814 users online (115 members and 699 guests)  

Websleuths News

George Zimmerman loses lawyer

George Zimmerman Loses Lawyer as Cops Seek Fight Video

George Zimmerman's lawyer said today he will no longer represent the man acquitted of murder in the death of teenager Trayvon Martin, even as police say that Zimmerman or his wife could face charges over Monday's domestic dispute.

O'Mara appeared to struggle with his anger at his client during Monday's incident in which he went to Zimmerman's house while police were still there. During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimm...ry?id=20212533

"O'Mara will still be Zimmerman's lawyer in a defamation suit pending against NBC and in the remaining motions stemming from the Trayvon Martin trial, including a motion to reimburse Zimmerman's attorneys and a motion to censure the prosecution."

Same link
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

I will say this, if there was ever a lawyer who earned his paycheck, it's O'Mara. George, pay the man.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but not to his own facts. --Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Wow, I'm so shocked at all of these goings on since his acquittal.

I like Mark O'Mara and I agree with Schuby, he earned his money!

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuby View Post
    I will say this, if there was ever a lawyer who earned his paycheck, it's O'Mara. George, pay the man.
    I agree he earned his paycheck, but didn't he agree to represent Zimmerman pro bono?
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    I agree he earned his paycheck, but didn't he agree to represent Zimmerman pro bono?
    I don't think so..
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but not to his own facts. --Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful One View Post
    Wow, I'm so shocked at all of these goings on since his acquittal.

I like Mark O'Mara and I agree with Schuby, he earned his money!
    It's something isn't it? He really needs to go to Canada or something. I'm not saying that in a "get out of my country" kind of way, just in a "dude, chill, lay low for a while," kind of way.

Is it usual for one's attorney to turn on them by making a statement to the press? "Pay me" is quite a statement with few words.

What a great link: vid of Zimmerman smashing the iPad, pictures of the injuries, and MOM saying 'Pay me.' .. Sooooo..... guess she wasn't lying. http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimm...ry?id=20212533
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

Guess everyone is getting as far away from George as humanly possible at the moment .. for good reason by the looks.
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.