occasional dead coyte....etc....robynhood..:floorlaugh:

Yes I know a lot of country folk myself and they could find a use for an incinerator...... and thats good enough for me..

As for myself. I wish I had one...especially on days when garbage collection comes days late after a long weekend..... the heat and the flies make for some vile maggots if left too long.....just sayin ' :scared:

I expect quite a few people would like one if they could afford it..... I mean its a glorified wood stove really....imo

Yes I know a lot of country folk myself and they could find a use for an incinerator...... and thats good enough for me..

As for myself. I wish I had one...especially on days when garbage collection comes days late after a long weekend..... the heat and the flies make for some vile maggots if left too long.....just sayin ' :scared:

I expect quite a few people would like one if they could afford it..... I mean its a glorified wood stove really....imo

bbm

Fine. But how many actually have such a need as to ACTUALLY HAVE one? Which was the original reason it was deemed odd. It's unheard of around here.

Even the country folk you know don't have one and that is our finding too.

So the point of fact is no one on this forum so far knows anyone in the Ontario area, with lots of animals or not that has one.

It's odd given the circumstances of the crime. However, I fully, 110% support the idea/right to have what you want whether you NEED it or not.

bbm

Fine. But how many actually have such a need as to ACTUALLY HAVE one? Which was the original reason it was deemed odd. It's unheard of around here.

So the point of fact is no one on this forum so far knows anyone in the Ontario area, with lots of animals or not that has one.

It's odd given the circumstances of the crime. However, I fully, 110% support the idea/right to have what you want whether you NEED it or not.

I would say it was just the price that was the reason many don't buy one... JMO

Excellent point. If one could purchase such a machine at the Canadian Tire for the cost of a lawn mower, maybe all the farmers in Ontario would be all "hey hey my my, I want me one of those livestock incinerators, might be good to have around".

I would say it was just the price that was the reason many don't buy one... JMO

The fact is that all people I know and all people you know DON't have one. Not one single person anywhere we can find.......
However DM has one with no possible legal use/need for it(which is ok by me) but considering the crime it is significantly interesting and possibly evidence.

The fact is that all people I know and all people you know DON't have one. Not one single person anywhere we can find.......
However DM has one with no possible legal use/need for it(which is ok by me) but considering the crime it is significantly interesting and possibly evidence.

I don't actually know if anyone I know has one..... so how do you know?

I may not know of it...but I do know people who may have one but I haven't asked to confirm. Actually I think I will actually now ask and get an update....

But how do you know that no-one I know has an incinerator ???:shocked2: you know more about them than I do.....:clap:

Well I was reading around and found a possible reason for Millard Air to have an incinerator, for the MRO.

A passenger airplane can be full of garbage, food waste, human waste and if you have a plane in for repairs for a few weeks it might smell nicer if you actually cleaned it out. In fact you could damage some surfaces if you left garbage in the plane for that long. Now some of this waste could be international and that's where the government gets all excited and demands special handling rules. (As well I expect whatever's in the loo needs to be handled a certain way.) Neither material can be thrown in a dumpster by law. So...incinerate. Just because the materials came off a plane, there is nothing else you can do with them.

The moist food and human waste would be a suitable load for the incinerator, and any paper, etc. could be burned up too. However, the incinerator was ordered and never used (?) because the MRO never got rolling and there was no plane waste to process.

If you search for "canada incinerator" the Supernova site comes up as a Google ad, so there is a simple way for Millard Air to have stumbled upon this company. The salesman discussed technical specs with the Millard Air employee so perhaps this item was shopped for based on its specifications and suitability for handling wet waste and the salesperson made the assumption that the unit was to dispose of animals. Perhaps the MA employee did not want to get into a big discussion over whether the incinerator was rated for the aviation industry because an incinerator is an incinerator.

Thus the incinerator would have been purchased for a valid reason.

Continuing on in the no-fault vein, DM accidentally kills TB by stunt driving and has a body to dispose of. After the fact, he tows the incinerator to the farm and incinerates the body there (because doing so at the hangar would be way too suspicious...as well you do not want to run one of these things inside because you will get dust, just like a smoker's house is dusty from all the cigarette smoke.)

etc.

It makes more sense that a business would buy a $15k device than an individual.

bbm

Now that I think of it, forget the farmers. If many of the city folk I know here in Toronto - the Raccoon Capital of the World - could buy one for the cost of a lawn mower at the Crappy Tire, they probably would. No sillies, not to dispose of those nasty raccoons but to dispose of their garbage that keeps those annoying critters from coming back. Anyone who has had to replace their roof because a mama raccoon was running out of places to nest would understand how important it is to teach a raccoon that your home is not a place where they can eat and stay.

Now that I think of it, forget the farmers. If many of the city folk I know here in Toronto - the Raccoon Capital of the World - could buy one for the cost of a lawn mower at the Crappy Tire, they probably would. No sillies, not to dispose of those nasty raccoons but to dispose of their garbage that keeps those annoying critters from coming back. Anyone who has had to replace their roof because a mama raccoon was running out of places to nest would understand how important it is to teach a raccoon that your home is not a place where they can eat and stay.

Yes, you just wouldn't be able to run one in the city because of proximity to buildings, zoning and the emissions, etc.

Yes, you just wouldn't be able to run one in the city because of proximity to buildings, zoning and the emissions, etc.

Yeah too bad. How neat would it be to have a farm with lots of space though, not much out of the way from work. You could dump your garbage there all the time!

Yeah too bad. How neat would it be to have a farm with lots of space though, not much out of the way from work. You could dump your garbage there all the time!

Yes, the farm would be a great place to run the thing. I think the problem with processing Millard Air's waste there is the same thing, plane waste being highly regulated. I am sure that setup would be against the zoning rules.

If the incinerator was purchased for disposal of hazardous waste at the airport related to the MRO, I'm sure there would be governmental emission test requirements to be satisfied. Would be interesting to know if any approvals were ever applied for.

from Supernova:
http://www.supernovamfg.com/faq.html

Q. Are emissions test data available?
A. Emissions test data is available at the request of government officials. State or local officials may contact us for these results. If the customer will provide the name and contact information of the agency, we will ensure that the agent has the correct data needed to submit their approvals.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rge-in-mysterious-bosma-case/article12757899/

The Ontario buyer said he wanted to dispose of dead farm animals.

IMO, had the incinerator been purchased for the MRO, I'm sure many questions would have been asked of Mr. Penner as they relate to use in an aviation facility.

If the incinerator was purchased for disposal of hazardous waste at the airport related to the MRO, I'm sure there would be governmental emission test requirements to be satisfied. Would be interesting to know if any approvals were ever applied for.

from Supernova:
http://www.supernovamfg.com/faq.html

IMO, had the incinerator been purchased for the MRO, I'm sure many questions would have been asked of Mr. Penner as they relate to use in an aviation facility.

Yes I am suggesting that it would be a mickey mouse solution for a professionally run MRO, but maybe it is one of the things they needed on site to get going and they were just looking for a cheap one until they had more clients to support something better and they really weren't concerned about the paperwork at that point. Just a hack to move forward with the MRO.

Gotta love that "Chilling new details..." article, we keep coming back to it. Could there be a bit of 'broken telephone' going on...did the purchaser really explicitly say they wanted to burn deadstock or did that sort of get assumed as the conversation quickly moved on to the technical details?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246