CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatFancier

Former Member
Reaction score
Missing Teen's Car Is Found Overturned In Castaic

http://hometownstation.com/santa-clarita-news/missing-teens-car-found-overturned-castaic-37484

https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA?ref=stream

1240648_620106978033709_749536956_n.jpg

Thread #1

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

Thanks,

Cat

PHew!!! I got this whole message done, hit submit & got "thread closed." I was scared the whole thing had been shut down. Thankfully I C&P'd my message before figuring out what was going on!

Thought: Bryce was not trying to drive down Main Ramp Road going around the locked access gate... We've heard mention of a cell tower. I'm thinking he was actually driving around this cell tower (there is no cell tower by the MR Rd gate) & rolled down to MR Rd. Also the "gate" he would have driven around would actually be the guard rail. Thoughts?

I recall initial news reports saying he rolled onto MR Rd, but had forgotten about it until looking at maps again now. The Distance from the intersection of MR Rd & Lake Hughes to this cell tower is just .2 miles. 1.9 miles away from the body found.

A = Lake Hughes Rd / Main Ramp Rd
B = Cell Tower
C = Body
LH-MR-Cell-Body_zps10b212c7.png

Close up of relation between intersection & cell tower
Cell_MR_zps5ea35847.png

Satellite of Cell Tower area
CellTower_Sat_zps1fd2d787.png

Street View of Cell Tower
CellTower_street_zpsafb9d64e.png

Is there a current map of the various locations floating around?

:bump:

Today, 03:03 PM
dragracerz
Verified insider - Bryce Laspisa case

Originally Posted by margarita25
Has TES been contacted or their presence requested?
Yes, I just spoke with them and because of the detective in charge they will not help. I cannot say anymore about it.
We had a great phone conversation and they would like to help but can't
[WS is really slow right now!]

http://sheriff.lacounty.gov/wps/por...low+vehicle+found+near+castaic+lake++lasd+scv

Reposting for new thread, this is the official LASD missing person report.

Timeline (by kevsrebla)

Monday August 26 Bryce attends his speech class and web design class at Sierra College and has a “good normal conversation” with his mother, according to her. The family has a photo taken that afternoon of a “happy” Bryce posing with a Madden sports video game.

Tuesday 27th Bryce admits to his girlfriend he took at least one pill described as medication for attention deficit disorder, according to conversations relayed by the girlfriend to Bryce’s mother. “He was acting strange and he admitted he took that pill,” she said quoting the girlfriend.

Wednesday 1:30pm told his mom he was breaking up with his girl friend Kim Sly, they started dating March 15th ish
She (mother)also received information that Bryce had taken a pill, or pills normally prescribed for children suffering from attention deficit disorder.

10 p.m. Wednesday - Bryce reportedly tries to break up with his girlfriend. Friends, concerned about his behavior, take away his car keys.

10:30 p.m. Wednesday - Karen Laspisa tells the friends, by phone, to return the keys to her son after she speaks to him she told him she was going to fly up to the college to see him, he reportedly said: “Mom, do not make any flight. I have a lot to talk to you about.’”

Wednesday 11:30pm Bryce Laspisa leaves Chico, according to his girlfriend, Kim.
journey started Wednesday north of Sacramento

Wednesday 10pm left Sierra College in Rocklin north of Sacramento and began his drive to Laguna Niguel.

Thursday 9:am Bryce ran out of gas and called roadside assistance from the Buttonwillow Rest Area west of Bakersfield, a fact confirmed by the credit card company.

Thursday 12pm a roadside assistance serviceman named Christian delivers three gallons of gasoline to Bryce, according to a $20 credit card purchase for the fuel. “He’s not answering his phone (at this time),” his mother said.

Thursday 12:30pm Karen Laspisa calls serviceman Christian and asks about her son. He tells her he appears “OK” but adds: “His eyes look a little red.” Bryce does not answer his cell phone.

Thursday 9pm responding to a call from the mother, CHP officers stop and search Bryce’s car spotted on Lagoon Drive in Buttonwillow. “Something happened in the whole 10 hours he was around there,” she said. This may be the time at which he was considered missing with police first but then taken off that list.

Thursday 10pm Karen speaks to her son on the phone and asks: “What are you doing?” His response, she said, is: “I’m going to hang with friends later.”Thirty minutes later, he bought a $1.71 beverage from a Shell gas station near Buttonwillow exit on the corner of Tracey Ave and Lagoon Dr

Friday 12:30 am parents tried calling him but got no answer

Friday 1:50am Bryce’s parents reached him and he had said he was driving on the I-5 but could not see any signs, she said.

Friday 2:08 am last call to parents, was tired and going to pullover to rest. “He told me ‘I got off the I-5 and I’m in a suburban area. I’m going to sleep in my car,’” said Karen Laspisa (mother) “I told him to call me when he got up the next morning.”
He never called

Between 2:08 a.m. and 5 a.m. Friday - Bryce makes three trips to the crash site – the last trip ending with the crash, according to what his mother described as surveillance footage captured by cameras set up near Castaic Lake.

The crash had to happen between 4:20 a.m. and 5:15 a.m, It had gone down a 15-foot ravine nose first and landed on the passenger side. Bryce (or someone) has used an emergency tool to break the back window

Friday 5:30 am officers of the California Highway Patrol found his 2003 Toyota Highlander SUV on its side at the bottom of a 15-foot ravine on the Castaic Lake Main Boat Launch access road(Main Ramp Rd. The back window had been shattered.
cell phone, laptop and wallet inside the vehicle.

“There was some blood but they don’t know if it’s Bryce’s,” she said, adding investigators are now examining it for clues.

Friday 8am local police went to parents house to inform them they had found the SUV

6:04 am Wednesday September 4th - burning body reported by cyclist ~2 miles from the crash scene

Ok. So his body hasn't been found, and TES is a no go.

What next?

See below:

They've filled out forms for Tim Miller's Equisearch Team. They have fought tooth and nail to get media attention. Much more than we we've seen in some cases! I think they are doing the best they can at this point, and holding off on searches only because they don't know if Bryce has been found yet or not!

No criticism meant at all! Who the heck but sleuthers and people who have gone through it would know everything they can do at such a moment. But I see a serious lack of the kind of organization critical to finding a loved one who has disappeared. If they are holding off though, that tells me that deep down they are pretty certain the body is Bryce's. :moo:.

If not, they need help and fast.

Yes, I just spoke with them and because of the detective in charge they will not help. I cannot say anymore about it.
We had a great phone conversation and they would like to help but can't

Okay, here's some great organizations that can help right now:

http://www.carolesundfoundation.com/

These people will help mobilize and are excellent at getting media attention. They help the families survive the ordeal and they also help with developing a professional family spokesperson to aid in PR and media, to make sure the case is not ignored and has the kind of publicity that perks people's ears up and gets the public involved.

Your family has apparently spoken to Marc Klaas so no need to repost that info. But just in case, here's his site with resources as to what exactly to do immediately when your loved one goes missing: http://www.klaaskids.org/pg-missingchildren.htm

Here's TeamAmber set up by Amber Dubois' mom. She's SoCal and they have SAR teams who can help with private searches when LE drops the ball. If TES cannot help, these people can. They helped find Michelle Le and know how to set up a command center, etc.: http://teamamberrescue.org/about_us.html
http://teamamberrescue.org/our_team.html

Some family member or friend who is capable of helping right now and not too distraught, needs to man the FB for Bryce and answer every question that can be answered, contact anyone who has a sighting and respond to those who want to join search efforts.

It really troubles me that a guy who posted on there who lives in the area and states he knows the canyons like the back of his hand, was ignored when he reached out to try to organize a search effort. I am not criticizing. I can't imagine being in their position. I'd probably have to be sedated, and in the hospital myself. But the family and friends desperately need help organizing and I'm trying to address that.

Also, the mom appears to be manning the page. That is crazy to me. I can't imagine she's in any position to actively man it. In response to sightings, her answer was a vague, "I hope people who have sightings to report are contacting LE". This family needs a lot of help right now!

Dragracerz, I hope this info is of some assistance to your family.

The person they found could be an awful coincidence, especially considering all the activity in that region with burning bodies (WTH?) I remain hopeful that the body isn't Bryce and that he can still be found.

http://sheriff.lacounty.gov/wps/por...low+vehicle+found+near+castaic+lake++lasd+scv

Reposting for new thread, this is the official LASD missing person report.

Timeline (by kevsrebla)

Monday August 26 Bryce attends his speech class and web design class at Sierra College and has a “good normal conversation” with his mother, according to her. The family has a photo taken that afternoon of a “happy” Bryce posing with a Madden sports video game.

Tuesday 27th Bryce admits to his girlfriend he took at least one pill described as medication for attention deficit disorder, according to conversations relayed by the girlfriend to Bryce’s mother. “He was acting strange and he admitted he took that pill,” she said quoting the girlfriend.

Wednesday 1:30pm told his mom he was breaking up with his girl friend Kim Sly, they started dating March 15th ish
She (mother)also received information that Bryce had taken a pill, or pills normally prescribed for children suffering from attention deficit disorder.

10 p.m. Wednesday - Bryce reportedly tries to break up with his girlfriend. Friends, concerned about his behavior, take away his car keys.

10:30 p.m. Wednesday - Karen Laspisa tells the friends, by phone, to return the keys to her son after she speaks to him she told him she was going to fly up to the college to see him, he reportedly said: “Mom, do not make any flight. I have a lot to talk to you about.’”

Wednesday 11:30pm Bryce Laspisa leaves Chico, according to his girlfriend, Kim.
journey started Wednesday north of Sacramento

Wednesday 10pm left Sierra College in Rocklin north of Sacramento and began his drive to Laguna Niguel.

Thursday 9:am Bryce ran out of gas and called roadside assistance from the Buttonwillow Rest Area west of Bakersfield, a fact confirmed by the credit card company.

Thursday 12pm a roadside assistance serviceman named Christian delivers three gallons of gasoline to Bryce, according to a $20 credit card purchase for the fuel. “He’s not answering his phone (at this time),” his mother said.

Thursday 12:30pm Karen Laspisa calls serviceman Christian and asks about her son. He tells her he appears “OK” but adds: “His eyes look a little red.” Bryce does not answer his cell phone.

Thursday 9pm responding to a call from the mother, CHP officers stop and search Bryce’s car spotted on Lagoon Drive in Buttonwillow. “Something happened in the whole 10 hours he was around there,” she said. This may be the time at which he was considered missing with police first but then taken off that list.

Thursday 10pm Karen speaks to her son on the phone and asks: “What are you doing?” His response, she said, is: “I’m going to hang with friends later.”Thirty minutes later, he bought a $1.71 beverage from a Shell gas station near Buttonwillow exit on the corner of Tracey Ave and Lagoon Dr

Friday 12:30 am parents tried calling him but got no answer

Friday 1:50am Bryce’s parents reached him and he had said he was driving on the I-5 but could not see any signs, she said.

Friday 2:08 am last call to parents, was tired and going to pullover to rest. “He told me ‘I got off the I-5 and I’m in a suburban area. I’m going to sleep in my car,’” said Karen Laspisa (mother) “I told him to call me when he got up the next morning.”
He never called

Between 2:08 a.m. and 5 a.m. Friday - Bryce makes three trips to the crash site – the last trip ending with the crash, according to what his mother described as surveillance footage captured by cameras set up near Castaic Lake.

The crash had to happen between 4:20 a.m. and 5:15 a.m, It had gone down a 15-foot ravine nose first and landed on the passenger side. Bryce (or someone) has used an emergency tool to break the back window

Friday 5:30 am officers of the California Highway Patrol found his 2003 Toyota Highlander SUV on its side at the bottom of a 15-foot ravine on the Castaic Lake Main Boat Launch access road(Main Ramp Rd. The back window had been shattered.
cell phone, laptop and wallet inside the vehicle.

“There was some blood but they don’t know if it’s Bryce’s,” she said, adding investigators are now examining it for clues.

Friday 8am local police went to parents house to inform them they had found the SUV

6:04 am Wednesday September 4th - burning body reported by cyclist ~2 miles from the crash scene

Has the amount of blood, or its specific location, been released? Any blood trail?

One more question, how many feet from the road was the body found? TIA.
<still trying to get caught up here, sorry>

I'm sure LE hasn't released yet whether there is evidence of an accelerant used?

Has the amount of blood, or its specific location, been released? Any blood trail?

dragracerz says the amount of blood was insignificant. I think they said they haven't released other information though, such as location, trail etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine