1190 users online (218 members and 972 guests)  

Websleuths News

Shooting breaks out – at anti-violence vigil

Charlotte’s recent spate of violence took a new twist Thursday night when gunfire broke out at an anti-violence vigil in the city’s Villa Heights neighborhood.

Four people were injured, but police say none of the victims’ injuries is considered life-threatening. No arrests have been announced.....more......

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

This is why we can't have nice things.

Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Mothers of Murdered Offspring sponsored the vigil, calling attention to last Thursday’s death of Javon Booker, who police say was fatally shot when he allegedly tried to rob a convenience store on Tom Hunter Road in north Charlotte. The service took place in the 2500 block of Pinckney Avenue, a block south of Matheson Avenue.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy
    Maybe they need to hold a vigil to stop convenience store robberies!

Hannah says her clerk did what he had to do when he shot and killed Javon Booker Thursday night. Hannah says Booker demanded money and hit the clerk in the head with a gun.

"He could have been shot. He could have been laying dead on the floor and in a morgue," said Hannah.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't consider this man murdered. jmo
    "Crack up the music and dance!"

One of the store's owners Lamia Hanna described what she saw on the surveillance camera. "It showed the guy jumped [over the counter]. He had a gun. He was all covered up. We didn't see his face and he hit the clerk twice. The clerk had to defend himself," Hanna said.

"Crack up the music and dance!"

Charlotte, North Carolina
    Between the violence at the anti violence rally to the poor kitten thrown out of the car during an animal rights rally, my city is looking really bad right now. Add that to the string of murders that prompted the CMPD to address the media and its downright embarrassing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Find Brian Shaffer!!

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~