Not open for further replies.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Police searching for missing Watson girl

[snip]

The sheriff's department reports Willow Long, 7, of Watson was reported missing by her parents at about 10:15 a.m. They believed she disappeared between 9 and 10:15 a.m., probably walking away from the family home.

http://effinghamdailynews.com/local...-for-missing-Watson-girl#sthash.JGJxo5L8.dpuf

UPDATE: Authorities Searching for Missing Watson Girl

A 7-year old girl is missing from Watson, and authorities are asking for help in locating her.

[snip]

Watson's Fire Department has been set up as a staging area for search teams as authorities comb the area for the girl. We spoke with Watson Fire Chief Matt Kulesza Sunday afternoon, who told us that at this time, search volunteers are not being sought, but those that show up to help will not be turned away. Kulesza said search dogs are on the way to help, and an Illinois State Police search plane is on standby.

[snip]

When Willow left home this morning, her mother says she didn't take her glasses.

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-local-news/7442-authorities-searching-for-missing-watson-girl

CASE MAP - https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zSOXr2WUMk3o.keHGwumstTfY

Willow%20Long-600.jpg
Willow%20Long%202.JPG

Oh my gosh. Where is the world is this little girl. From what I can tell this is a very small town. Prayers for her safe return to her family. :praying:

Note the update from 18:30...preparations for night search. Are there woods or something nearby I wonder?

ETA: it looks like fields and stuff. I don't know how to show the map, sorry, I used the maps on my iPad?

So I wonder if her glasses are mainly for reading, that she left the house without them?

Was she wearing her nightshirt? I wonder why.

And I wonder where she was heading?

Hoping you are safe and found quickly, little Miss Willow.

praying all ends well with this... I wonder why she left? Where was she headed?

These small towns are so far apart from others, although this one is very close to I57 which is the main highway through the middle of the state. Do they have alerts out on the highway? In my experience, there are very few signs that far south. Maybe that has changed. The next major stop on that highway is Effingham. Is there an alert active there?

praying all ends well with this... I wonder why she left? Where was she headed?

Right, I am curious too. "Away from her house" could mean many different things, anything IMO from down the actual road to just walking from the house to get the Sunday paper at the end of the driveway. When I was her age I used to love just walking in the woods on our property and I did it often. So I wonder if it was a habit of hers to take little walks by herself or if that's something she wouldn't really do.

not much to see on maps ... can't get a streetview, only satellite & it looks like a lot of trees, one large body of water in the town, close to 57 highway, and the town appears to be surrounded by farmland

Oh gosh, she is SO cute. If anyone spots her, that red hair should be memorable. Where could she be? Was she angry or upset when she left home, or was she just out for a walk?

So I wonder if her glasses are mainly for reading, that she left the house without them?

Was she wearing her nightshirt? I wonder why.

And I wonder where she was heading?

[bbm]

I don't think she was wearing a nightshirt - they worded it as a long purple shirt, oversize like a nightgown

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-local-news/7442-authorities-searching-for-missing-watson-girl

Volunteers are still being accepted and requested, and those turning out will need to be equipped for rougher terrain, and lights for night searches.

Searches from the air continue as well, with the ARCH helicopter from St. Louis taking 30-minute turns with the helicopter from Air Evac, searching a 1/2 x 1 mile area, working counter-clockwise from Long's home.

There are numerous people searching on horseback as well, and Cumberland Search and Rescue is sending more horses to assist.

They used dogs. No scent to follow? Not even to the street? That seems odd. If she was walking I would have thought they would have taken LE on a definite course until she went inside a house or car.

I'm thinking perhaps purple is her favorite color, based on her purple-rimmed glasses

Being so close to I57 concerns me. Looks like there is no direct exit to the town though. You'd have to exit at Route 37 and drive north. 37 is very close to Circle Dr. They should check corn fields, it's easy to get lost in.

[bbm]

I don't think she was wearing a nightshirt - they worded it as a long purple shirt, oversize like a nightgown

Right, I guess I thought nightshirt because they said about being oversized and also didn't specify other clothing. No matter, I'm sure that if she had other items on it will be clarified. :seeya:

Being so close to I57 concerns me. Looks like there is no direct exit to the town though. You'd have to exit at Route 37 and drive north. 37 is very close to Circle Dr. They should check corn fields, it's easy to get lost in.

good point about the cornfields ... one can get lost in those even as an adult

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member