CO - Horseman with pug in backpack, beer in saddlebags, arrested for intoxication

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Trip to Utah ends in Boulder with arrest on drunk horseback-riding, animal cruelty charges. (Boulder Daily Camera)

A 45-year-old Colorado Springs man is facing charges of drunken horseback riding, animal cruelty and the prohibited use of weapons after University of Colorado police on Monday interrupted what he claimed was a 600-mile journey from Larkspur to Bryce, Utah, to attend a wedding.

Police began receiving calls about Patrick Neal Schumacher's unusual journey around 2:14 p.m., according to CU police spokesman Ryan Huff.
---
Police said the man struck the horse hard enough that it reared up on its hind legs.

According to a campus police, Schumacher was slumped over to the right and forcing people off the sidewalks. Officers asked him to dismount and gave him a roadside sobriety test, which Schumacher failed, police said.

Schumacher also had a dog -- a pug named Bufford -- in a backpack, and officers found a small black powder pistol and beer in one of his saddlebags.
---
more at the link, with pictures; and, Daily Mail:

Drunk horseback rider arrested by police after weaving into traffic with a dog in
his rucksack and a beer in his saddlebag said he was off to a wedding 600 MILES away

• Patrick Neal Schumacher, 45, was spotted weaving in and out of traffic in Boulder, Colorado, on his horse Dillon
• He was stopped by police and given a field sobriety test, which he failed
• Officers found his pug Bufford in his backpack and a beer in his saddlebag
• Schumacher, from Colorado Springs, claimed he had been trying to get to his brother's wedding 600 miles away

wtfgodot strikes again! Ahahah pug.

Where do you -find- these? :floorlaugh:

I'm beginning to suspect this is actually you, doing bizarre things to make the news just so you can link it here. =P

(of course you'd never be cruel to animals - clearly you've employed an equine actor - and a stunt pug.)

I'm beginning to suspect this is actually you, doing bizarre things to make the news just so you can link it here. =P

(of course you'd never be cruel to animals - clearly you've employed an equine actor - and a stunt pug.)
Saw this in DM then switched to local coverage in Boulder Daily Camera. Pug named Bufford was the deciding factor here in making a thread of it!

Bahahaha "stunt pug"! I love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That poor little pug.

Everyone knows that you don't put your pugs in backpacks! You wear doggy bjorns.

Pet-a-Roo-Backpack-Dog-Carrier_F57DC798.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back