TX - Caught on camera: Deputy brutalizes a family

Elley Mae

Reaction score
It looked like there was more than just one officer there. I wonder why it took so long to bring any charge?

It looks like there are 2 responders on the ground (kneeling) with who I'm guessing is the speeding suspect. The other guy walks right up + starts kicking him repeatedly in between the 2 responders while he is laid on the ground. He seems to be just circling around the group completely out of control. What the???

Wonder what Deputy Drummond's defence would be? I can't imagine what he could possibly come back with to defend that level/kind of brutality. That video was a whole level of WTF. I also agree with Ohiogirl, there appeared to be other policemen there - why are they not getting charged too?

Wonder what Deputy Drummond's defence would be? I can't imagine what he could possibly come back with to defend that level/kind of brutality. That video was a whole level of WTF. I also agree with Ohiogirl, there appeared to be other policemen there - why are they not getting charged too?

:welcome6:

It's not just the legislators that need to realize they serve the people who pay their salary.

I usually feel there are two sides to every story, but when someone is handcuffed and clearly unable to provoke, much less defend himself, I don't see how there is any other side of the story.

It's not just the legislators that need to realize they serve the people who pay their salary.

I usually feel there are two sides to every story, but when someone is handcuffed and clearly unable to provoke, much less defend himself, I don't see how there is any other side of the story.

Agreed. It is clearly police brutality.

Truly disgusting and deeply disturbing. Every time LE engages in this type of brutality - anywhere in the USA - it causes more damage and general ill will amongst civilians. The ramifications, beyond any singular incident, are so far-reaching and harmful to us all.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/news/...ht_on_video_kicking_man_outside_of_his_ho.php

After nearly two years and thousands of dollars in legal fees, prosecutors had dropped all charges against David Scherz, who was 25 at the time of his arrest, and his family members who came out to see why a deputy followed him into their driveway...

Drummond got off on an apparent technicality. State District Judge Denise Collins ruled that prosecutors didn't properly charge Drummond before the time limit, effectively ending the case just as it was set to go to trial...

Meanwhile, the civil lawsuit that first led to criminal charges being filed, then dropped, against Drummond — and, apparently, to charges being re-filed against Yvonne and David Scherz Sr. — is effectively stalled.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back