Don’t believe your eyes: This house is 26 feet underground

Reader

Reaction score
http://now.msn.com/underground-home-in-las-vegas-looks-just-like-the-real-thing

If something about this Las Vegas house and its lush settings makes you a little anxious, you might be sensing that it’s buried 26 feet underground. Built in response to Cold War fears, the 15,200-square-foot basement yard and 5,000-square-foot Armageddon dream home lie below an aboveground two story house (see photo No. 10 above)...........

More info:

http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2013/sep/03/house-boasts-healthier-cleaner-quieter-cheaper-saf/

That is pretty amazing,but the pink has to go-lol

I love reading about "unique" homes...

DH and I used to look forward to a weekly show that shared incredibly unique homes...

The focus wasnt the elaborate, champagne dreams kind of houses... But those that were made in interesting locales and/or with interesting materials...

Tree houses... Houses made in missile silos... Houses made on sticks in the ocean where hurricanes were plenty... Etc...

Thanks! :seeya:

That gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "full basement"...

well, ya can tell it was built in 1971 ...

I like the idea of it though - if I was rich, I would appease my inner paranoia by building an elaborate hidden house for sure

I knew someone from my childhood who had sort of a safe room/bomb shelter in or under his mansion - I never saw it, just read about it after he was convicted for murder

Interesting.

What is the fake rock that opens? Is that a cooler? (It looks more like a small coffin! :eek:)
Agree that the pink totally sucks. Someone must have had a wife that liked pink back in the day. It all looks so fake and reminds me of a Lost in Space episode. :floorlaugh:

My very paranoid mind likes the idea. Can't see what alternative forms of energy there are, if any.

My very paranoid mind thinks that if that area is nuked it would do no good. Chernobyl is still to highly radioactive to be around, I'm sure it goes well beyond 26 feet down.

I've seen some cool ones on t.v. over the years, one a man made of glass bottles and partially underground. That was just interesting. Just not sure that this would ease the paranoia. Oh, the exits could be easily found, a faux cave and a shed???

Interesting.

What is the fake rock that opens? Is that a cooler? (It looks more like a small coffin! :eek:)
Agree that the pink totally sucks. Someone must have had a wife that liked pink back in the day. It all looks so fake and reminds me of a Lost in Space episode. :floorlaugh:

My very paranoid mind likes the idea. Can't see what alternative forms of energy there are, if any.

My very paranoid mind thinks that if that area is nuked it would do no good. Chernobyl is still to highly radioactive to be around, I'm sure it goes well beyond 26 feet down.

I've seen some cool ones on t.v. over the years, one a man made of glass bottles and partially underground. That was just interesting. Just not sure that this would ease the paranoia. Oh, the exits could be easily found, a faux cave and a shed???

The rock looks like a BBQ grill to me!

I am having flashbacks to the 70s. Was born in 70something :D and that bathroom is giving me flashbacks to when I was a wee girl. The plush rug (why on earth carpet a bathroom? Who thought this was a good idea?!), the overly ornate fixtures, the colors (except no orange and pea green, thankfully).... :puke:

Interesting concept though lol!

Lol, plush rug in a bathroom, bad idea!

I was born before you, but yeah, it was the '70's. PINK!!!!!! OMG!!!!

Seriously, how safe is it really? A few million??!!! What??!!! Okay, some people must have money to blow. I don't even know what that amount means, but, if I had it, I would have a lot more research done! (Might be better off paying for the imaginary trip to the moon, or freezing your brain, I don't know...)

So if you live 26 ft under and then you die and they bury you six feet under... does that make death upward social mobility?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back