Identified! AZ - Tucson, Skeletal remains in shallow grave, May'12 - Christopher Mazzarella

2Hip2BSquare

Former Member
Reaction score
http://azstarnet.com/news/blogs/pol...cle_4aaffd22-1b2c-11e3-abc7-001a4bcf887a.html

"Skeletal remains found more than a year ago in a shallow grave at a drive-in theater have been identified as a Tucson man who likely went missing in 2009.

Christopher Mazzarella was last heard from on Dec. 11, 2009, when he telephoned his mother, according to the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs), an online database. He was 47 at that time.

In May 2012, skeletal remains were found buried at the old DeAnza Drive-In, which closed in October 2009.

<mod snip>
Anyone with information about the case or Mazzarella should call 911 or 88-CRIME."

RIP Chris. It looks like you had a rough time while alive. May you be resting peacefully in paradise now...

His right arm was missing?

RIP to Chris. He's got a nice house now, I bet.

Yes right arm... Hmmm. I'm wondering... I would think if there was gnawing involved they would be able to tell and would indicate that an animal/critter had taken off with his arm.... But he was buried deep it seems!

Good point about his arm. What gives with that?

Poor guy :(

I think there had to have been foul play in order for someone to secretly bury him, even though he lived in the area (being homeless). You don't bury yourself and animals can't gnaw off an arm if it's underground.
Even if he did die a natural death, why would someone just bury him without reporting that something happened? And without one of his arms?

Mazzarella was identified through a DNA match to his mother, said Dr. Gregory Hess, chief medical examiner for Pima County.

However, Hess said, &#8220;we don&#8217;t know why he died. We just have the skeletal remains and we don&#8217;t have injury to the remains that jumps out at us as an explanation.&#8221;

However, Hess said, &#8220;we don&#8217;t know why he died. We just have the skeletal remains and we don&#8217;t have injury to the remains that jumps out at us as an explanation.&#8221;...

According to the autopsy report, his death was classified as a &#8220;homicide by unspecified means.&#8221;

https://www.google.com/amp/tucson.c...bcf887a.amp.html?client=ms-android-sonymobile

Here's an article that gives some insight on the life of Christopher Mazzarella; he was a talented stage actor, had a real zest for the arts, and seemed to be beloved by his family and friends. It's incredibly tragic that his life ended up the way it did after it started with such potential.

http://tucson.com/news/blogs/police...cle_b389426d-14c0-52fa-a449-b4f10c5f3a76.html

Thank you for sharing, Spindlebrook. I think that more than only finding out their names, we should also care to know who they were during life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back