1104 users online (267 members and 837 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Firm markets Lego-like, 'Breaking Bad'-referencing, 500-piece meth lab play set

Outrage as toy company creates 'crystal meth lab' for children with Breaking Bad play sets. (Daily Mail)
    Children can now build their own drug dens with a shocking new play kit inspired by TV show Breaking Bad.

The sell-out £160 kit, branded 'SuperLab', lets any child or adult recreate Walter White's notorious crystal meth lab.

Complete with protective masks, drug paraphernalia, figurines and a version of the car from the show, infants can even reenact scenes from the series.

The toy looks similar to a classic Lego set, although it is not connected to the Danish company in any way and was made by a separate firm.
    ---
    more, with pictures, at link above

In spite of the Mail's tabloid shrieking (I love it when the first word in a headline is "outrage"!), the $250 set - which, btw, is now sold out - is a product from a firm which markets limited edition sets to "nostalgia benders" and "jaded hipsters" - not to children.

Citizen Brick

I don't think any parent would spend $250 in one pop on Legos, unless it was the Star Wars death star set or something that the kid begged for incessantly for days.

I love it, I want one!! This is not meant for kids anyway
    Neither the state nor the defense team are saints, and there is usually plenty of incompetence to go around on both sides of the courtroom.