TN - Addict on the mend pays back Nashville market for 2002 robbery, and apologizes

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
InterAsian Market Receives Apology Note, $300 From Person Who Robbed the Store 11 Years Ago. (nashvillescene.com)
---
An unidentified man brought it in an envelope marked "OWNER," says Somboon Wu, son of store owner Keosavanh Xayarath. When Wu hesitated, the man grew insistent, saying he had to give the envelope directly to the owner "because there's money" in it.

Wu says he began to feel wary about accepting the envelope from the stranger, but the man was dogged. "He kept insisting I take it. He left, he came back. He was really emphatic: 'Take it.' " Eventually the man put the envelope on the counter and left.

"My dad waited to open the envelope," Wu tells the Scene, because of their discomfort about the mysterious transaction. They considered calling an attorney to inspect whatever the document might be.

Finally, Xayarath opened the envelope, discovering the letter and $300 dollars, the amount the man confessed to stealing in an armed robbery more than a decade ago, while he was under the influence of drugs.
---
more, with a copy of the cover note, at link

I like how the owner responded on instaagram and twitter, letting the guy know that he is forgiven.

From your link:

"To the anonymous person, we want to tell you all is forgiven and thank for your note. We don't care about the money. We are more inspired and touched by your act. We hope you find peace in life and prosperity. Best wishes!"

I hope the guy reads it.

I like reading stories like this....gives hope to people who have turned their lives around and they will be forgiven, accepted and encouraged. Bravo to the owner also!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back