GUILTY Canada - Nina Courtepatte, 13, Edmonton AB, 3 April 2005

stormonster

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
story here

Nina Courtepatte was found bludgeoned to death on the fourth fairway of the Edmonton Springs Golf Resort April 4.

Courtepatte's parents reported Nina missing two days after her body was found.

They had last seen her on April 1, though they had talked to her on the phone on April 3.

:waitasec: I'm confused with the timeline on this article. Depressed with the content. How awful! Did anyone hear about this?

It would help if you gave us a link..... or even a city and state.

Audrey - the link is in the first line of her post.

According to the article, it's Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

stormonster said:
story here

Nina Courtepatte was found bludgeoned to death on the fourth fairway of the Edmonton Springs Golf Resort April 4.

Courtepatte's parents reported Nina missing two days after her body was found.

They had last seen her on April 1, though they had talked to her on the phone on April 3.

:waitasec: I'm confused with the timeline on this article. Depressed with the content. How awful! Did anyone hear about this?

It is a weird story, isn't it? I tell you what, this board has been a big education for me.

There seem to be so many families who don't keep regular tabs on their kids - they come and go, and nobody seems to think all that much of kids missing for days.

Like, 13 year old kids. It's bizarre.

Where did they think this 13 year old girl was, I wonder, and why wasn't she at HOME? Why was she just on the phone and not there?

I was wondering why the parents didn't report her missing until 2 days after she had been found but had talked to her on the phone? Did they think she was staying with someone or what? Really strange. It is like the little girl of the same age that was just found in Florida. She gets home from a church outing on Sat but her mom didn't realize that she was missing until Monday because she thought she was staying with a friend???????? Didn't she check with the friend on Sat after the girls got back? Did the daughter never call her mom when she was at a friends home over the weekend?

I'm glad that they caught the people involved in this murder. That is really scary that 4 people could target one young girl to take out and murder. No sexual abuse...just the thrill of the kill is what it sounds like. We live in a scary world with a lot of evil in it. I hope all 4 of those killers get the death penalty....no reason why they shouldn't.

This is a very strange case... here's another story where her older sister hasn't seen her in 7 years?? What kind of messed up family is that? I guess they weren't close?

http://www.herald.ns.ca/stories/2005/04/14/fCanada216.raw.html

She was a gorgeous little girl, wanting to be a model:
ab_courtepatte_nina.jpg

And now a FIFTH person has been charged:
http://calgary.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=ca-courtepatte-police20050415
with a possible sixth person being involved.

My theory is that the 16-year old (the fith person charged) was jealous of this pretty girl because of a boy or something and so all five of these people gnaged up on her. Either that or she witnessed something and was going to tell.
But did you see the disparity in ages?? One of the murderers is 34, one is 19, 2 are 17 and one is 16.
This little girl is only 13... why was she hanging out with adults and why did her mother not report her missing until two days AFTER the body was found??

This is a crazy story.... sick people in this world!

KatherineQ said:
New article today - one of those charged admits what happened and fleshes out some details.

Bizarre. It's looking like there isn't going to be a "reason" why they turned on her and killed her, it was one of those things like a group of animals attacking out of the blue.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/EdmontonSun/News/2005/04/19/1003274-sun.html
I think from a line in that story that there is a reason why the one girl beat her...
"He said Courtepatte and another person got into a confrontation, then others joined in beating her. He said he didn't participate in the assault."

They had to have the weapons used on hand .... so it was planned and premeditated in my opinion.

Maybe it was premeditated - I guess it's too early to tell at this point. Maybe those tools were just in the car? I don't know.

To me, it's more believable that they just all turned on her all of a sudden, like pit bulls gone bad. When I read through the genders and ages of the attackers, it's just hard to imagine the motive.

Like remember a year or so ago when a woman and girls beat a girl? It was horrid - but the motive was very clear - the girl had taken another girl's boyfriend. Weird weird weird people but you can put your finger on the motive.

You might be right, I don't know.

Courtepatte killer also guilty of prostitute's murder

This guy killed at least one other woman and I fear he may have killed others too.

An Edmonton man who murdered 13-year-old Nina Courtepatte in 2005 was found guilty Monday of killing prostitute Ellie May Meyer just two days before the girl was slain.

Joseph Laboucan pleaded not guilty at the opening of his trial Monday, but his lawyer said the defence did not dispute the Crown's case against him.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2011/09/26/edmonton-laboucan-meyer-murder-trial.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back