1322 users online (212 members and 1110 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangeworld View Post
    Wow - that sketch is really close to IK's mugshot.

I think IK's mouth is quite distinctive for a male, and I reckon the sketch is almost perfection if it is him. You could imagine the victim trying to describe the upper lip, curves, etc - that sketch artist is certainly talented.
    The lips really stand out, don't they. Almost like they're pursed, or puckered. And the resemblance in the chin is striking, too. Look at the circular shading of the chin in the sketch, and then look at IK's chin. How on earth could a sketch artist get it so exact? My hat goes off to the victim for having the presence of mind to commit the details to memory. OTOH, I imagine the poor woman lived with the image of that face in her head for a very long time. Probably still to this day.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    The lips really stand out, don't they. Almost like they're pursed, or puckered. And the resemblance in the chin is striking, too. Look at the circular shading of the chin in the sketch, and then look at IK's chin. How on earth could a sketch artist get it so exact? My hat goes off to the victim for having the presence of mind to commit the details to memory. OTOH, I imagine the poor woman lived with the image of that face in her head for a very long time. Probably still to this day.

Bessie, when my friends and I were sitting comparing, someone said they thought the lips might be "off", so we then took the lip section of his drivers license photo, placed them over the sketch and WOW, it really was identical to Keyes....He was I'm sure mad in this booking photo, looks as if he maybe had them drawed more in a mad phrase, but when the lips are replaced with the other photo...It I feel is a total match....I also noticed the chin area, Keyes looks to maybe have a scare in the chin area, Jane Doe even got this correct, she made the sketch artists discolor that area also and I'm sure Jane Doe will never forget this image, after all he was holding a gun at her small baby boy in the backseat at the time she realized he was there and then he made her get in back with the goggles and he drove, Only God in Heaven will ever know what horror this poor lady must have felt...and just me personally moo, the only reason he let her go I feel is she tried to do every single thing he told her, she never put up any type of fight and begged him so hard to not kill them, however I feel when she worked with LE and this sketch was released, it was on sides of trucks, up all over Boca according to the video's in the interview posted, he knew he would be dead meat if he went close to Boca ever again, I sit and wonder and wonder if the trip to Orlando about 2 years later might have been his planning of returning to Boca and killing her for releasing a sketch after he told her to tell them he was short, fat and black...In my mind....I 100% feel he was going to try this

Much talk has been discussed on the sketch....PLEASE scroll down to the bottom of this link page and watch the video's, very informative..
    http://www.today.com/id/24920708/ns/.../#.UjFPMNK-qFB

================================================== ================================================== =======
    ...When Jane Doe 1st went to the police, they thought she was making the whole story up, more or less kinda laughed but several days later they found where her vehicle had actually been at a toll booth where she told LE that when he drove he got lost, they began to believe her then.....The video's shows the 1st sketch released, but Jane Doe was not happy with that one at all, so when Randi was shot and killed and her vehicle was a very modern BLACK-Tinted Windows vehicle as was Jane Doe's, they began to think more that there might be a link to the 2 cases.....MOO....I feel Randi was taken or forced by Keyes, but her mother said plainly Randi did "NOT" have an ATM Card, she never used one.....I feel when he told her to go to the ATM, she somehow had to answer him and tell him she did not have one, so he knew she had already seen him and I feel she was probably arguing or putting up some type of struggle with him....so he shot her close range in a nearby PARK.....she had on very very expensive jewelry, but none was taken...Her Purse and Shoes were the only thing known taken..I just feel Keyes would never leave empty handed and I'm sure she had a lot of cash in that purse and it was a designer purse and her shoes were known to be very expensive sneakers...........several weeks on, her cell phone was found in Miami in a black homeless area and was being used......That is just soooooooooo IK to me...I feel he took the phone and threw it out there thinking and knowing the homeless would use the phone and I can almost say he probably gave that expensive purse to someone there and perhaps the shoes also...this just all ties in together to me after he told Jane Doe to tell them he was Short, Fat and Black.....and then dumping Randi's phone off in a black homeless area of Miami

and then when the Mother and Daughter was taken near Christmas of that year, also vehicle was a modern black SUV with tinted windows....seen on surveliance video going through the ATM machine......I just believe that she put up a big fight with Keyes, perhaps because he was threating her with her 7 yr old daughter being in the back seat and it almost had to prove this was right....She was found bound, goggles over the Mother and Daughter's eyes, both in the back seat of the SUV and both of course shot to death at close range.....This child was called her miracle child because the mother was over 40 yrs old and thought she would never have kids....Well this sweet child was born and family states they called her their Christmas Angel.......the sister of this lady says the look that was left on that childs face will haunt her till she draws her last breath..nothing but fear, pur horror

I feel personally this shoots Keyes MO that kids were off limits all to HELLO, I think he did this shooting out of anger because the mother was trying with all she had in her to defend this precious 7 yr old daughter and I feel his temper just got him so he shot them both.....Maybe after this the memories of doing this and that child's face haunted him so bad he knew he would never do a child again, but I definitely feel Keyes is guilty in all 3 of these cases and NOTE***....In the video's in the article, even after all these happened a lady in another mall had been approached by a man that fit exactly the sketch released, but she REFUSED very stern she was not taking him anywhere, and she threw her purse at him in an area he could reach it and she took off, she did not want to come forth, but after hearing all the other cases, she did and described a man that 100% matched the released new sketch
    Last edited by digndoodle; 09-12-2013 at 01:46 AM. Reason: added a link

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    If this is indeed a sketch of IK, I wonder if, in this case, his efforts at disguise (which I'm thinking the hat/glasses were) backfired: Maybe the reason the victim was able to describe the mouth/cheekbones/jaw so aptly to the sketch artist was because, without the distraction of eyes (which most people tend to focus on, IMO) forehead, and hair, that's what she had to focus on during the time of her terror. Probably burned those features into her brain!

Quote Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
    If this is indeed a sketch of IK, I wonder if, in this case, his efforts at disguise (which I'm thinking the hat/glasses were) backfired: Maybe the reason the victim was able to describe the mouth/cheekbones/jaw so aptly to the sketch artist was because, without the distraction of eyes (which most people tend to focus on, IMO) forehead, and hair, that's what she had to focus on during the time of her terror. Probably burned those features into her brain!
    That's such a good point! If it is him, he ended up emphasising the one facial feature that really distinguishes him. His lips.

One thing I noticed when I first glanced at the mugshot and the sketch was in the mugshot, IK's neck looks thicker than the sketch. Reminds me of the look of footballers where their neck sort of continues on into their face (if you know what I mean!). But then I thought maybe he has his neck/head pulled back a bit in the mugshot, which would make the jawline and neck blend more. Also, it is unlikely that IK would have held his head still long enough for this jawline/neck blending to really stand out to the victim so maybe it wasn't apparent to her. Do other photos of IK show this neck/jawline blending (sorry - don't know what else to call it!).

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
    RE: because, without the distraction of eyes (which most people tend to focus on

Backwoods, when comparing the sketch to the photo, I didn't notice his eyes, due to the sunglasses. After a closer inspection, the eyes are visible through the lenses, and are identical to Israel Keyes' eyes, imo..

A couple of days ago, on a different IK thread; Curriers(VT), we were discussing the importance of LE utilizing the technology that is available when producing sketches to release to the public. Imo, the forensic sketch artist that prepared this sketch should be saluted for such an accurate portrayal of this unknown suspect.

http://officialcoldcaseinvestigation...?t=2710&page=4

Interesting read..
    Cold Case Investigations > KILLERS > Serial Killers
    Boca Raton Serial Killer ???

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...hicchio-hauser

The faces of South Florida's underworld
    Veteran Sheriff's Office sketch artist helps capture hundreds of criminals

The composite was hand-drawn by John McMahon, a caricaturist with a gun, badge and pencil. A third-generation cop who was born with an artistic flair, McMahon, 55, is a veteran forensic artist and robbery detective with the Broward Sheriff's Office.

McMahon and his brethren of forensic artists are relics in a modern crime-fighting world where video surveillance systems and computer software often replace the pen and paper.

His sketches over the years — each signed "McMahon BSO" — have captured the faces of South Florida's dark side, including serial killers, rapists, burglars, and kidnappers.

Legend has it that even some in the criminal underworld are admirers of his work.
    <sniped-read more>
    Last edited by Foxfire; 09-12-2013 at 11:00 AM.

A suspect sketch, although very critical in missing/murdered persons investigations, is only one tool of many. Another critical tool is a psychological behavioral profile of the suspect. These profiles are seldom released to the public in conjunction with the sketch by investigators. Imo, this is the weak link preventing many people from coming forward in identifying unknown suspects. Many folks think that a person who would commit such heinous crimes would come across as monsters. Yet, in virtually every case, when caught, they are described as the nicest person by family, friends, and neighbors...

The surviving victim of the Boca Raton Mall murders attributed her release and survival to remaining calm and treating the suspect as any other person. Imo, this interaction may have prevented the suspect from morphing into his other self. The rage filled violent side that family, friends, and neighbors never encounter...
    Last edited by Foxfire; 09-12-2013 at 10:09 AM.

After reading about Israel Keyes, and seeing his mugshot, today, I immediately thought of the Bochicchio's! They have always stuck with me because I was living in the area at the time. I came here to see if anyone else thought the same thing. I have never been more sure of matching two cases than I have about IK being the Bochicchio's murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lava View Post
    After reading about Israel Keyes, and seeing his mugshot, today, I immediately thought of the Bochicchio's! They have always stuck with me because I was living in the area at the time. I came here to see if anyone else thought the same thing. I have never been more sure of matching two cases than I have about IK being the Bochicchio's murderer.
    Hello Lava, I feel that I. Keyes was responsible for all 3 kidnappings at the Boca Raton mall and I feel he shot the Bochicchio's because she perhaps really put up a fight protecting her young daughter..and also I believe that after he did this killing was perhaps why he looked for homes with no kids and said kids were off limits..but these happened over 7 years ago and back then he may not have had this in his MO...so YES I for one definitely think it was I.Keyes...the sketch is just too close for me to believe otherwise

Some links from the show Dark Minds with William Phelps and John Q. Kelly
    This aired last season.....Boca Raton Mall Shooter
    ================================================== =============================

http://investigation.discovery.com/t...shoot-them.htm

http://investigation.discovery.com/t...shoot-them.htm
    Don't shoot my Son

I highly admire William Phelps and his True Crime Books are some of the best written in my opinion....This was on Discovery ID Channel
    Last edited by digndoodle; 10-18-2013 at 08:35 AM. Reason: adding more

Thanx for the links of the Boca Raton Mall Shooter; Dark Minds, Digndoodle.
    'Don't be such a stranger, Digndoodle'.. 'I almost started a WS Missing Poster thread for ya'...

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    Thanx for the links of the Boca Raton Mall Shooter; Dark Minds, Digndoodle.
    'Don't be such a stranger, Digndoodle'.. 'I almost started a WS Missing Poster thread for ya'...
    I am very much still here Foxfire...LOL.....but have been sick for about 2 1/2 weeks with ??? bronchitis......Just waiting to see each day if they release anything new such as an updated timeline and etc.

I just happen to admire William Phelps and Dark Minds, I feel he tries to make the travels, crime scenes and etc. so accurate and does a super good job to me in trying to get new leads on various cases, I just hope that one day he will have a POI in the case of his sister-in-law..found in Conn. strangled to death in her bath-tub.....Hey that would be a new case to try and work on, it is very hard for Mr. Phelps to talk about since she was pregnant at the time...he usually answers "in time, In time"......Would be great if us sluethers could come up with a POI in her case for sure...I don't believe there is a forum for her, please correct me if I am wrong
    Attached Images Attached Images

Question

One thing I cannot comprehend:

1. If you look at Jane Doe's composite police sketch, it seems extremely clear that it has to be Keyes.

2. Bochicchio murders occurred on Dec. 12, 2007.

3. But look at info from Keyes timeline:

December 8 - 11, 2007 : Vehicle rental (Enterprise); silver Mitsubishi Galant; drove 537 miles, did not have permission to leave state - Fort Wayne, Indiana. (original return date was December 10, 2007)

December 16, 2007: Hotel reservation (Ramada Inn) - Sequim, Washington.
    Anyone who like me is positive Keyes is the Boca Mall killer, care to venture a guess RE the timeline above??? Did he drive the rental car out of state? What about the mileage?

Quote Originally Posted by SMK View Post
    One thing I cannot comprehend:

1. If you look at Jane Doe's composite police sketch, it seems extremely clear that it has to be Keyes.

2. Bochicchio murders occurred on Dec. 12, 2007.

3. But look at info from Keyes timeline:

Anyone who like me is positive Keyes is the Boca Mall killer, care to venture a guess RE the timeline above??? Did he drive the rental car out of state? What about the mileage?

I certainly don't feel "positive" about IK and Boca Raton -- as I've said before (in the wrong thread, sorry mods!), I think I would not really be considering it at all except...for that SKETCH! I'm not one to look at suspect sketches and say 'Oh it matches!' really easily either -- I rarely do, it seems, but THIS one ...wow, it really did just bowl me over. (Maybe it was just my turn, though.)

No easy way, in my mind, to reconcile the timeline with the Boca mall abductions/murders. I think the possibilities you suggest are ...well, possibilities. They seem kind of out there, BUT -- we are talking about IK.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast