SC SC - Zachary Malinowski, 19, Aynor, 25 Aug 2013 *Arrests*

Walker007

Reaction score
Search is active and has been active now for over a week with searchers on the ground. Please say a prayer for Zachary and his family.

Missing Person Info and Stats:

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/zachary-malinowski/

Details of Disappearance
Zachary was playing basketball with 2 of his friends on Sunday, August 25,2013. After playing ball, Zachary dropped off on of his friends at a residence (Murray Johnson Rd, Conway, SC) and the other friend states that he and Zachary then went to a lady’s residence – 7th Avenue, in Aynor,SC. They both stayed at that residence until approximately 11:30pm. The friend states that Zachary left in Zachary’s vehicle (1996 dark purple/burgundy Chevy Beretta) to get something to eat. He hasn’t been seen since.

Missing 19 Year Olds Car Found Burned Out: VIDEO at Link:

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=942867

SNIPPED:

Horry County police say they have found the car of missing 19-year-old Zachary Matthew Malinowski and that is was burned.

His car was found in the woods off of Valley Forge Road near Aynor on Tuesday.

Police say the car was "completely burned."

Search teams hold out hope for missing teen
http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/23290...art=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9280742

SNIPPED:
HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) - The Horry County Police Department is asking for your help to locate 19-year-old Zachary Malinowski. He was last seen on Sunday, August 25 in Aynor.

On the night of Monday, September 2, the purple 1996 Chevrolet Beretta he was last seen driving was found burned on Valley Forge Road, near Aynor, confirmed Lt. Robert Kegler with the Horry County Police Department. Detectives are still following leads concerning his whereabouts.

"Since he went missing, I haven't worked since," said Lonnie Jordan, Zach's stepfather. "This is day twelve that he's been missing."

Since the discovery of the car, CUE Center for Missing Persons founder Monica Caison has ramped up search efforts and called in more teams, hopeful Zach may be nearby.

"I definitely think we're in the right area," Caison said. "We're just not there yet. We're trying the best we can to eliminate space, but we don't want to miss anything."

The investigation was initiated on Wednesday when family members reported Malinowski missing, according to a news release from the HCPD. He was last seen near Seventh Avenue in Aynor wearing a red shirt, black gym shorts, and either black and white flip-flops or a pair of Air Jordans.

Parents Interviewed.
http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/23290...man-missing-since-sunday#.UirWgomKZ6U.twitter

SNIPPED:

Jordan said it is unlike her son to leave home for any period of time and not let anyone know, especially several days.
"I know my baby would've called by now if he could. I know he would 'cuz he was never ever away from home and didn't call somebody," Jordan said, "and I know if he could. I know if he could he would call us right now."

Wonder what happened at the lady friends house? Just would like to know the mood of the two boys when they left. Was this somewhere they went often? Was Zach upset? I can't imagine finding my sons car and not him :(

I'm wondering if this lady that were visiting was married or had a significant other?

I can only imagine where Zack's stepfather's thoughts are running, but I'd have to be suspicious of the friend(s) who saw him last.

I can only imagine where Zack's stepfather's thoughts are running, but I'd have to be suspicious of the friend(s) who saw him last.

In your link from post #3, it says he was last heard from via phone at 12:15 8/26. I wonder with who? Also, he has a charge from 12/12 for MJ and an open bottle in his car... I wonder if he was making a weed run and something happened.

In your link from post #3, it says he was last heard from via phone at 12:15 8/26. I wonder with who? Also, he has a charge from 12/12 for MJ and an open bottle in his car... I wonder if he was making a weed run and something happened.

I believe in one of the earlier articles it was a girlfriend. I'd have to go back and look, but I think she said she'd already gone to bed and missed his call, tried to call him back the next morning and couldn't reach him.

Here it is:
http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/23290...man-missing-since-sunday#.UirWgomKZ6U.twitter

Malinowski's friend, Samantha Hopkins said Malinowski texted her Sunday night around midnight. Hopkins was sleeping so she didn't see the text messages until Monday. Hopkins said she attempted to call and text Malinowski, but was unable to reach him.

"I was like this is crazy. He was always the type of person to have his phone," Hopkins said.

But Hopkins said another one of their mutual friend's also was unable to reach Malinowski.

"I texted his best friend Shakeem and he hadn't heard from him either so I knew something was wrong," Hopkins said.

Also this FB https://www.facebook.com/zack.malinowski

Both he and his g/f(possibly on/off) have more than one account and it seems a fairly volatile relationship.

His anger over what he seems to be inferring is interference in his relationship with his GF, and his comment about he loves her enough that he would prove it by dying for her if he had to have got to be worrying his family.

This is about 3 hours from me, and I haven't seen or read about it. CUE is a great resource.

There is, like, no coverage! Argh. He's legally a grown up and I know that changes how they search, but come on! I don't know many people that want to take off for a breather and set their car on fire. Something happened here and time is being wasted.

I'm less than an hour from Conway and haven't heard anything either.

As the mother of a son in his early 20's, I hate the fact that boys this age don't get the attention they deserve when they go missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back